• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dental hygiene tips

Cooky

Veteran Member
Someone at work gave me a good tip, he said to swish hydrogen peroxide in your mouth for as long as you can stand it before brushing, and then to floss after brushing before rinsing with water, to get the flouride between your teeth.

Cooky

Veteran Member
One that I came up with, is to pour scope or listerine in my water pic, on full blast, and shoot my whole gum line for healthy gums.

...Anyone else ever thought of that? I've never tried it... But I might.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
I make my own alcohol. A tincture of thyme is basically Listerine. Swish it around long enough, and you will absorb alcohol through the soft tissues in your mouth. Or you could just swallow it. :)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
if you get a tooth knocked loose...
push it back down into the socket and then bite on your thumb nail

I've kept one small tooth in my lower jaw that way

the nerve died years later

a root canal and guess what...…

50yrs more of chewing and still got it

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Someone at work gave me a good tip, he said to swish hydrogen peroxide in your mouth for as long as you can stand it before brushing, and then to floss after brushing before rinsing with water, to get the flouride between your teeth.

Hydrogen peroxide??? It reacts with anything organic, people are organic, teeth are organic. It is used (in undiluted form) as rocket fuel

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I use off the shelf mouthwash, an interdental brush between teeth and and electric toothbrush. Brush after meals and drink plenty of water.

I'm 50 next birthday and as yet have never had a filling