• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

DNB

Christian
Ah so! Astrology is true too. So very many believers so many books.
How can it not be true. Terrif logic n science. I must introduce this
con ept to science.

As for "spiritual endowment" it's a made up term.
Science, even in its lowest form, psychology kind
of needs definable terms.

Now, there clearly are reasons that people e are superstitious.
I'm no psychologist, I don't know what it is in people that
results in superstition.
You may be referring to this as " spiritual" and and
wonderful.
Now a new term, " spiritual creature".
What " spiritual" means has been gone over in dozens of
threads, to no effect but more " lo here" and "lo there".

As a religionist, that no doubt seems fine, realistic and
probably quite wonderful to you.

Some of what leads to superstition being organized and
betide es enforced is obvious.

So is the lasting effect on little children when the are indoctrinated
in the way of thinking involved. That too is seen as wondrrful.

It's pretty easy to see why superdtitions are transmitted
are generated and passed down, grow, proloferate and
get more organized.

A study of the history of medicine is most instructive
in how that goes.

Shall we make that a Sign that mankind is a "xxxx creature"
and " xxxx endowed" and make up,a word in place of xxxx?

I'm not a scientist, never represented that I was.
You simply made it up, calling me a scientist.

It's a pattern I see in religionists.

I'm no,scientist but I've an eye for lllogical iking,
unsupportable claims, facts not in evidence, etc.

Your rhetoric is a repository of such.
I thought that you were a geologist of some sort, and, thus, I referred to the general study as a scientist - one who endeavors to draw conclusions from observation.
Mans propensity to engage in spirituality does not make the individual religion true or false, but it necessitates the fact that man has an innate propensity to engage in spiritual matters, obviously. And, again, throughout the world, throughout the centuries, and throughout the masses.
Why in the world are we discussing whether or not man has a spiritual dimension to his ontology, this is axiomatic????

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
To claim that all psychics are charlatans just because some psychics are charlatans is the fallacy of hasty generalization.

No.

Take homeopathy for example.
Homeopathy is pseudo-scientific bs. Therefor all homeopaths sell bs.
A representative of a field that is inherently "charlatanistic", reflects on said representative.

"psychic-isms" have been exposed time and again as "charlatanistic".

I'm not aware of:
1. any "psychic-ism" to have ever been confirmed as being an actual thing. Instead, every single time it's properly put to the test, it fails miserably
2. same for the "psychics" themselves. Never confirmed legit. When tested, always exposed as bs.

So no, not a generalization at all and especially not "hasty".
Instead, just a proper rational conclusion concerning literally ALL proper tests and inquiries into the "fields" in question.

It's bs from start to finish, and never shown otherwise.

If I told you about one would you believe me?

It's going to take more then anecdotes / beliefs / claims to convince me of extra-ordinary things.

Audie

Veteran Member
I thought that you were a geologist of some sort, and, thus, I referred to the general study as a scientist - one who endeavors to draw conclusions from observation.
Mans propensity to engage in spirituality does not make the individual religion true or false, but it necessitates the fact that man has an innate propensity to engage in spiritual matters, obviously. And, again, throughout the world, throughout the centuries, and throughout the masses.
Why in the world are we discussing whether or not man has a spiritual dimension to his ontology, this is axiomatic????
You think a lot of things.

Now its
"spiritual dimension in his oncology. Invoking metaphysics,
as if that were anything but vapour.

What's wrong with " in response to ignorance, people may
adopt superstitious explsnstions", instead of making up
pseudo-weighty mum jum terms?

Usually that's taken as a sign of a lack of substance or
rigour in thought.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Wouldn't make a difference, guaranteed!
It is so typical of religionists to be happy to
make things up and state them as fact.

We are amused by the inconsistencies and
contradictions that result.

Elsewhere you state as fact that I am a scientist,
one whose beliefs are based on observation.

Here you have it that I'd ignore observation.

The "guarantee" you offer, that I am intellectual.y
dishonest is what we call " psychological projection".
Among other base and Ignoble things that could be mentioned.

Elsewhere you cite observation to back up your conclusion
that theres a "spiritual endowment".
You think you are a " scientist"?

Just in case you do, we remind you that scientists,
or other thnkers with integrity, dont put conclusion first then
trot out evidence and force fit it.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
It is so typical of religionists to be happy to
make things up and state them as fact.

We are amused by the inconsistencies and
contradictions that result.

Elsewhere you state as fact that I am a scientist,
one whose beliefs are based on observation.

Here you have it that I'd ignore observation.

The "guarantee" you offer, that I am intellectual.y
dishonest is what we call " psychological projection".
Among other base and Ignoble things that could be mentioned.

Elsewhere you cite observation to back up your conclusion
that theres a "spiritual endowment".
You think you are a " scientist"?

Just in case you do, we remind you that scientists,
or other thnkers with integrity, dont put conclusion first then
trot out evidence and force fit it.
Winner Frube!

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
To claim that all psychics are charlatans just because some psychics are charlatans is the fallacy of hasty generalization.

If I told you about one would you believe me?

In my opinion and experience, it's pointless to argue with a skeptic of the paranormal. As I've stated numerous times on this forum, I believe that "seeing is believing." This is because I've seen it happen time and time again with skeptics who were adamantly opposed to believing in the paranormal until they had an experience (or multiple experiences) with the paranormal that they couldn't explain or debunk, and it caused them to either begin to genuinely believe in the paranormal or admit that their experience could possibly have been paranormal. My husband, for example, was a cautious skeptic until he had his first paranormal experience in July 2021 and his second experience not quite a month ago in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He was a cautious skeptic for a long time after I told him about my mediumship, but then he had an experience of his own while he was with me during a paranormal investigation at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. He always believed me when I told him about my experiences, but he had never had an undeniable experience of his own until we were together at America's most haunted hotel. He heard multiple Class A EVPs while I was conducting burst EVP sessions throughout the hotel and on the hotel grounds. He saw the images that appeared live on my SLS camera, as well as thermal images and photographs of some spirits taken by other paranormal investigators who were also present at the hotel. We later went on one of the hotel's nightly ghost tours, and he was impressed with the EMF readings and Class A EVPs that were captured while we were on the tour. We also experienced some poltergeist activity in our room later that night. The covers on our bed were pulled off onto the floor, we heard knocking in the bathroom, the faucets in the sink and the shower turned on by themselves, and we heard a disembodied voice in our room. My husband described himself as a "cautious skeptic" prior to his personal experiences at the Crescent Hotel, and he told me that it would be dishonest for him to continue to be one after everything he has personally witnessed at the Crescent.

nPeace

Veteran Member
It seems when someone who claims to be religious, or having some form of religion claiming a belief in Jesus, when asked how they justify belief in Jesus, it is taken as an attack.
My dear. Just let it go.
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, what is it?

nPeace

Veteran Member
It seems when someone who claims to be religious, or having some form of religion claiming a belief in Jesus, when asked how they justify belief in Jesus, it is taken as an attack.
I was just looking at a case, where a youngster stabbed a teenage girl one hundred and fourteen times. That's 1 1 4.
He was not diagnosed as a mental case. I guess it's his vestigial animal instinct that his mom could not possibly have seen.
Oh. They found drawings, some describe as "Satanic", because of for example, the Pentagram (seen on the guy's head).
MF-AIDEN-DRAWINGS-COMP.jpg

You can get the details of those stab wounds here. Thirty-five were to the head, and quite a few were to the back.
He was not mentally ill. He was not possessed by demons. He just wanted to know "what it felt like to kill someone".... according to the judge that passed sentence...
Stabbing them 114 times

Normal human beings do that, I suppose. Well according to his grandmother, he was normal... until she saw him after the murder. He looked like a different person. "Like someone high on drugs". She said.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
My dear. Just let it go.
If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, what is it?
You represent a faith group that considers everyone that isn't part of your faith group to be damned, so your derision of my faith is neither surprising nor any interest to me. It is you and yours that try to constantly make me the subject of interest here. I imagine, it is due to the fact that I represent a person that can accept reality and maintain their faith and you all don't like that.

Not all of us ignore God's creation in favor of the interpretations of people that demand you follow them or be shunned.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I was just looking at a case, where a youngster stabbed a teenage girl one hundred and fourteen times. That's 1 1 4.
He was not diagnosed as a mental case. I guess it's his vestigial animal instinct that his mom could not possibly have seen.
Oh. They found drawings, some describe as "Satanic", because of for example, the Pentagram (seen on the guy's head).

You can get the details of those stab wounds here. Thirty-five were to the head, and quite a few were to the back.
He was not mentally ill. He was not possessed by demons. He just wanted to know "what it felt like to kill someone".... according to the judge that passed sentence...
Stabbing them 114 times

Normal human beings do that, I suppose. Well according to his grandmother, he was normal... until she saw him after the murder. He looked like a different person. "Like someone high on drugs". She said.
Definitely evidence of aliens. Prove me wrong.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You represent a faith group that considers everyone that isn't part of your faith group to be damned, so your derision of my faith is neither surprising nor any interest to me. It is you and yours that try to constantly make me the subject of interest here. I imagine, it is due to the fact that I represent a person that can accept reality and maintain their faith and you all don't like that.

Not all of us ignore God's creation in favor of the interpretations of people that demand you follow them or be shunned.

^ This.

Well said, Dan.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Stabbing them 114 times

It's the Default Paradigm using a gratuitously shocking example to touch on emotion and revulsion in order to persuade others when there is no evidence to back up a claim of demons. Since we find this so shocking and extraordinary, there must be a shocking and extraordinary answer and it is your answer that you never, ever have supplied evidence to sustain it as a valid explanation.

You are trying to establish some doubt as to a rational explanation and when in doubt, you declare your paradigm the answer by default.

It is almost sickening to see someone tread on this horrific tragedy and use it to further their personal agenda. It is like someone is stabbing this poor child all over again.

muhammad_isa

It's the Default Paradigm using a gratuitously shocking example to touch on emotion and revulsion in order to persuade others when there is no evidence to back up a claim of demons..
I disagree.
Of course, it depends on your definition of a demon.

I would say that human beings can be demons, and are influenced by other humans as
well as unseen "spirits".

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I disagree.
Of course, it depends on your definition of a demon.

I would say that human beings can be demons, and are influenced by other humans as
well as unseen "spirits".
It isn't a question of degree. The thread is about the evidence that others use to make the claim of demon. That is what this thread is about. Lots of people are making claims of demons. The question is how do they do they know it is demons. There has been no unambiguous, objective evidence supplied that others can use and would draw the same conclusion.

If the spirits are unseen, how do you know they are there? How are others differentiating an ordinary natural cause from a spirit or a demon?

That is what the thread asks. I await an answer and from the looks of things, I, and others, will be waiting a long time.

I've heard a lot about how this is discernment, but again, there is no evidence that anyone on here has any special abilities that others don't have. It seems to me that this particular claim is offered as smoke and mirrors to shut others up.

I worry about Christians that play these games.

muhammad_isa

If the spirits are unseen, how do you know they are there? How are others differentiating an ordinary natural cause from a spirit or a demon?
How do we know that G-d is there? A similar question, which atheists ask again and again.

..and what is a "natural cause"?
Some people say that the earth evolved through natural cause..
..but I say that Almighty God is the Evolver from Naught.

I have no reason to believe that G-d, angels and demons are not part of reality.
I believe in the unseen .. a thought cannot be seen.