• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democrats take the house!!!

Are you happy with the results of the election?

• Yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Anade said:
Personally, I think that this is just awful. The democrats have the house, and i bet they'll get the senate. It's the end of life as we know it!!! *begins hyperventilating*
How do you think your life will change? Why is it the end of life as we know it? I'm curious as to where you derive these thoughts from.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
angellous_evangellous said:
You mean an identity disorder?

A schitzo would think that the world (eg, though the elite or illuminadi) is out to get them.
Schizophrenia is not always paranoid, tho that may be the most common type.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Victor said:
California actually won more republican seats then years past. That is hard to do in such a large blue state as California.
Do you really consider Cali a blue state? The state that voted for Nixon and Reagan? I'd say that SF and LA are very liberal but the inland agricultural areas are not. The state as a whole is mixed.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
lilithu said:
Do you really consider Cali a blue state? The state that voted for Nixon and Reagan? I'd say that SF and LA are very liberal but the inland agricultural areas are not. The state as a whole is mixed.

For the past 12 years it has been strongly Democrat. Even more so with the increase of Hispanics.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
lilithu said:
Perhaps he meant because California went blue in the 2004 presidential election?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
GloriaPatri said:
They already have fought and died for nothing.

There's too much truth in that for me to be anything less than infuriated with the current administration for getting us into Iraq. I live in a city with five military bases, and I know quite a few military men and women. To waste the talents, skills, devotion, honor and loyality of such wonderful people in a war we should not have gotten ourselves into in the first place is borderline criminal. The current administration has been utterly immoral in how it's treated what is possibly the best military this country has ever had.

Quiddity

Sunstone said:
There's too much truth in that for me to be anything less than infuriated with the current administration for getting us into Iraq. I live in a city with five military bases, and I know quite a few military men and women. To waste the talents, skills, devotion, honor and loyality of such wonderful people in a war we should not have gotten ourselves into in the first place is borderline criminal. The current administration has been utterly immoral in how it's treated what is possibly the best military this country has ever had.

I’m always dumbfounded as to why invading Iraq is placed on the lap of this administration. Its one thing to be infuriated at this administration for wanting to remain in Iraq, but quite another to blame them for the entrance into Iraq. I just don’t get it.

It was not just this administration that was convinced of WMD's.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Victor said:
I’m always dumbfounded as to why invading Iraq is placed on the lap of this administration. Its one thing to be infuriated at this administration for wanting to remain in Iraq, but quite another to blame them for the entrance into Iraq. I just don’t get it.

It was not just this administration that was convinced of WMD's.

You raise a good point, Victor. But I think the bottom line is the administration too quickly chose war over its other options. Also, it wasn't at all wise of the administration to go into Iraq before it had finnished business in Afghanistan. So, now we're loosing Iraq and the Taliban is making a comeback in Afghanistan.

Quiddity

Sunstone said:
You raise a good point, Victor. But I think the bottom line is the administration too quickly chose war over its other options. Also, it wasn't at all wise of the administration to go into Iraq before it had finnished business in Afghanistan. So, now we're loosing Iraq and the Taliban is making a comeback in Afghanistan.

No qualms there.....agreed. :)

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
tlcmel said:
So, any comments.: hamster : :D

I'm certainly not happy about it, though I'm not sure how much worse the Democrats will actually be. The good news is that Bush will most likely start using the veto, which means nothing much will get done. Which, given the last twenty years, nothing being done is a lot better than the alternative.