• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California dies at age 90

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Feinstein, the oldest sitting U.S. senator, was a passionate advocate for liberal priorities important to her state -- including environmental protection, reproductive rights and gun control -- but was also known as a pragmatic lawmaker who reached out to Republicans and sought middle ground.

Rest in peace.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
RIP, but at the same time, shame on her for not retiring. There is no honor in holding onto power at all costs, especially when you are incapable of functioning, let alone carry out any duties. At least that offensive display from her and her handlers has ended.

Last edited:
RIP, but at the same time, shame on her for not retiring. There is no honor in holding onto power at all costs, especially when you are incapable of functioning, let alone carry out any duties. At least that offensive display from her and her handlers has ended.

I know nothing about her, but can’t say that clinging on to personal power until the day you die of old age is an admirable quality.

Seems to be a bit of a problem across the board in the senate and presidency.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know nothing about her, but can’t say that clinging on to personal power until the day you die of old age is an admirable quality.

Seems to be a bit of a problem across the board in the senate and presidency.
Trump & Biden still strike me as mentally
capable of doing the job. But there's a
greater risk of rapid decline than with
younger Presidents.
Pelosi was much worse off than those 2.

BTW, I find Trump mentally unfit for the
job, but not because of age.

Shaul

Premium Member
It is sad to hear of her passing. Although I was not a fan of her politics. I also sadly remember her strong connection with the People's Temple leader Jim Jones. I hope her family finds solace and their grief is not severe.

Orbit

I'm a planet
It is sad to hear of her passing. Although I was not a fan of her politics. I also sadly remember her strong connection with the People's Temple leader Jim Jones. I hope her family finds solace and their grief is not severe.
How exactly was she "connected" to Jim Jones, besides the fact that Jones' church operated in San Francisco before moving to Guyana? Here's what I found: "In a town where most of the Democratic establishment embraced Jones, with rare exceptions like the straight-laced Dianne Feinstein who never cared much for the Reverend"

Awful source here: Democratic Injustice

Shaul

Premium Member
How exactly was she "connected" to Jim Jones, besides the fact that Jones' church operated in San Francisco before moving to Guyana? Here's what I found: "In a town where most of the Democratic establishment embraced Jones, with rare exceptions like the straight-laced Dianne Feinstein who never cared much for the Reverend"

After she joined the SF Board of Supervisors she joined them in a resolution “in recognition of his [Jones'] guidance and inspiration” in furthering “humanitarian programs.” She also accepted an invitation from Jim Jones to have lunch with him and tour the SF People's Temple. Although she (and other SF politicians) worked hard to distance herself from Jim Jones later, before the tragic events of Jonestown, Guyana she was a willing political ally of his and booster.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

It is true, I read from another equally reliable source that she loved to eat live young kittens. "You have to get them very early because then their bones have a wonderful crunch!" Obviously she is a monster.

Orbit

I'm a planet
After she joined the SF Board of Supervisors she joined them in a resolution “in recognition of his [Jones'] guidance and inspiration” in furthering “humanitarian programs.” She also accepted an invitation from Jim Jones to have lunch with him and tour the SF People's Temple. Although she (and other SF politicians) worked hard to distance herself from Jim Jones later, before the tragic events of Jonestown, Guyana she was a willing political ally of his and booster.
Sounds like regular politician stuff. You made it sound like she was his cheerleader or something.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sounds like regular politician stuff. You made it sound like she was his cheerleader or something.
People make very stupid mistakes. Most of the time they refuse to admit it. In this case, I find her actions like that of 99% of the human race. And it's closer to 100% for politicians who know that many are waiting, like circling sharks, to attack at the slightest sign of admitting a mistake which will be taken as weakness. Some, maybe a few, finally realize that the "coverup is worse than the crime".

Shaul

Premium Member
There were more, of course. Jim Jones' connections with Feinstein go much beyond the ones I mentioned. This isn't any news. The connections between Jim Jones and the SF politicians are well established. He boasted of how he had influence and he used his Temple members to support local politicians with things such as "rent a crowd", election telephone bank working, fund raising, etcetera. Like any politician Feinstein was more than glad to take support when it was convenient and then disavow the provider when it became inconvenient politically. As she did with Jim Jones. If you don't mind such "regular politician stuff", that's your business. The point is that Jim Jones was a politically savvy, and ultimately evil manipulator. It isn't any slam on Feinstein that she is included among Jim Jones' many duped victims. Others lost much more, up to their very lives. But it doesn't honor Feinstein's memory to attempt to whitewash the truth either. That would actually insult her memory. Her connection with Jim Jones doesn't impugn her nor negate her accomplishments. It was sad, yes, but human. But there is a lesson here for the rest of us. If someone as "people savvy" as Feinstein could be duped or used by the likes of Jim Jones then we should gain from that lesson and be all the more wary against scoundrels such as Jim Jones.