• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deja vu'

Okay...I've had a great number of these. Not just fleeting glimpses, but honest feelings of being somewhere, when I know that I haven't been there before. One time was in Minneapolis, when my family and I were cruising thru one of the local neighborhoods when I had this feeling that I had been their before. We turned the corner and sure enough I recognized not only the neighborhood but one house in particular!! It was like I was looking right at my home back in Nebraska. It was a wonderful and warm feeling. I described this event to some of my friends and some said that Deja vu' is the devils work and one of my friends in particular said that I lived their in a previous lifetime. I'm not sure I agree 100% with either one, but it was a very strong feeling.

Another time was when I was at work. I work maintenance and I was preparing to move some items, when I had the distinct feeling I had done this before, but I had this overwhelming feeling that something wasn't right. And as a matter of fact what I was doing was going to lead to some type of catastrophe. So, I moved the objects in a slightly different way and nothing happened....

Any thoughts??

Matt

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I used to get deja vu all the time and at the time I always thought "I dreamed about this". I don't have deja vu anymore and haven't in about 15 years.

it is caused by your brain processing the information unconciously seconds or even a fraction of a second before you consciously process the information, you have seen it before but only moments before.

Jamais vu is mored disturbing imo.