• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deity of Jesus Christ

Is Jesus Christ God?

• Total voters

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
You are reading into universal salvation what it is not..
It still requires repentance and forgiveness through the Grace of God. In this world or the next.
It is interesting that you jumble Old Testament and new Testament references. The Old Testament refers to the the Jewish Covenant with God. The new is the summation of what those later authors believed.

What did Jesus say at Matthew 12 v 32; Mark 3 v 29; Luke 12 v 10 about this world and the next world? but that whosoever speaks against God's spirit it would Not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. What does Hebrews 6 vs 4-6 also say ?

Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " It is written...." meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures. Jesus based his teachings on his logical reasoning on the Hebrew Scriptures. Before the Exodus the Hebrew Scriptures were Not part of the Constitution of the Mosaic Law contract with the nation of ancient Israel. Genesis is Not part of the Mosaic law. For example: God's everlasting covenants or contracts with Abraham and Noah are permanently on-going.
Unlike other religious books, the Bible is chock full of cross-reference parallel verses and passages thus showing the internal harmony among its many writers.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
What did Jesus say at Matthew 12 v 32; Mark 3 v 29; Luke 12 v 10 about this world and the next world? but that whosoever speaks against God's spirit it would Not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. What does Hebrews 6 vs 4-6 also say ?

Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " It is written...." meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures. Jesus based his teachings on his logical reasoning on the Hebrew Scriptures. Before the Exodus the Hebrew Scriptures were Not part of the Constitution of the Mosaic Law contract with the nation of ancient Israel. Genesis is Not part of the Mosaic law. For example: God's everlasting covenants or contracts with Abraham and Noah are permanently on-going.
Unlike other religious books, the Bible is chock full of cross-reference parallel verses and passages thus showing the internal harmony among its many writers.

Just as we do today those ancient writers used references to previous and accepted scripture and law to give authority to their writings.
just as today they used the greatest authorities they could.

use of such references is more a crutch than in anyway proof of anything at all.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Just as we do today those ancient writers used references to previous and accepted scripture and law to give authority to their writings.
just as today they used the greatest authorities they could.
use of such references is more a crutch than in anyway proof of anything at all.

So, on the ^above ^ basis such references [ to the old Hebrew Scriptures ] was more a crutch for Jesus than in anyway proof of anything at all that Jesus taught ?
Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words," It is written " even when refuting Satan.
See Luke 4: 4,8,10,12; 24:46

What book did Jesus read from at Luke 4:16 B ?________

It was Jesus through knowledge [ well educated ] of Scripture [ sword of the spirit ] which gave Jesus, Not a crutch, but confidence as a well-wielded spiritual weapon against ignorance of Scripture. Jesus' biblical education supported his teachings via cross parallel references to the old Hebrew Scriptures which Jesus was well acquainted with them even by age 12. - Luke 3:42

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
So, on the ^above ^ basis such references [ to the old Hebrew Scriptures ] was more a crutch for Jesus than in anyway proof of anything at all that Jesus taught ?
Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words," It is written " even when refuting Satan.
See Luke 4: 4,8,10,12; 24:46

What book did Jesus read from at Luke 4:16 B ?________

It was Jesus through knowledge [ well educated ] of Scripture [ sword of the spirit ] which gave Jesus, Not a crutch, but confidence as a well-wielded spiritual weapon against ignorance of Scripture. Jesus' biblical education supported his teachings via cross parallel references to the old Hebrew Scriptures which Jesus was well acquainted with them even by age 12. - Luke 3:42

Scripture is not proof of anything other than its own existence.
the trust we put in it, is in proportion to its perceived authority.
That we might find it authoritative does not mean that any one else will.

It might be wondered in what way hebrew scripture is superior to the direct communication that Jesus had with God.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Scripture is not proof of anything other than its own existence.
the trust we put in it, is in proportion to its perceived authority.
That we might find it authoritative does not mean that any one else will.
It might be wondered in what way Hebrew scripture is superior to the direct communication that Jesus had with God.

Since ALL Scripture is inspired by God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 - then that is how God now communicates with fallen mankind.
Whereas, Jesus was sinless, so like sinless Adam they had direct communication with God.
Since sin separates us then we need a go-between between God and us.
Sinless Jesus proves to the Mediator for us between God and man. - 1 Timothy 2:5
By the end of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, mankind then will once again have that precious one-on-one direct communication as sinless Jesus has.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Since ALL Scripture is inspired by God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17 - then that is how God now communicates with fallen mankind.
Whereas, Jesus was sinless, so like sinless Adam they had direct communication with God.
Since sin separates us then we need a go-between between God and us.
Sinless Jesus proves to the Mediator for us between God and man. - 1 Timothy 2:5
By the end of Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, mankind then will once again have that precious one-on-one direct communication as sinless Jesus has.

To quote Timothy, as if quoting something written in the Bible, or anywhere else, can prove its own veracity
is extremely bad logic.
That basic fallacy establishes nothing, and anything based on it also fails.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
To quote Timothy, as if quoting something written in the Bible, or anywhere else, can prove its own veracity
is extremely bad logic.
That basic fallacy establishes nothing, and anything based on it also fails.

On the ^ above ^ line of reasoning then Jesus failed because Jesus based his teachings by his logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " It is written......" meaning already recorded in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Since the Bible is Not written ABC order as a dictionary is, then the Bible can be researched or studied by subject or topic arrangement.
By taking one subject or topic at a time establishes the internal harmony among the many Bible writers by the many cross-reference verses and passages throughout Scripture.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
On the ^ above ^ line of reasoning then Jesus failed because Jesus based his teachings by his logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " It is written......" meaning already recorded in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Since the Bible is Not written ABC order as a dictionary is, then the Bible can be researched or studied by subject or topic arrangement.
By taking one subject or topic at a time establishes the internal harmony among the many Bible writers by the many cross-reference verses and passages throughout Scripture.

Jesus did indeed refer to previous scripture, he also gave it new meaning. And extended what it taught to a wider audience. That he did so for some passages and not many others, does not suggest that he endorsed all jewish scripture nor that his selections had an over riding importance. However they were apt to the occasions.
The jewish Bible is made up of Histories, laws, Poetry and early religious fables. Not much of it can be taken literally, or as exact truth. However most ,as Jesus demonstrated, is useful for instruction and as examples.

The teachings of Jesus that survive, are to be found in the four gospels, later events and subsiquent teachings of Paul and the Apostles are to be found in the remainder of the new Testament. Virtually nothing was recorded directy in his own words during his lifetime.
As far as I am aware no complete hebrew Bible of Jesus time exists and the Jews and the Christian church rely on a later Greek transcript as their original.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Bible has many enemies from without and within. If God's protection was Not on His Word - Psalms 119:105 - it would Not have survived up to our day or time frame.

Araceli Cianna

He is not God Almighty.

But he is divine. I view all spirit beings as divine because they exist in Gods form and are supernatural.

Jesus is likewise a supernatural divine being.

For me Personally, I see Jesus as a Demigod and Co-Savior.

I second these, Jesus is not God but rather the Son of God, which makes him divine, and I also believe Mary his mother is an incarnation of the Divine Mother. So both are demi-Gods. But there is only one true God (i.e. The Father).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I second these, Jesus is not God but rather the Son of God, which makes him divine, and I also believe Mary his mother is an incarnation of the Divine Mother. So both are demi-Gods. But there is only one true God (i.e. The Father).

Interesting post ^ above ^ but I am curious who is the Divine Mother of which you mentioned ?
As with the rest of us, Mary was imperfect or she would not have died - Romans 5:12; Romans 3:23
'Death' is the price tag that sin pays - Romans 6:23; Romans 6:7
Galatians 4:26 mentions that 'Jerusalem above', Not Mary etc, is now 'mother'.

Araceli Cianna

Divine Mother is Sophia(there is plenty on her in the Wisdom books, she is literally described as being the mother of all and one and the same with the Holy Spirit which is actually female in the original Hebrew)

I do not believe Mary was imperfect. She was born sinless and ascended into heaven in bodily form, just as Jesus did and just as a couple of the Old Testament prophets did.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Divine Mother is Sophia(there is plenty on her in the Wisdom books, she is literally described as being the mother of all and one and the same with the Holy Spirit which is actually female in the original Hebrew)
I do not believe Mary was imperfect. She was born sinless and ascended into heaven in bodily form, just as Jesus did and just as a couple of the Old Testament prophets did.

What OT prophets did ?
After God resurrected Jesus back in his spirit body, then after he was resurrected Jesus used materialized bodies in order to be recognized.

If Adam had remained sinless, wouldn't sinless Adam be alive on Earth today ? ______
Since only sinners die, then wouldn't a sinless Mary still be alive on Earth today ? ______

Please post the scriptures that say Mary was born sinless and ascended into heaven in bodily form ?

Doesn't 1 Corinthians 15:50 say ' flesh ' ( bodily ) can Not inherit the kingdom ? _____
Who is sinless according to Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12 ?_______

bitehoney

:)

Yes absolutely - I agree with others here - that the trinity doctrine is against Gods word.

Why would someone who is not God Himself be honestly claiming to be someday sitting " IN " the very throne of God ? Satan has made this claim and attempted to sitin the throne of God.

Either Yahoshua is lying and will never sit " IN " the throne of God - or He is God in the flesh as the Bible says.

We see that the Trinity Doctrine limits the Deity Of Yahoshua and seeks to deny the Biblical Manuscripts that say clearly in Php 2:6 that Yaahoshua, the Anointing, was in the form / morph of God, thought it not robbery or seizing, taking (by force) to be or to exist as equal to God. - But a vain, non-effect reputation, himself, taking or receiving the form / morph of a servant, was made in the likeness of men:

To the idea that Yahoshua is " ANOTHER "PLURAL / SECOND PERSON / PERSONS - OF " THE THREE HEADS OF GOD. "

If each PERSON of The Trinity is each, a single individual HEAD, OF THE SINGLE Trinitarian { three-headed } GOD - How is - the totality of all of the fullness of the divinity of The Father (God) Physically - in Yahoshua, - who is also the - HEAD of all principalities and powers. ?

The Bible describes Yahoshua as The Fullness Of The IDENTITY of GOD which is inhabited / dwelling in Him. In

Remember - Col 2:9, ? - Col 2:9 the manuscripts use a different word called “ theote¯s “ as the Trinitarian Translators use the word " Godhead "" saying - " For in Him, dwelleth all the fullness of the " Godhead " But this Greek word " theote¯s " has nothing to do with a Head Of God - or a God’s HEAD - - but simply means -- " theote¯s “ = THE IDENTITY - GOD- HOOD - GOD TURE – or THE GOD CHARACTER OF GOD "

The Greek word G2320 θεο´της - “ theote¯s “ / theh-ot'-ace means " theote¯s = THE IDENTITY - GOD -HOOD - GOD TURE -

THE GOD CHARACTER OF GOD " - it has nothing to do with the word " GOD - HEAD "

Theote¯s ” has nothing whatsoever to do with the idea of a " HEAD " - The Greek word for Head is G2776 - κεφαλη´ - kephale¯ / kef-al-ay' = Meaning The head / - head. I But here- Col 2:9, in the manuscripts - it says that in Him, dwelleth all the fullness of the “ Theote¯s ” = THE IDENTITY - GOD - HOOD - GOD CHARACTER / GOD TURE - THE GOD CHARACTER OF GOD " physically.

theote¯s - this word is not head - in relation to plural Trinitarian heads or " Heads Of God or God’s Heads " or The Head Of God. It has nothing to do with the word " HEAD " - yet the trinitarian translators added and changed this word to say " GOD HEAD "

If Yahoshua will be sitting " IN " the throne of the father - Where will the father sit in Heaven. Yahoshua said ' I WILL SIT IN THE THRONE OF MY FAThER ' - This is why Yahoshua said that * " If You have seen Me - You have seen the Father.
Because the manuscripts explain - He came from the bosom of the Father and The Father - GOD - took on the FORM / MORPH / MANIFESTATION of flesh / man - to reconcile the world unto Himself - By shedding Gods very own precious blood.

Does not all historical evidence of the early church - show the original Church was baptizing in the Name Of The Lord, Yahoshua, The Anointing. ? ?

whirlingmerc

Is Jesus Christ divine?

This might seem like something all Christians would answer "Yes" to, but certain Unitarian and other non-Nicene Christians, such as myself, would respond otherwise.

So, here goes a poll.

Interestingly Psalm 68 is about the ark which represents God and in Ephesians
that Psalm is used as talking about Jesus

Sounds like one of many reasons Jesus is divine

Another reason being the titles of God like Lord of Lords, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End
etc... from the Old testament and applied to Jesus in the New

The Super Epic Psalms book 5 ( coming home, Psalms 107, 109, 118, 11…