• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Definition of Left Hand Path

Here is the fundamental notion as far as I know it to be...LHP focuses on the Human Ego or what is often referred to as the lower ego. The RHP will focus on the higher self or Divine Ego.

Hope this helps...

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Here is the fundamental notion as far as I know it to be...LHP focuses on the Human Ego or what is often referred to as the lower ego. The RHP will focus on the higher self or Divine Ego.

Hope this helps...

It helps in so far as it confuses.:areyoucra The LHP focuses on the Higher Self and seeks to bring it into complete manifestation and perpetual remanifestation. Whereas, the RHP seeks to subjugate the self completely, in favor of the will of some higher being whether it be a father god or mother goddess. So for most of us Setians and Satanists here your definition of the two paths is essentially incorrect.

Xeper em Ma'at.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I do not think Autotheism is entirely a requirement - but that also depends on how much of a strict label of "god" you're defining yourself as.

It helps in so far as it confuses.:areyoucra The LHP focuses on the Higher Self and seeks to bring it into complete manifestation and perpetual remanifestation. Whereas, the RHP seeks to subjugate the self completely, in favor of the will of some higher being whether it be a father god or mother goddess. So for most of us Setians and Satanists here your definition of the two paths is essentially incorrect.

Xeper em Ma'at.
/Adramelek\
Gnothi seauton!

Of course from the point of view of the believer/follower/disciple (which ever word you choose to use) he/she is in pursuit of a higher level of being (higher self) across the board. In my previous post I may have not been explicit enough in describing my point of view which is more theological / philosophical in nature as opposed to practical. It had occurred to me that my description of the human ego may have been taken as denigration toward the LHP. I assure you this could not be further from the truth. Simply stated, the human ego in comparison to the divine ego has a lower vibratory resonance hence the descriptive name often referred to.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
RHP is the path of atonement with the Natural Ordering of the Universe - the LHP is the isolation from that Natural Ordering.

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
Those on the LHP seek to loosen the bonds of conformity, societal expectations and "forbiddens" (ie- the expectations and taboos of others) within their own selves. Those on the LHP find value in the purposeful deconstructing and reconstructing of their own 'reality' mind sets. Those on the LHP tend to be very self experimental. They experiment with subjective reality. They are neither afraid or ashamed to "as if" with purpose. (as it is something we all (must) do anyway)

Last edited:

Kemble

NIX, it sounds like you are defining a senior undergrad art student. So is the LHP a new name for artists?