• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Definition for Kosher eating?

Riders

My sister says its just not eating pork and fish that is bad, chicken fish and turkey only. That's what her Messianic church teaches her.

I talked to 2 different active Jewish men who go to Synagogue that I dated about it. The y said no its wrong. They said Kosher eating entails spending a lot of money on high priced seasonings that go on the meat. Its really too expensive for some people and only a small amount of grocery stores have them.

They also cut up the meat a certain way and that's at only special grocery stores too and expensive.

Then you have to have several sets of plates and bowls and silverware. You have to serve everything on different plates. You have to use a different plate for milks and cheese, one for meat, one for bread and so on.

My sisters church says no that's ritualistic, its bondage its the old law we don't have to go by that. So what is your definition of eating Kosher.

roberto

My sister says its just not eating pork and fish that is bad, chicken fish and turkey only. That's what her Messianic church teaches her.

I talked to 2 different active Jewish men who go to Synagogue that I dated about it. The y said no its wrong. They said Kosher eating entails spending a lot of money on high priced seasonings that go on the meat. Its really too expensive for some people and only a small amount of grocery stores have them.

They also cut up the meat a certain way and that's at only special grocery stores too and expensive.

Then you have to have several sets of plates and bowls and silverware. You have to serve everything on different plates. You have to use a different plate for milks and cheese, one for meat, one for bread and so on.

My sisters church says no that's ritualistic, its bondage its the old law we don't have to go by that. So what is your definition of eating Kosher.

Lev 11:1 The LORD spoke to Moses and to Aaron, saying to them,
Lev 11:2 “Speak to the children of Israel, saying, ‘These are the living things which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth............................>>

Read Leviticus in your bible.