• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Defeated Bolsonaro Flees to Mar A Lago. Supporters Attack Brazilian Congress and Presidential Palace

Wandering Monk

Fascists are on the move globally. Seems like they took their lesson from the January 6 insurrectionists.

So Trump and Bolsonaro, birds of a feather, are hunkering down together in Florida. I wonder if they are communicating with their minions on the next steps for overthrowing democracies in their respective nations.

We Never Know

No Slack
Fascists are on the move globally. Seems like they took their lesson from the January 6 insurrectionists.

So Trump and Bolsonaro, birds of a feather, are hunkering down together in Florida. I wonder if they are communicating with their minions on the next steps for overthrowing democracies in their respective nations.

This one says he is staying in the home of a MMA fighter.

"In a distinctly Floridian move, Bolsonaro is said to be staying in the home of an MMA fighter, and plans to be there for “at least a month.”

https://news-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproje...lsonaro-flees-brazil-hide-home-193611922.html

Wandering Monk

I took your commen of ..."So Trump and Bolsonaro, birds of a feather, are hunkering down together in Florida" as he was staying with Trump.

Yeah, well..why was Mar A Lago the first place he visited? In most respects, he and Orange Jesus are fellow travelers.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I wonder how much Trump is charging him. My guess would be whatever is mssing from the Brazilian treasury.

Shaul

Premium Member
Meanwhile a convicted felon is running Brazil. Leftists love to ignore that Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva is a convicted felon. For them some felons are ok.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Meanwhile a convicted felon is running Brazil. Leftists love to ignore that Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva is a convicted felon. For them some felons are ok.
No, he is not a convicted felon. You are using poor sources again. He was convicted. but that trial looks to have been rather crooked to say that least And later the case was annulled. And that annulment was upheld by Brazil's Supreme Court. That means that he was in fact never convicted. You can read more here:

Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva - Wikipedia

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Total BS his conviction was overturned on appeal by the Supreme Court, the charges were trumped up anyway, you should be worried about the convicted felons running Israel, and the accused felon Prime Minister, one member of his cabinet did time in prison for supporting terrorism, he was convicted, the conviction was never overturned

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
His policies are good, we'll just have to watch for his hand in the till. I expect he'll behave, though. Once bitten, twice shy.
Bolsonaro, on the other hand, is a sure thing and true believer. If reïnstated he WILL continue his exploitative and destuctive policies.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Really? Have they set a date?

Shaul

Premium Member
Total BS his conviction was overturned on appeal by the Supreme Court, the charges were trumped up anyway, you should be worried about the convicted felons running Israel, and the accused felon Prime Minister, one member of his cabinet did time in prison for supporting terrorism, he was convicted, the conviction was never overturned
You make my point. A Leftist totally downplaying the actual felon conviction of Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva but pearl clutching over others who have never even been convicted of anything.

Shaul

Premium Member
His policies are good, we'll just have to watch for his hand in the till. I expect he'll behave, though. Once bitten, twice shy.
Bolsonaro, on the other hand, is a sure thing and true believer. If reïnstated he WILL continue his exploitative and destuctive policies.
So you are on record that a felony conviction does not disqualify someone from being President. DJT is smiling.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
You make my point. A Leftist totally downplaying the actual felon conviction of Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva but pearl clutching over others who have never even been convicted of anything.
thats a flat out lie, you know full well about the convictions and jail terms of members of the Israeli cabinet, you must think we're stupid or gullible or something

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That was not leftist. Did you not read my post? Did you not read the link that I provided that explained how the courts annulled his conviction? There appeared to have been a conspiracy between judge and prosecutor. Tapes of them discussing how they were going to get Silva convicted were released. The Supreme Court of Brazil agreed 9-3 with the annulment. That means that the original conviction went bye bye. The conviction was just a lie.