• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death Rituals

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All our pets are cremated and their ashes placed in memory flower pots.

When I croak my Missus will call a company which collects my remains from wherever and droves them to the crematorium, then collects the ashes and returns them to my Missus in a pot. (£1000)

I've told her repeatedly 'I'm not going in a bloody flower pot!' but I still have concerns about that. Everything goes in a flower pot which a small brass plaque above.

Wei-Ling, much loved. Bashe, cuddly darling. OldBadger, Old Barsteward.
*shrieks*

I wanna be scattered over the foreshore with a beloved little dachshund, preferably after we've both croaked.
I once liked cremation, but no more....not green enuf.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When we lived in the UK we kept goat, duck, geese, chicken, cats and a dog. We had a special place for them in the orchid.

Now with only a relatively small courtyard and far fewer animals we have our deceased little loved ones cremated and bury the remainds alongside their favorite plant/bush.

As for ourselves we donate the good bits to whoever needs them, the rest to be burned. In France the laws on how to dispose of dead people is very strict. Only in a designated cemetery so my wish to be scattered in the forest is out. But we have already reserved a niche in the cemetery wall with the forest behind and a wonderful view over the village and valley... one needs a good view when you are dead
Very backward country, eh.
But could you emigrate post combustion?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Burial at sea would be good. They started doing that in HK, ashes only though.
Should start doing it NYC style, cement
shoes.
Concrete (which uses the cement plus aggregate)
also isn't green....very energy intensive to make.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have those huge recycle bins you place at the road when full with rubbish. I easily fit in those 200 liter bins. I crawl in 1 minute before I die.
I've heard of people who plan to be partially buried
with only their derriere sticking out for a bicycle rack.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I've heard of people who plan to be partially buried
with only their derriere sticking out for a bicycle rack.
I heard that too, but that pertains ONLY to people who exceed the 200 liter limit, I was told. Not so many

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I bury cats in my flower gardens.
I bury dogs in the woods.
When she was 8, Mrs Revolt (not yet Mrs Revolt) buried her pet
goldfish with some scallions. (She doesn't recall why the garnish.)
When we croak, we're both giving our empty husks to the U of Mich
for research or whatever practical jokes med students play.
Otherwise, I'd want to be composted (the greenest option).

What are your ways?

Despite having lost pets in the past, I have yet to have to deal with it personally, as I was young. Seems like we cremated them I think.

I've mentioned this in a few other threads, but I personally want to be buried underneath a tree. Preferably Oak or Pine.

Capsula Mundi - The biodegradable urn to become a tree after death

Edit: Speaking of strange death rituals, here's one for you. Sokushinbutsu - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member