• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Woman: A Manifesto for Conscious Men

Galen.Iksnudnard

[youtube]K_uRIMUBnvw[/youtube]
Dear Woman - YouTube

I came across this video a while ago, and found it profoundly healing on many spiritual and intellectual levels.

I think all men need to watch this video. It's not any secret that male-dominated societies have subjected women to thousands of years of shabby treatment, including burning them at the stake, prostitution, rape, genital mutilation, political and economic inequality and relegating them to subservience in the family.

As men we can do our part to build a better tomorrow, a more egalitarian tomorrow, and a fairer future for our children regardless of gender.

Zanuku

I am aware women have been subjugated for thousands of years.
But please note that there's no point groveling in the mud pools of the past few centuries and there's no point trying to build a better now or tommorow, what we need to do is at least try to reshape our culture, may it take decades or hundreds of years, to make sure that those things never happen again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This video seems weepy eyed touchy feely phony guilt ridden new agey steaming fetid pile of septic sublithic coprolites.
No man is guilty for the independent actions of another, especially in a prior time.

Here's a better manifesto:
Grow a pair.
Do what is right.
Don't wallow in what someone else did.
And don't burn your bacon.

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
No man is guilty for the independent actions of another, especially in a prior time.

Our critics would see it as different. Apparently, you and I are responsible for the deaths of millions of women during the post-release of the Malleus Maleficarum.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3477617 said:
Our critics would see it as different. Apparently, you and I are responsible for the deaths of millions of women during the post-release of the Malleus Maleficarum.
These critics can go take a flying boink at a rolling donut.

Zanuku

मैत्रावरुणिः;3477617 said:

But if that is true aren't they in turn also responsible for the horrors their ancestors committed? :sarcastic

Koldo

Outstanding Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3477643 said:
On this video? or, in this video?

Hmm....
Whatever makes the most sense. :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A revolting ode celebrating the limerick's power to degrade sniveling little sheep

I watched this smarmy video
reacting by exclaiming, oh!
These wimpy men
are dumb, but then
occurred the thought that this is Poe!

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3477654 said:
Hey, no pentameters, no iambics, no form of any meter, none of that, none, zilch, nada....is allowed!
I know, I know..but staff have granted me an exception to
use this most fell weapon when the situation demands it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3477668 said:
Hey, at least give me props for being able to actually dissect your structure. If you go back to post #11, you will notice that I posted it before you made the edit on your post (which would be post #10).
I make so many mistakes that I must edit after posting.
It also drives Magic Man nuts (aka mball). That is a good thing.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I make so many mistakes that I must edit after posting.

You didn't make any mistakes. I meant that you had just the stanza up.

When you re-edited your post, you mentioned a little hint that it would be something poetic.

I was just saying that I figured it out before you even made that edit, as my post #11 shows, which was posted a minute before you made your edit.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I watched this smarmy video
reacting by exclaiming, oh!
These wimpy men
are dumb, but then
occurred the thought that this is Poe!

You originally posted just the above. But, then you added the following after I made the post about noticing you using a meter:

A revolting ode celebrating the limerick's power to degrade sniveling little sheep

In the above edit, you clearly state "ode". In your original, pre-edit post, the above statement was not there. I figured out that your post was metric before you even made the above edit. Thus, I said that I deserve some credit for at least being able to notice your writing (and let's face it, the majority of posters on RF would not have noticed it). ;)

Aquitaine

I watched about 10 seconds of it, and listening to the music - I'm not sure I'd e able to stomach the rest of it. I think I know where this video is going.....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3477676 said:
In the above edit, you clearly state "ode". In your original, pre-edit post, the above statement was not there. I figured out that your post was metric before you even made the above edit. Thus, I said that I deserve some credit for at least being able to notice your writing (and let's face it, the majority of posters on RF would not have noticed it). ;)
You're still entitled to your gold star!