• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dating Christians

Non-Christians, would you ever date a Christian?

• No, under no circumstances would I date a Christian.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Yes, but only if I knew that the Christian was tolerant of non-Christians.

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Yes, even if the Christian was intolerant of non-Christians. I like a challenge.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yes, but I would try to deconvert the Christian.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only for the night of hot sex. Bonus points if she wears a Catholic school girl uniform.

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Yes, just to get into a polite philosophical discussion.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and we offer this Christian to Great Cthulhu, the Ever-Hungry.

• I am a Christian already.

• Total voters

robtex

Veteran Member
I have dated Christians in the past, and been close friends with some Christians for many years. As long as we can respect each other's beliefs (and they're not prejudice against homosexuals - that's a deal-breaker) we'll get along fine.

were on the same page on this one. Christians that are anti-homosexual annoy me to no end. Other than that I am comfortable dating Christians. I also tell them up front I am an atheist so they won't think I hid my non-belief from them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have nothing against Christians, but now that you mention it, I don't recall ever having dated more than one or two Christians. Don't know why not. :shrug:

Isabella Lecour

I voted no. Even when I was a Christian, those that I dated were most of the huge disapointments in my life. In fact I married a non Christian, and speaking of married....I still wouldn't date a Christian...they'd have to be the backsliding...lapsed kind of Christian before I'd even date one. ;)

morning-star

Light Bearer
depends on the person sometimes I can get along with christians sometimes I don't...though I normally wouldn't date a christian because I find it's not just the faith that is different from mine it's normally everything else as well.

Smoke

Done here.
My husband is a Christian, but he doesn't go to church except on rare occasions, and he's willing to go to meeting with me if I decide to go.

He usually invites me to go to church with him on the rare occasions he goes, but he doesn't expect me to. His family is Baptist and Pentecostal. I've gone to one Baptist service with him, when he really wanted me to go; it was for Easter and his grandmother requested it. I told him it would take a wedding or a funeral to get me into a Pentecostal church.

I'd have a huge problem if he were always trying to drag me to church or get me saved, and I wouldn't be in a relationship with a person like that.

Our problem is the opposite one: He believes in all sorts of things I don't believe in -- Christianity, ghosts, aliens, supernatural healing, people who communicate with the dead, etc. I think he's sometimes reluctant to express what he thinks because he knows I don't really take those beliefs seriously. On the other hand, he seems to have more problems with organized religion than with my skepticism, and he's often dismissive of many aspects of Christian belief himself. And he just loves the fact that I know the Bible better than any of his Christian relatives do.

Nanda

Polyanna
were on the same page on this one. Christians that are anti-homosexual annoy me to no end.

It's also a matter of not dating someone who would hate my friends. If the person I were seeing had a serious problem with homosexuals, dinner parties would be really awkward...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The girl I'm 'dating' right now is somewhat Christian. I already got a massive start of the corruption part after just two weeks.:D