• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Darwinism - Richard Dawkins Interviews Creationist Wendy Wright

Photonic

Ad astra!
Lol, Dawkins pretty much just goes around tromping on creationists.

It helps that he is one of the greatest evolutionary biologists and has pioneered in evolution for years.

"Haha, more like Wendy Wrong!

Photonic

Ad astra!
Here he is with someone in his league.
[youtube]BoncJBrrdQ8[/youtube]
Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design - YouTube

Let me tell you a little bit about the move Expelled.

It's been refuted as propaganda and use of HIGHLY edited clips for the express purpose of supporting the argument. It's basically one big quote mine.

Here you go. This site pretty explains all of it.

Expelled Exposed: Why Expelled Flunks

I find it odd that this particular clip would deny the watchers the ability to rate it. Or comment on it.

Walkntune

You do realize the video is edited to make Dawkins look bad, don't you? I mean, if you don't know how infamous that video is for having been edited, then why don't you know?
Never saw the movie.Personally don't care about any of the propaganda. Even peer reviewed can be bought!

outhouse

Atheistically
Never saw the movie.Personally don't care about any of the propaganda. Even peer reviewed can be bought!

its known ben stein edited that to make him look bad.

in the end the only thing a creationist can do is pick on evolution, lie, quote mine and other acts of severe desperation because they have bothing of their own they can work on. Problem is evolution advances daily and never looks back as it moves foward. Its taught in every major university around the world as higher education while creation is outlawed in public schools.

Creationist have no hypothesis, they have no science, all they have is myth to draw on.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Here he is with someone in his league.
huh???
In what way is Ben Stein in the same league with Richard Dawkins? You may not personally like Dawkins, and he definitely has his faults, but Richard Dawkins is one of the leading minds in evolutionary biology. Ben Stein on the other hand displays his considerable ignorance of biology and of science in general every time he opens his mouth. I grant that Stein may have some expertise in the field of American politics, (particularly those of the 60’s and 70’s). But when it comes to science his understanding is well below average. He may be in the same league with Wendy Wright, but nowhere close to Dawkins. (or any scientist for that matter)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Personally don't care about any of the propaganda.
Yet you present a video that is not only edited, but known around the world to be edited in a manner consistent with dishonest creationist tactics.

Seems to me you care about the propaganda much more than you want to admit.

cablescavenger

I enjoyed the video immensely.

I have seen Dawkins in direct debate with creationists a few times, and I have to say I was impressed with Wendy, as an adversary, she probably put up better arguments than those I have seen before her, though I felt she was getting a little repetitive towards the end of the debate, she did not rely on scripture or words from the Bible, but argued more from an ethical stance, which I think added to her credibility.

She made some good points on how condescending Richard could be; enjoyable as it is to watch, it probably isn't conducive to good dialogue; she also gave me more insight in to the creationists views than I had previously held.

I also enjoyed watching Dawkins telling her about evolution; you could see his face light up, and could really see where his heart was. I believe he genuinely wanted her to appreciate it for herself, and for a moment, you would not have known he was in a debate.

It left me in no doubt that education is at the heart of his drive to end the muddying of the waters where evolution is concerned.

Photonic

Ad astra!
I enjoyed the video immensely.

I have seen Dawkins in direct debate with creationists a few times, and I have to say I was impressed with Wendy, as an adversary, she probably put up better arguments than those I have seen before her, though I felt she was getting a little repetitive towards the end of the debate, she did not rely on scripture or words from the Bible, but argued more from an ethical stance, which I think added to her credibility.

She made some good points on how condescending Richard could be; enjoyable as it is to watch, it probably isn't conducive to good dialogue; she also gave me more insight in to the creationists views than I had previously held.

I also enjoyed watching Dawkins telling her about evolution; you could see his face light up, and could really see where his heart was. I believe he genuinely wanted her to appreciate it for herself, and for a moment, you would not have known he was in a debate.

It left me in no doubt that education is at the heart of his drive to end the muddying of the waters where evolution is concerned.

She sickens me personally. Might as well say that everyone should be able to comment on medical issues.

Matthew78

aspiring biblical scholar
Watched some more. She really is bad at this.

"Show me the bones, show me the evidence."

Ironic.

That's something I expect an uneducated Christian would say in response to someone saying there's no evidence that Jesus rose from the dead; he died and his body rotted in the grave.

PennyKay

Physicist
She doesn't make any good points at all I dont think. I think the points she does make are misguided at best.

She keeps reiterating how all humans deserve respect, but if you go onto her website (Concerned Women for America) you will see how her group are homophobic and have tried to get gay marriage in America stopped. I don't call that respecting people. She doesn't believe people should have the freedom to have abortion in America amongst many other things.

I don't care who believes in what God, that doesn't bother me. But she and people like her have no right to tell other people how they should live their lives, who they can and cant sleep with, who they can fall in love with or what they can do with their own bodies.

It's really important to remember that the morals and ethics that were considered right 2000 years ago, may not be considered right now. We live in a different society with different values and people's religious beliefs should not affect the politics/education in any way.

She clearly has no idea what science actually is or what evidence is. Religious people DO NOT have the monopoly on morality.