• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damnd if you do and damnd if you don't

esmith

Veteran Member
Romney and Ryan skip a political rally to tour, with Governor Jindal, the damage caused by Issac. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid then opens his mouth and makes a derogatory comment about it. Of course if Romney and Ryan had not gone good old Harry Reid with have a comment about that. Guess Reid has to get in the jabs when he can. President Obama will tour the area Monday.

The uncivil Harry Reid

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Romney and Ryan skip a political rally to tour, with Governor Jindal, the damage caused by Issac. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid then opens his mouth and makes a derogatory comment about it. Of course if Romney and Ryan had not gone good old Harry Reid with have a comment about that. Guess Reid has to get in the jabs when he can. President Obama will tour the area Monday.

The uncivil Harry Reid

Touring isn't what Reid was commenting about. He was pointing out the disconnect between showing sympathy for disaster victims, but then supporting policies that would slash funding for those victims.

"It is the height of hypocrisy for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan to make a pretense of showing sympathy for the victims of Hurricane Isaac when their policies would leave those affected by this disaster stranded and on their own," Reid said in a statement.

Is this true or not? If Ryan and Romney are among those who don't believe the government should play a roll in aiding those effected by natural disasters, then how is it not relevant to point that out? Yes, people like sympathy cards, but they'd probably prefer help to get their life back in order better.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

The uncivil Harry Reid

I'm not surprised. To me it's not like he really cares. It's election year so of course he's going down there...

Senate Democrats Tie Romney Gulf Coast Visit to Ryan’s Proposed Cuts to Disaster Relief | FDL News Desk

esmith

Veteran Member
esmith is posting non-stop. Someone is worried.

Yep, been asleep for almost the past 4 years,woke up and wondered what happened to the country. Did some research and found the problem was the current administration. Heard Mr Eastwood say "We Own This Country" so thought I would give the Republican Party a hand educating the ones that helped get this country into this mess, I guess they call them kool-aid drinkers.:D:D:D:D:D

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Yep, been asleep for almost the past 4 years,woke up and wondered what happened to the country. Did some research and found the problem was the current administration. Heard Mr Eastwood say "We Own This Country" so thought I would give the Republican Party a hand educating the ones that helped get this country into this mess, I guess they call them kool-aid drinkers.:D:D:D:D:D
So, you're preaching to the choir?

Alceste

Vagabond

If you think the republicans are going to fix these problems, you've been asleep for twelve years, not four.

esmith

Veteran Member
If you think the republicans are going to fix these problems, you've been asleep for twelve years, not four.
Right back at you....If you think the policies of the past 4 years continued into the next 4 years is going to change things....the quote that best says this is "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity":D.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Both parties have caused problems for the country. The fact that the President doesn't have supreme power, but that there is a serious of checks and balances should show most that both parties are responsible for where we are.

These problems are much older than 4 years (and really, in the last four years we have seen some great strides forward). They are older than 12 years. They are older than 16 or even 20 years. Each administration gets stuck with the problems of the previous. That is just how it goes.

Alceste

Vagabond
Right back at you....If you think the policies of the past 4 years continued into the next 4 years is going to change things....the quote that best says this is "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity":D.

Obama is doing all the same things Bush was doing - costly foreign adventurism, spying on citizens, secrecy, persecution of whistle blowers, tax cuts for the rich, inaction on climate change and financial regulation, tax-funded bail-outs for failing private corporations... yes, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity. So is looking at two identical authoritarian capitalist administrations who simply take turns furthering the exact same fiscal, domestic and foreign policy agendas and shrieking that one of them is responsible for the whole mess you're in and the other can save you.

The only difference between the Republicans and the Democrats is that the Republicans want to waste even more money on tax cuts for the super-rich, and they hate sex.

Alceste

Vagabond
That does it - I'm voting for Obama!

Well, I suppose you gotta take what you can get. :D Might as well vote for the party who wants to let you control your own reproduction, and is slightly more likely to collect enough revenue for the government to almost function, if that's the only difference.