• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily prair

Steinninn

Viking
Hi.
Can you give me some advice on how to get used to the manditory prairs? Wich one do you select out of the three?

And what about the 52 prairs. I heard there is a necles I can buy. Can I buy it online?

arthra

Baha'i
Yes you have a choice each day to say one of the three obligatory prayers... Follow the directions each one has that are preliminary...

Bahá'í Reference Library - Bahá’í Prayers: A Selection of Prayers Revealed by Bahá’u’lláh, the Báb, and ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Pages 3-4

Reciting the Greatest Name or "Allah'u'Abha" God is Glorius, is also now practised by Baha'is daily.. perform ablutions before hand washing face and hands. You can use the joints and tips of your fingers to keep count (there are nineteen joints and tips of fingers on one hand and the other hand can be used to keep count five times..thus 5X19=95 times. I prefer this method myself as I usually can find both of my hands!

or purchase prayer beads if you wish..

Yes there are Baha'i Prayer Beads on line and there are many to choose from as in:

Custom Prayer Beads

Last edited:

Darz

Hi.
Can you give me some advice on how to get used to the manditory prairs? Wich one do you select out of the three?

The short obligatory prayer is unquestionably the easiest prayer to perform. It only needs to be said once at noon. However, since it is short and easy to perform I feel it does not have the same spiritual impact on me as do the other two prayers.

If you're not used to praying every day at a specific time I'd recommend starting out with the short obligatory prayer. After a little while you can probably memorize it so you won't have to hold unto the prayer book while reading it.

I'd probably mix in the long obligatory prayer once you get used to doing the short prayer. Although it does require you to do prostrations and is much longer than the other two prayers, it is much more spiritually satisfying (at least to me). I find it easiest to say it before I go to bed each night or after I wake up in the morning, since it can be said any time of the day.

I have a hard time praying the medium obligatory prayer since it requires you to wash your hands and face and this is difficult to do if you haven't memorized the prayer and have to repeatedly look at the prayer book. Plus it needs to be said three times throughout the day and you need to be able be in places where you can wash your hands and face.

Hopefully that helps some. :)