• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily Life

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That's like asking a Christian how they find time for church on a Sunday, or a Muslim how they get round to saying their daily prayers. It's just part of life, like cooking and cleaning.

My friend is Catholic. She keeps up with saints days, mass every day, holidays, her personal devotions, fasting, to name a few.

I wasnt trying to be rude. I asked her how she remembers all of that. Of course friends sometimes are nicer. She said she was raised in jewish practices converted to catholicism later in life but its second nature.

I know that. I go by moon cycles, i pray each morning, I have my own holidays, etc. Its exhausting.

If someone asked me that question, Id proba ly say it took some time. When I started I did X and gradually it became part of my life. Or maybe its always been a part of my life.

This is how....

Reflective questions. I dont eat everyday and I find eating, exercing, school, work, leizure exhausting as I get older.

So how do you do all of that? If its hard to explain just say that.

GoodbyeDave

I dont eat everyday and I find eating, exercing, school, work, leizure exhausting as I get older. So how do you do all of that? If its hard to explain just say that.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm always eating, exercising, doing housework, reading, researching, etc and I'd be hard put to explain how. The housework bit is certainly not a case of enthusiasm!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm always eating, exercising, doing housework, reading, researching, etc and I'd be hard put to explain how. The housework bit is certainly not a case of enthusiasm!

Yeah and top that with four kids and no spouse. I still ask my mother how she does it!

Deidre

I try to pray a few times per day. (the ritual of that came from my short exploration into Islam prayer)

Overall, I'd say what I try to do the most of, is to see my ''neighbor'' as I'd like Jesus to see me. To give people a chance, and to see people as Jesus sees them. Not always easy, but if you practice it daily, it can bring you closer to Jesus.