• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curse my lack of social ability

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Woot! Glad to hear it went well! You know it's been a good night if there's surfing on ironing boards :p

Question: Do people in England (and I guess you specifically) acutally USE the word "y'all" in your everyday speech? I've seen people use it on RF, but I'm never sure if it's something people outside of my area actually use.... :confused: :D

Sometimes. It's more of a... it's hard to explain. We tend to use it when we're in a good mood. Like if I woke up and was (inexplicably) happy, I might say, "Mornin' ya'll!" but it's not an everyday kind of thing.

hour 1
<guy 1>.......
<guy 2>.......
<guy 3>.......
<guy 4>.......
hour 5
<guy 1>.......
<guy 2>.......
<guy 3>.......
<guy 4>.......
hour 45
<guy 1>.......
<guy 2>.......
<guy 3>.......
<guy 4>.......
hour 76
<guy 1>.......
<guy 2>.......
<guy 3>.......
<guy 4>.......

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
you could start a support group.

Or a D&D game.

They will just start asking about WOW to find out they knew eachother all along..

"No way, you are thoranorgh? I have a an axe for you that might fit you well."...
(to the owner of the place;"Say, you got a computer I might use?"..) :p

rojse

RF Addict
They will just start asking about WOW to find out they knew eachother all along..

"No way, you are thoranorgh? I have a an axe for you that might fit you well."...
(to the owner of the place;"Say, you got a computer I might use?"..) :p

That's such poor stereotyping - all socially inept people play MMORPG's.

I'm more of an offline RPG gamer myself.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
That's such poor stereotyping - all socially inept people play MMORPG's.

I'm more of an offline RPG gamer myself.
I am not sure if it is purelly stereotyping though. It might get close to avarage, considering a good MMORPG player has less time to get involved in socializing "in real life". To be honest, it was one of the reasons why I quited it myself. (Darn you upcoming the old republic :p )

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I totally feel for you. I have Asperger's, so social skills are not something I'm good at either. I do well if I can plan out a conversation ahead of time, and essentially recite responses that I've already thought out, but spontaneous conversation I'm not good at unless it's something I'm really interested in.