• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationists go to court: School science standards are unconstitutional

Athan

Uh? You're moving the goal posts there.

Which means that I have to use words to "tell" you about my God, but those words are already written, and you can access them yourself. I don't have to write them for you. I don't have to tell you. You can be "told" by easily read science books.
You're trying to tell me that your God is not an actual being. That's as ridiculous as your claim that brainless forces organized the first human being.

I didn't mean it to sound like science itself is my God.
Then why didn't you make that distinction at the outset?

Athan

If you did, this debate couldn't possibly happen.
But it is happening, despite the overwhelming evidence that destroys the spirit in the toenail argument. This is why it's time for me to leave you to your mendacity before one of us gets banned.

philbo

High Priest of Cynicism
But it is happening, despite the overwhelming evidence that destroys the spirit in the toenail argument. This is why it's time for me to leave you to your mendacity before one of us gets banned.
That it is happening means you do not have overwhelming evidence.

As for mendacity - please, point to a single instance of me lying about anything, or apologise.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
You're trying to tell me that your God is not an actual being.
Correct. God is a force.

That's as ridiculous as your claim that brainless forces organized the first human being.
It's only ridiculous to the ignorant.

Then why didn't you make that distinction at the outset?
I didn't. You did. You didn't read what I said but interpreted it the way you wanted to.

You're not worth my time. I won't respond to you anymore.

johnhanks

Three times I've asked Athan to explain the claim he made in post 99 that
atheists are ... all "against" us in terms of how they choose to think and live.
- specifically, to describe what he thinks is the way atheists choose to live, and how this imagined uniform lifestyle is a threat to him; three times he's ducked the question.

In the same post he said
If you are not with the Lord, then you are against him. I suspect all anti-theists hate that kind of thinking because it gives them zero room to obfuscate.
but three times has declined the invitation to elaborate on the "obfuscation" anti-theists (whoever they are) are denied by his binary thinking.

Athan. you are so far making a pretty poor job of defending your position.

Last edited:

TheMusicTheory

Lord of Diminished 5ths
Athan seems much like most christians I know: Unable to fathom the actual intellectual motivations behind non-theists in terms outside of "religion".