• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationism/ID/Virtual Reality is not Metaphysics.

David T

Premium Member
I treat a lot of contemporary dialogs as simply fantasy being treated as facts and that goes way beyond Just Religion. For those not well versed in metaphysics, if you "BELIEVE" that creationism/ID/Virtual Reality is metaphysics you have an extremely serious problem you are arguing with yourself. I'm going to say that's like relying on a witch doctor as your expert, but disagreeing with the diagnosis . So I have to laugh a bit at the "witch doctor" understanding of metaphysics by those who claim all kinds of rationalizing reasons why the witch doctor is wrong. Metaphysics is not easy, the universities pump out PHD Grads yearly and even they know, or maybe some know that it's not as easy as most "witch doctors" would lead you along to "BELEIVE". In antiquity this was clearly known and written about. I do not see that awareness very often today. Today, we know a lot, we understand very little. Some in the ancient world may have known very little but they understood a lot. They had a much much clearer view of nature and a more direct access than we do today.

I will stick to the New Testament closely here John 1:1,2. In the beginning was Nature, Nature was God, Nature is God, he was with Nature in the Beginning. This is not hard reading, but the question becomes why is it hard understanding? I have written the text not as it's literally written but as it was felt as it was written 2,000 years ago. there is an hidden underlying resonance of prosody to the text, which I am able to feel and understand. Creationism/ID/Virtual Realitism has .0000000000001% feel. I might say if you are dependent upon people who only have a .00000000000001% feel for metaphysics you have a very serious personal and cultural problem. What is art?

In regards to the hidden underlying prosody as I stated earlier, I refer to Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah and the song itself as sung by him vs others.