• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creation vs evolution

Faithofchristian

Nope, once again you bear false witness against your neighbor. An inability of you to follow a rather straight forward discussion does not mean that the other person is contradicting himself.

I am beginning to doubt that you are a "true Christian". You may merely be a Poe that is trying to make other Christians look bad.[/

No one has to make other Christians look bad, they do a good job of that themselves.

You haven't a clue who your neighbour is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It appears that Faithofchristian meant to say this:

"No one has to make other Christians look bad, they do a good job of that themselves.

You haven't a clue who your neighbour is."

That first line just about sent my irony meter into orbit.

The second is clearly an error at best.

Looncall

Because no Christian who is a True Christian would not say the bible is unreliable.
That would be contradicting themselves as being a Christian that's why.

Either a person is a Christian or they are not a Christian, There's no in between or riding the fence.

So, since the bible is clearly nonsensical in science matters, you disqualify Christians from participating in discussions that involve science?

Really?

Faithofchristian

So, since the bible is clearly nonsensical in science matters, you disqualify Christians from participating in discussions that involve science?

Really?

How or where do you come by, that the bible is clearly nonsensical in science matters. When you set out to disprove the bible by your evolution theory which yourself or anyone else involves the bible and Christians then that means we as Christians have every right to defend the bible and ourselves. If you do not want the Bible or Christians involved, then don't involve the bible or Christians into it.

Then if your right, that means, that you and others and science are disqualified from participating in discussions that involves the bible. Is this not right ?

Hey it's a two-way street

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The problem is, Those that demonstrated the bible to be unreliable, were not Christians now were they.
Therefore they have no idea or clue or knowledge of understanding, what the Bible does say or confirm's.

All you have is what someone else will say.

Let's say, if someone told you that the sky is actually green, you would believe them on that also and why not, you believe them on anything else.

Just because people will say the bible is unreliable, that doesn't make it unreliable just because people say it is.
All it does do, is show peoples lack of knowledge and understanding what the Bible does support and confirm's.

Well if to what your saying, That the bible is unreliable, how is it that according to the Bible, which you say is unreliable, how is it, that you just fulfilled Prophecy of the bible, which was written a little over 2000 yrs ago.

The bible does say --"But these speak evil of those things which they know not, but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves, How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts"

Now that's amazing, how people like yourself fulfill Prophecy of the bible.
Which you call unreliable.
Now that is amazing.
If the Bible (or anything, for that matter) is reliable, it is reliable to everyone, not just the people who want it to be true.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How or where do you come by, that the bible is clearly nonsensical in science matters. When you set out to disprove the bible by your evolution theory which yourself or anyone else involves the bible and Christians then that means we as Christians have every right to defend the bible and ourselves. If you do not want the Bible or Christians involved, then don't involve the bible or Christians into it.

Then if your right, that means, that you and others and science are disqualified from participating in discussions that involves the bible. Is this not right ?

Hey it's a two-way street

There never was a worldwide flood, Jonah was not swallowed by a fish, or a whale. There never were only two people. And of course the world is not flat.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
What, in the bible, was written by Jesus ?
What, in the bible, was written by God ?
What, in the bible, was written by the apostles ?
What, in the bible, was quoted by monks, of those ?
And then the Pope, and all the kings after him !
The only creation was in the Christian's minds.
And the creation of Adam and Eve, an imagined dream.
Ahhhhh...Moses......what have you done !

Faithofchristian

If the Bible (or anything, for that matter) is reliable, it is reliable to everyone, not just the people who want it to be true.

Not so, not when you have people that say the bible is unreliable. Therefore the bible is not reliable to everyone.

The bible is only reliable to those who believe what is written within the pages of the bible to be true.

Faithofchristian

There never was a worldwide flood, Jonah was not swallowed by a fish, or a whale. There never were only two people. And of course the world is not flat.

Well I want to thank you for just now for proving my point over in another Thread.

That the bible is not reliable to everyone, there are those people like yourself that will say the bible is unreliable.

Therefore the bible is not reliable to everyone, Only to those who believe what is written within the pages of the bible is it reliable to.

Anyway, I'm going to copy what you said here and paste it over in the other Thread just to prove my point, that the bible is not reliable to everyone. Thank you for helping me out on this one.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Not so, not when you have people that say the bible is unreliable. Therefore the bible is not reliable to everyone.
No, it be so. You can say the sky is green all you want, but it's demonstrably not green. That goes for everyone, and doesn't depend on our personal beliefs.
The bible is only reliable to those who believe what is written within the pages of the bible to be true.
That's called confirmation bias. It is an error of inductive reasoning.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well I want to thank you for just now for proving my point over in another Thread.

That the bible is not reliable to everyone, there are those people like yourself that will say the bible is unreliable.

Therefore the bible is not reliable to everyone, Only to those who believe what is written within the pages of the bible is it reliable to.

Anyway, I'm going to copy what you said here and paste it over in the other Thread just to prove my point, that the bible is not reliable to everyone. Thank you for helping me out on this one.

It is not reliable period. Parts of it are clearly mythical. It is not even reliable to you. You keep running away from just one of many questions that tell us that you do not believe all of it either.

By the way, how is proving you wrong helping you? Now if you were able to learn from your errors that would be the case. Sadly you have not owned up to your errors yet.

Faithofchristian

What, in the bible, was written by Jesus ?
What, in the bible, was written by God ?
What, in the bible, was written by the apostles ?
What, in the bible, was quoted by monks, of those ?
And then the Pope, and all the kings after him !
The only creation was in the Christian's minds.
And the creation of Adam and Eve, an imagined dream.
Ahhhhh...Moses......what have you done !

Well all scriptures were given by the inspiration of God. So that means, before the scriptures came to be down here on earth, the scriptures were already written in heaven first. Then God gave to his Holy Prophet's to write them down here on earth.

To answer your question, as for God had written ---"And he ( God) gave unto Moses, when he (God) had made an end of communing ( conversation) with him
( Moses ) upon mount Sinai, two tables of stone, written with the finger of God"
Exodus 31:18.

Therefore the 10 Commandments were written by God Himself.

The book of Acts was written by the Apostles. As was all the New Testaments written by the disciples of Christ. But then the disciples only written what was given to them by the inspiration of God, As to what to write down.

Faithofchristian

No, it be so. You can say the sky is green all you want, but it's demonstrably not green. That goes for everyone, and doesn't depend on our personal beliefs.
That's called confirmation bias. It is an error of inductive reasoning.

Look, what don't you read what I said carefully. I didn't say the sky was green, I said just because someone will say the sky is green, does not make it so.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Look, what don't you read what I said carefully. I didn't say the sky was green, I said just because someone will say the sky is green, does not make it so.
Yes, exactly. Just because a person says a thing is a certain way, doesn't mean it is. So just because you say the Bible is the reliable word of God, doesn't make it so, just because you believe it.

I used the sky colour to illustrate my point about confirmation bias. Perhaps you could address that point.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well all scriptures were given by the inspiration of God. So that means, before the scriptures came to be down here on earth, the scriptures were already written in heaven first. Then God gave to his Holy Prophet's to write them down here on earth.

Inspired does not mean "written in heaven". It does not even mean accurate.

To answer your question, as for God had written ---"And he ( God) gave unto Moses, when he (God) had made an end of communing ( conversation) with him
( Moses ) upon mount Sinai, two tables of stone, written with the finger of God"
Exodus 31:18.

Therefore the 10 Commandments were written by God Himself.

I am betting that you do not even know what the Ten Commandments are. Would you care to test your Bible knowledge? If we do we first need to define the "Ten Commandments". If I said that they are the Ten Commandments, said to be written by God in stone and they are actually called the "Ten Commandments" in the Bible. Does that sound fair to you?

The book of Acts was written by the Apostles. As was all the New Testaments written by the disciples of Christ. But then the disciples only written what was given to them by the inspiration of God, As to what to write down.

No, it is anonymous. Some think that the book of Acts was written by Luke, but he was never an apostle. He was a student of Paul, or Saul if you were of Jewish origin. None of the Gospels were written by eyewitnesses. A "disciple" is merely a follower so I guess every Christian could be called a disciple. None of them were thought to be written by apostles.