• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Create a Religious Book

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Yes, I'm serious. You have a year (until 8/25/2021).

The rules:
  1. You can attach it here (Upload a File below) but if it's huge, use a link instead. I recommend Box.com
  2. Please, no virus attachments. If you think your computer might be buggy, give everything a scan.
  3. No unopenable formats. I don't care if you have a Mac or Linux, or some type of iDevice, keep your readers in mind. Documents (doc/odf/pdf) are fine, ebooks (ebook/mobi/kdf) are not.
  4. Packing in zip files are allowed. So are self-extracting exe files. If it's something compatible only with nonstandard OS (Linux, Mac, or something I've never heard of), please provide the proper unpacker programs.
  5. Take this seriously. No overt parodies of existing religions. Also, at least 10 pages, discussing the general beliefs and other aspects of this religion.
  6. Keep this close to your own beliefs. It can be as weird or goofy as you want, but avoid cults, pyramid schemes, or the like. If people can't leave or if the goal is only to make money, it isn't a good religion.
  7. A religion, even a secular one, should have the following: Beliefs, written teachings, holy or important places, rituals (yes, even hand-washing counts, if it's a cleanliness sect), symbols (an official symbol for your faith, as well as an minor symbols), holy people (optional: does your faith have a hierarchy? Does it have monks or nuns? Or are people all equals? Or are they all equals but ), and worship (anything from priest-led services to people just praying at shrines or nature worship; also include holy days or sacred foods). Include any taboos (things not allowed whether because of formal laws or because they are scary/cursed/too sacred), determine what happens to people if they die, and other stuff like sacred numbers.
  8. You are allowed to make your own language or something, as long as you can get it to display without crashing the computer or being unreadable (include a TTF file if you have custom fonts). Any drawings or art are fine, as long as they aren't obscene or copyrighted or something. I don't want any heat for what other people make.
  9. This thing should be considered convert-ready. As in, if you suddenly decide you want to want this to be a real religion, there should be nothing inherently dangerous (like telling everyone to rob and kill people, or a suicide sect) or illegal (sorry guys, no polygamy or animal stuff).
  10. Let's all have fun, and come up with interesting religions!
You are allowed to "pitch" your religion on this page. But eventually, I wanna see a document, even if it's very short.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

The rules:
  1. You can attach it here (Upload a File below) but if it's huge, use a link instead. I recommend Box.com
  2. Please, no virus attachments. If you think your computer might be buggy, give everything a scan.
  3. No unopenable formats. I don't care if you have a Mac or Linux, or some type of iDevice, keep your readers in mind. Documents (doc/odf/pdf) are fine, ebooks (ebook/mobi/kdf) are not.
  4. Packing in zip files are allowed. So are self-extracting exe files. If it's something compatible only with nonstandard OS (Linux, Mac, or something I've never heard of), please provide the proper unpacker programs.
  5. Take this seriously. No overt parodies of existing religions. Also, at least 10 pages, discussing the general beliefs and other aspects of this religion.
  6. Keep this close to your own beliefs. It can be as weird or goofy as you want, but avoid cults, pyramid schemes, or the like. If people can't leave or if the goal is only to make money, it isn't a good religion.
  7. A religion, even a secular one, should have the following: Beliefs, written teachings, holy or important places, rituals (yes, even hand-washing counts, if it's a cleanliness sect), symbols (an official symbol for your faith, as well as an minor symbols), holy people (optional: does your faith have a hierarchy? Does it have monks or nuns? Or are people all equals? Or are they all equals but ), and worship (anything from priest-led services to people just praying at shrines or nature worship; also include holy days or sacred foods). Include any taboos (things not allowed whether because of formal laws or because they are scary/cursed/too sacred), determine what happens to people if they die, and other stuff like sacred numbers.
  8. You are allowed to make your own language or something, as long as you can get it to display without crashing the computer or being unreadable (include a TTF file if you have custom fonts). Any drawings or art are fine, as long as they aren't obscene or copyrighted or something. I don't want any heat for what other people make.
  9. This thing should be considered convert-ready. As in, if you suddenly decide you want to want this to be a real religion, there should be nothing inherently dangerous (like telling everyone to rob and kill people, or a suicide sect) or illegal (sorry guys, no polygamy or animal stuff).
You are allowed to "pitch" your religion on this page. But eventually, I wanna see a document, even if it's very short.
I am not fully enlighten and can not create a new spiritual path with my own realization of the truth.

Nimos

The rules:
You pretty much blacklisted all my ideas for a religion...guess it's back to the drawing board!!! :)

tenor.gif

Thief

Rogue Theologian
as soon as this Forum fixes the search buttons.....
I will down load ALL of my postings and begin sorting through them

but more likely.....I will have to sue the Owner of this site
to gain possession of my intellectual property

of which I cannot secure by my own efforts

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd never get finished, so it would have to be short like a religion haiku and would not truly reflect the totality of my thoughts on the matter. How is this?

everything spiral
n dimensional spiral
spiral together

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd never get finished, so it would have to be short like a religion haiku and would not truly reflect the totality of my thoughts on the matter. How is this?

everything spiral
n dimensional spiral
spiral together

I don't consider mine finished either, nor should it ever be finished. Like religion, the Book is a living document that is changed and added to as my tradition develops. I haven't worked on it much for a while, though. It is probably due for a major pass but a lot of the changes would be shifts in language more than the substance of the content. There's also some stuff I wrote a while back that just hasn't gotten printed out. I really need to get the recipes section actually written too, but I have a recipe book in my kitchen for that so... the Book isn't all in one place anyway, thus good enough I guess?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I managed to create a rough draft of tenets before I was hit with writer's block. I figured that I would share what I have so far if I don't manage to finish the whole thing.
Love and logic, reason and compassion; let these be the basis for moral conduct.

The mind, body, and spirit are to be inviolable; subject only to one's own will.

Embrace and exercise liberty, but neither deny nor violate the liberty of others.

Defend and protect the innocent from those who would victimize them.

Think critically and objectively; seek knowledge and understanding.

Pursue desires and pleasures, but practice responsibility and moderation.

Weigh the consequences of actions and accept accountability for them.

Accept and embrace the nature of oneself and of the world.

Display respect and appreciation when it's due, withhold when it is not.

Judge others only by character and conduct, be honorable in your own.

All is subject to critique and scrutiny, nothing is beyond reproach.

Do not wallow in denial, willful ignorance, and intellectual dishonesty.

Be cautiously skeptic, but optimistically open-minded.

See through posturing and pretense; topple pedestals of undue reverence.

Resort to violence only as a means of defense or preservation.

Sexual conduct should only be between consenting adults.

Break taboos and make hamburger out of sacred cows.

Cultivate the body through diet and exercise.

Cultivate the mind through learning and introspection.

Cultivate the spirit through creativity and expression.

Preserve the ecosystem that provides us our food, water, and air.

Trust science and value scientific achievements and pursuits.

Base belief upon what's substantiated and rational.

Do not over invest emotion and ego into trivial things.

Avoid hypocrisy and double standards. Act as you speak.

Critique away. :D

Samantha Rinne

Hmmmm. I do like the idea of sacred hamburgers.

5727a9a9910584e73c8c01cb

It's called a Salvation Burger.

As far as the writing itself, it is a bit pretentious with the long list of standards and values. But I encountered that crap when trying to write the Mune Shinri, along with typpos and redundancies. Along with typos and redundancies. I think when writing a thing of that sort, you literally have to plan out, "Okay now I'd gonna write about their holidays. And this part is going to be on foods they don't like to eat."

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Hmmmm. I do like the idea of sacred hamburgers.

5727a9a9910584e73c8c01cb

It's called a Salvation Burger.

As far as the writing itself, it is a bit pretentious with the long list of standards and values. But I encountered that crap when trying to write the Mune Shinri, along with typpos and redundancies. Along with typos and redundancies. I think when writing a thing of that sort, you literally have to plan out, "Okay now I'd gonna write about their holidays. And this part is going to be on foods they don't like to eat."

Well, you said create a religious book, so of course it's pretentious. Yet even that list of values already has more depth and substance than most "real" holy texts.

Samantha Rinne

Actually, the mential of spirit is fine. You should also talk about "building energy" but offer no explanation on the subject.

And contradict yourself often.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Actually, the mential of spirit is fine. You should also talk about "building energy" but offer no explanation on the subject.

And contradict yourself often.
Again, another staple of religious texts.

But seriously, why not tell me where you think there are inconsistencies?