• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Country Music

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I like country, but I rarely listen to the radio so I may be an oldie...

[youtube]DHvVXMVSy4c[/youtube]

[youtube]S1mhcRq-5zA[/youtube]

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Growing up living at my gradparents in the boonies of DE, I was always had to listion to country. I didn't like it much, but as I have grown and matured I like it much more.

Lately this is my fav song
[youtube]Lb9q1ScC4cg[/youtube]
Jason Aldean - Dirt Road Anthem - YouTube

Ill never forget how a year or two ago I used to go with a friend up to his cabin in the mountains. Only radio station was an oldies country station. With some beer and a fire going, best times :drunk:

Of course though, No one is better then Cash =]
Johnny Cash - Cocaine Blues - YouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq344ks1ieg

Last edited by a moderator:

gnomon

Don't care much for country/rock, country/pop or the uber-patriotic country music that dominates the genre today.

I like the older country music grounded in folk music and bluegrass. Here's some more recent along that style of country/folk music.
[youtube][youtube]2f_GUtbW_ho[/youtube]
NOBODY'S CRYIN (PATTY GRIFFIN) - YouTube[youtube]

[youtube][youtube]M7_cf2s7CgE[/youtube]
Kurt Nilsen- Lost Highway live on Popsalongen - YouTube[youtube]

[youtube][youtube]CiGPbHnpQks[/youtube]
Hazel Dickens - Fire in the hole - YouTube[youtube]

gnomon

Growing up living at my gradparents in the boonies of DE, I was always had to listion to country. I didn't like it much, but as I have grown and matured I like it much more.

I know what you mean. I grew listening to George Jones, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Cash, Campbell, Waylon Jennings, etc. I can't say I hated but definitely stopped listening to it when I was introduced to Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Zappa and then came Metallica and the grunge scene.

Gravitated back to folk based music because......I don't know. Beyond sounding like a snob it's just better lyrically. I still like the development of music among more modern styles but lyrically there is no match for me.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

takenotice

It is interesting that so many people don't really like Country Music but there are the odd tunes they like. As I have got older I find I love it now! It is really simple stuff (mostly) and I have even made the trip to Nashville to the festival there.

I am from Australia and I have a website called its *edit* which covers all things country, ute musters, dances etc. We have some video clips and I'm always looking for more!

I hope to be back again to the festival next year!! I have to say that I love many different types of music, especially blues and jazz.

Drop into the site and let me know what you think, suggest a link or two for your Aussie pals!

Last edited by a moderator: