• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Counter book burning.

Requia

Everyone hear has to have heard about the Qur'an burnings scheduled for the 11th. (There are what, 5 threads on it?).

Well some freinds and I have decided to hold a book burning of our own, but instead of destroying books we're going to burn them to CDs.

I put up a file containing primary holy texts of a half dozen different religions, anybody who wants to participate should download it (or something else) and get a CD for the 11th.

request download ticket | ifile.it

And of course, spread the word, with enough people we can create more books than are destroyed.

croak

Trickster
I applaud your idea. Much better than burning books, I'd say. 11 MB would probably take forever for me to download, though. If you have something like Facebook, I suggest you get the word out. Tolerance instead of fear. Bravo.

Requia

I've never been much for places like Facebook. There is a facebook group or event of whatever its called being put up by somebody else though.

croak

Trickster
I've never been much for places like Facebook. There is a facebook group or event of whatever its called being put up by somebody else though.
I don't use it personally, but plenty of people do, and it's a very effective way of spreading the world.

Here's the facebook page, I think. Facebook
The page gives me an error, so it might not be correct. Then again, because I don't use Facebook, I can't be absolutely sure.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I tried to find the button to "like" that page, but I hardly ever use facebook and I'm having a hard time finding it.

Requia

Victory!

Terry Jones has canceled the book burning, this is totally due to me, and Obama is just stealing my credit. :p