• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Certain Mythical Creatures Exist?

Psalm23

Do you think certain mythical creatures could exist in someway? Creatures like the Phoenix and unicorn and Pegasus are beautiful to me. I don't rule out a possibility that a creature that looks like that could exist perhaps in heaven.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you think certain mythical creatures could exist in someway? Creatures like the Phoenix and unicorn and Pegasus are beautiful to me. I don't rule out a possibility that a creature that looks like that could exist perhaps in heaven.
Yes, in my belief they can exist:)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

I see it as a possibility. I'm open-minded that there's a lot more to things than we can comprehend. So mythical creatures? Why not as a possibility?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
They could exist in astral realms. And of course, they are spiritual symbols as well.

There's a children's song about Unicorns that includes this: "the ray of light we call his horn points to the dawn. If you would see him feed him laughter and song. God's guidance in its most delightful form. Protecting friend... unicorn"

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

I think it's possible for mythical creatures and other cryptids to exist in the modern world because I believe there are cryptids that continue to elude humanity, such as Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster (Nessie), the Lake Champlain Monster, the Jersey Devil, the Fresno Nightcrawlers, the Wendigo, and the Mothman (Top 10 Cryptids That Turned Out to be Real). I base my personal opinion on the possible existence of mythical creatures on the existence of the giant squid, which was once believed to be a mythical creature until it was discovered to be a real, living creature. The oceans make up around 70% of our planet, yet over 80% of the world's oceans remain unexplored. Based on this fact alone, I'm open to the possibility that mythological creatures and cryptids could actually exist in our world, but they continue to elude humanity, except for a rare glimpse every now and then. But I also consider all the credible eyewitness accounts of Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, the Mothman, the Jersey Devil, the Rake, and a plethora of other cryptids that have been sighted around the world. I've seen things that I cannot explain, so I'm willing to listen to someone else who says the same.

“At the heart of every legend there is a grain of truth.” - Michael Scott

"In every piece of fiction is at least a little bit of truth." - 30 Urban Legends That Are Totally True

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Most mythical creatures don't have a real blueprint but some do. Varanus komodoensis could be the inspiration for some mythical creatures. And this is a unicorn.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think a small pegasus might be possible in the natural world. It would be little, like a small doggy. A bird that breathes fire and plays dead might be possible. A horse with a horn definitely is possible, but I would expect it to be in Australia.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think a small pegasus might be possible in the natural world. It would be little, like a small doggy. A bird that breathes fire and plays dead might be possible. A horse with a horn definitely is possible, but I would expect it to be in Australia.
What do you get if you Mix a pegasus and a labradoodle :confused:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

aMK4XoX_700b.jpg

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
I think many did exist but they were just misinterpreted species. Ancient peoples are known to have found fossils and wouldn't have the first clue what they were looking at nor the means to analyze them. Depending on the origins of a myth, those findings either would have been seen as proof of the myth or may have been the source of them.

Then too, we continue to discover species and it's safe to assume there are plenty more we're still unaware of. There are still places that are undiscovered or certainly haven't had humans on them for however many centuries, so who knows.

Audie

Veteran Member
No