• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coronavirus screw up

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Things like this don't help: help: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/02/11/coronavirus-evacuee-san-diego-released/

Last cpl of years I've become intimately familiar with the lack of overall competence of the medical support staff here in Southern Cal.

We have great doctors, clinics, and research institutes, but I have to say if our collective well being is in any way dependent on the people who run the desks, fill out the paperwork, or run samples to the labs we're all in big trouble.

Hopefully it's mostly a west coast thing.

(We were just going to fall into the ocean someday anyway)

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Things like this don't help: help: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/02/11/coronavirus-evacuee-san-diego-released/

Last cpl of years I've become intimately familiar with the lack of overall competence of the medical support staff here in Southern Cal.

We have great doctors, clinics, and research institutes, but I have to say if our collective well being is in any way dependent on the people who run the desks, fill out the paperwork, or run samples to the labs we're all in big trouble.

I heard this story on NPR this evening. Mistakes like this shake the confidence in the system and open the door for all kinds of meaningless speculation. Let's hope it is a one off and the people involved get their s**t together.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I heard this story on NPR this evening. Mistakes like this shake the confidence in the system and open the door for all kinds of meaningless speculation. Let's hope it is a one off and the people involved get their s**t together.

Let's hope the CDC starts shipping in support staff from somewhere where people don't have 6 ft high pot plants growing in their backyards. :p

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member

Hopefully the guy in the video isn't involved in any aspect of testing.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hopefully the guy in the video isn't involved in any aspect of testing.

(love that movie)

Dude, I swear that's the phlebotomist that went right through my vein, into the tendon, and then stood there scratching their head as blood shot everywhere except into the tube.