• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convoy claiming to be ‘God’s army’ heading to Texas to protest border crisis: ‘Biblical, monumental moment’

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

How do you suppose they reconcile their mission with Matthew 25:40-45?

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’​
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’​
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’​
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’​

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’​
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’​
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’​
45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’​
Many don't really know or care about the core teachings of Christianity but rather put selfishishness, fear and anger on their banner.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Didn't God say something about welcoming the stranger among us?

This convoy is be serving the devil, not God. They have been duped. Christian allegiance should be to God and the sermon on the mount, not to country and constitution.

The Christian God hates nationalism, patriotism and tribalism. He doesn't believe in countries, races, nationalities or borders. He wants every human being to treat every other human being as they would a family member.

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." -- Galatians, 3:28. New international version.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Maybe they could take down the wall for a mile or so, and the convoy can drive right through, and keep right on going. Not that they'd notice.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Look for that applicable verse where their homes are being forcibly invaded and overrun. You seem to have missed that one.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Many don't really know or care about the core teachings of Christianity but rather put selfishishness, fear and anger on their banner.
Depends on if the ones affected are following the law and being honest and righteous, or is it that they are actually standing up to clear lawlessness and criminality here?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Depends on if the ones affected are following the law and being honest and righteous, or is it that they are actually standing up to clear lawlessness and criminality here?
Historically, following the law has little do do with honesty or righteousness.
There are the laws of man or the state, and the laws of justice and righteousness. In my opinion, the latter trumps the former. One has no obligation to follow an unjust or immoral law.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Look for that applicable verse where their homes are being forcibly invaded and overrun. You seem to have missed that one.
This is the first I have heard about it.
One would think that if it were true, it would be all over the news.
I mean, that would be one hell of a selling point wouldn't it?
But the only time we hear about it is a random post from a random person on the internet?

Nope.
Not sus at all.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Problem here is who gets to make the determination of what is and is not lawlessness and criminality.
Some members can not even let the courts decide.
And that is the purpose of the courts.

InChrist

Free4ever

I am sure Jesus would not consider lawlessness and the exploitation of men, women and children through human trafficking or deadly drugs coming across the border, by cartels and corrupt government officials to be … “caring for the least of these”.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I am sure Jesus would not consider lawlessness and the exploitation of men, women and children through human trafficking or deadly drugs coming across the border, by cartels and corrupt government officials to be … “caring for the least of these”.
I doubt Jesus sees that as a justification for drowning children with the use of razor wire.