• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convert to Islam and be protected from STDs, violence, homelessness, van . . . .

Skwim

Veteran Member
muslim_xmas.jpeg

:facepalm:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Interestingly I just researched this stuff in another thread. Reported violent crimes and STD's are very low in Muslim-majority countries and other countries that put a huge emphasis on family honor.

Please note the word "reported."

As it turns out, when people move to countries where these things ARE reported more often, they rape and acquire STD's at the same rate as anyone else -- in fact Sweden has found (in the first studies of religion vs sexual crimes) that non-western immigrants who spent most of their lives in muslim countries accounted for 65% of the sexual violence.

Seems like it's just not getting reported in these countries, so then people say "Look at our low rape rates, aren't we great?" but when they move to countries that will actually officially report them the picture starts to get revealed...

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Interestingly I just researched this stuff in another thread. Reported violent crimes and STD's are very low in Muslim-majority countries and other countries that put a huge emphasis on family honor.

Please note the word "reported."

As it turns out, when people move to countries where these things ARE reported more often, they rape and acquire STD's at the same rate as anyone else -- in fact Sweden has found (in the first studies of religion vs sexual crimes) that non-western immigrants who spent most of their lives in muslim countries accounted for 65% of the sexual violence.

Seems like it's just not getting reported in these countries, so then people say "Look at our low rape rates, aren't we great?" but when they move to countries that will actually officially report them the picture starts to get revealed...

Well, in their countries rape victims tend to get buried up to their necks and then stoned to death for "committing adultery", so it's understandable why it's not reported.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Do you really try so hard to be neutral and diplomatic that you won't even bat an eye at ridiculous lies, deliberate misinformation and preposterous claims?
I will say that I don't see a great deal of difference between this and Christian propaganda against Muslims.

truseeker

whenever muslims are shown on the news they look like a bunch of hoodlums running around with guns and acting like fools

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I will say that I don't see a great deal of difference between this and Christian propaganda against Muslims.

Perhaps not, but Islam is quite easy to criticize without having to make things up. What this poster is trying to do is tie together a bunch of unrelated things. Baby Jebus leads to rape and raves? How does that logic work? And Muslims get a magical force field that prevents such things?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
whenever muslims are shown on the news they look like a bunch of hoodlums running around with guns and acting like fools
Because that is what we are supposed to think of them.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It's the asinine claims it makes.

Do you really try so hard to be neutral and diplomatic that you won't even bat an eye at ridiculous lies, deliberate misinformation and preposterous claims?

In a debate forum, I expect an actual argument to be made. I've grown so weary of propaganda that it's pretty much invisible to me now, unless I'm given an actual reason to notice it. The only reason I'm noticing this is because the OP is literally nothing more than a picture of a poster.

Lies, misinformation, and preposterous claims are made by people all over the world so much that I don't see any reason why this particular one deserves special attention other than the fact that Christmas is two days away.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The poster is bad. It does not indite all Muslims however. Then we have this thread that does paint with a broad brush.

I would be willing to bet the same people who champion wiki-leaks for free speech have a real problem with this poster.

I will admit having tolerance for the intolerant is a test of character.

If we are truly any better than this poster, we have to refrain from retaliation which reduces us to their level.

Does that make sense?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would be willing to bet the same people who champion wiki-leaks for free speech have a real problem with this poster.
I really don't care about the poster. If people want to be that disillusion as to pretend Islam will protect them from such things, then they can go right ahead. It's no different really than billboards proclaiming Christmas to be the birth of Christ. Except the Jesus billboards aren't full of false hopes.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

No one said that the poster should be censored, however it can still be critiqued. There's a big difference there. As for your wikileaks analogy there's also a big difference between spreading lies and spreading truth.

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Surely god would be sane and sensible enough to save them anyway if they're being prevented, right?

the people still have a choice in the matter. They are told in the Quran that they should obey the prophets of the bible...including Jesus son of Mary. But they continue to follow Muhammad... in effect they are obeying neither Muhammad nor Jesus and for that reason they are preventing themselves from coming to know God. They are making the choice themselves and hence they are responsible for their own faith.

Of course the heavier responsibility rests with their teachers who lead them astray, but according to Jesus, both teacher and student will not gain access to God

Matthew 23:13 “Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
the people still have a choice in the matter. They are told in the Quran that they should obey the prophets of the bible...including Jesus son of Mary. But they continue to follow Muhammad... in effect they are obeying neither Muhammad nor Jesus and for that reason they are preventing themselves from coming to know God. They are making the choice themselves and hence they are responsible for their own faith.

Of course the heavier responsibility rests with their teachers who lead them astray, but according to Jesus, both teacher and student will not gain access to God

Matthew 23:13 “Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in.

Why does god need middlemen and interpreters in the first place, especially when none of them have anything to elevate their claims above the next self-appointed representative?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Why does god need middlemen and interpreters in the first place, especially when none of them have anything to elevate their claims above the next self-appointed representative?

because by our sin, we are alienated from God...our inherent unrighteousness keeps us from him

the mediators between man and God have always been one who God views as righteous and so out of mercy he has drawn close to us by means of such a mediator.