• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convert to Islam and be protected from STDs, violence, homelessness, van . . . .

The Neo Nerd

Hahahaha i saw this on pharyngula.

(thanks for the introduction to that site btw)

I had a giggle. But wasn't shocked.

-Q

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Are you talking of the original sin of Adam(pbuh)? Or of some other sin?

sin is many things

but if i were to give the broadest meaning of sin i'd say it is 'imperfection'... our inability to reach Gods perfect standards of morality make us imperfect and it is this imperfection which alienates us from God.

A-ManESL

sin is many things

but if i were to give the broadest meaning of sin i'd say it is 'imperfection'... our inability to reach Gods perfect standards of morality make us imperfect and it is this imperfection which alienates us from God.

Why can't we remove this imperfection with God's grace and help?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In a debate forum, I expect an actual argument to be made. I've grown so weary of propaganda that it's pretty much invisible to me now, unless I'm given an actual reason to notice it. The only reason I'm noticing this is because the OP is literally nothing more than a picture of a poster.

Lies, misinformation, and preposterous claims are made by people all over the world so much that I don't see any reason why this particular one deserves special attention other than the fact that Christmas is two days away.

:clap

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Why can't we remove this imperfection with God's grace and help?

we can

the means he has given us to achieve this is Jesus Christ

The first step in that process is faith in Jesus. That gives us a righteous standing and allows to approach God. That is his first requirement.
John 14:6 "Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Last edited:

A-ManESL

John 14:6 "Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

But what if the sentence above is interpreted as follows: Jesus(pbuh) is identified with the unity of God and man and this holds good for other personalities as well which too can be identified the same way. By transitivity, all distinctions blur between such personalities, their individualities vanish and only God remains, and whoever is approaching God is approaching God through all such personalities, including Jesus(pbuh).

Surely in that case, if any one is following any other way, such as Buddhism or Islam or whatever, he is in fact also approaching God (or nirvana or Reality or Allah(swt)) through Jesus(pbuh).

Last edited:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
But what if the sentence above is interpreted as follows: Jesus(pbuh) is identified with the unity of God and man and this holds good for other personalities as well which too can be identified the same way. By transitivity, all distinctions blur between such personalities, their individualities vanish and only God remains, and whoever is approaching God is approaching God through all such personalities, including Jesus(pbuh).

ok, that is a philosophical way of looking at it

However, think about the ancient Isrealites. God sent them Moses as a mediator of a covenant between the people and God. God was with the Isrealites 'thru' moses and Moses leadership led the people to God.

While the people remained with Moses, they were protected by God, if they left Moses, they were cut off from the nation and lost Gods favor.

We have to accept that God chooses the way to approach to him, not us. Now Jesus is the one promised in hebrew scripture to be 'a prophet like moses' and the jewish diciples of Jesus knew this fact and they preached it.

Acts 3:19 “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get YOUR sins blotted out, that seasons of refreshing may come from the person of Jehovah 20 and that he may send forth the Christ appointed for YOU, Jesus, 21 whom heaven, indeed, must hold within itself until the times of restoration of all things of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old time. 22 In fact, Moses said, ‘Jehovah God will raise up for YOU from among YOUR brothers a prophet like me. YOU must listen to him according to all the things he speaks to YOU. 23 Indeed, any soul that does not listen to that Prophet will be completely destroyed from among the people.’

You see, just as Moses was the one God used to lead people to him in ancient times, Jesus is the one he uses in our times... it is our choice whether to accept Gods way or reject it. He will judge us on how we treat his chosen one.

A-ManESL

You see, just as Moses was the one God used to lead people to him in ancient times, Jesus is the one he uses in our times... it is our choice whether to accept Gods way or reject it. He will judge us on how we treat his chosen one.

Thats all okay, but I dont accept that taking Jesus's way externally is necessary for all people, when the internal essence of all way's is the same. I am a Muslim, and I follow the path shown by Jesus(pbuh) and all other prophets in essence, the distinction being that this is done in the language of my culture.

I see Moses(pbuh) as having sent to preach God's message on certain people in a certain area, and when many people (not all) started forgetting the message along came Jesus(pbuh) to repeat it in that area. I see no reason why Jesus(pbuh) is greater then any possible native American contemporary holy man/woman of the same period, for internally if they are all one external distinctions do not matter.

Regards

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Thats all okay, but I dont accept that taking Jesus's way externally is necessary for all people, when the internal essence of all way's is the same. I am a Muslim, and I follow the path shown by Jesus(pbuh) and all other prophets in essence, the distinction being that this is done in the language of my culture.

I see Moses(pbuh) as having sent to preach God's message on certain people in a certain area, and when many people (not all) started forgetting the message along came Jesus(pbuh) to repeat it in that area. I see no reason why Jesus(pbuh) is greater then any possible native American contemporary holy man/woman of the same period, for internally if they are all one external distinctions do not matter.

Regards

Jesus instructed that his message be taken to the whole world. This included all nations and he prophesied that, before Gods great day had arrived, the good news of the kingdom would be preached in every nation on earth. We see fulfillment of that today...there is not a nation on earth where christianity is not heard of.

Well anyway, i hope, for the sake of many, that you are right and i am wrong.

ellenjanuary

Jesus instructed that his message be taken to the whole world. This included all nations and he prophesied that, before Gods great day had arrived, the good news of the kingdom would be preached in every nation on earth. We see fulfillment of that today...there is not a nation on earth where christianity is not heard of.

You are both right.

The poster, however, is just plain wrong.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
we can

the means he has given us to achieve this is Jesus Christ

The first step in that process is faith in Jesus. That gives us a righteous standing and allows to approach God. That is his first requirement.

Why is it necessary for god's works to operate like inefficient, convoluted and arbitrary Rube Goldberg machines? It seems like such a sloppy, nonsensical waste.

A Thousand Suns

Rationalist

Lol----Jesus(pbuh) was sent to a tribe of isreal----he clearly says that he's the chosen one among people of Israel

"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know."

[The Bible, Acts 2:22]

and there is no place in Bible where Jesus(pbuh) said he was sent to entire humankind for eternity infact if you read Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you unto all truth"

We can debate later who spirit of truth is but Jesus clearly said that his message is incomplete

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Lol----Jesus(pbuh) was sent to a tribe of isreal----he clearly says that he's the chosen one among people of Israel
and there is no place in Bible where Jesus(pbuh) said he was sent to entire humankind for eternity infact if you read Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

perhaps you have not fully considered what the hebrew and greek scriptures actually state regarding the Messiah.

In the Hebrew scriptures, Abraham was made the forefather of the nation of Isreal as im sure you know. That nation was to produce a Messiah... but not a messiah only for the Isrealite people... Abrahams seed, the messiah, was for the benefit of all the nations on earth
Genesis 22:17 I shall surely bless you (Abraham) and I shall surely multiply your seed (decedents) like the stars of the heavens and like the grains of sand that are on the seashore; (now speaking of the coming messiah) and your seed will take possession of the gate of his enemies. 18 And by means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves due to the fact that you have listened to my voice.

The Apostle Paul preached this truth about all nations being saved by the Messiah
Galatians 3:8-9 "Now the Scripture, seeing in advance that God would declare people of the nations righteous due to faith, declared the good news beforehand to Abraham, namely: “By means of you all the nations will be blessed.” 9 Consequently those who adhere to faith are being blessed together with faithful Abraham

And what did Jesus command his apostles before he ascended to heaven?
Matthew 28:18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.

It was always Gods will to save all the nations of mankind through Israels Messiah... the bible has held this view since Moses wrote Genesis.
Now muslims understand what it means that God is One. He cannot be divided among the people of the nations...he is whole and he unifies people into the same 'oneness'. Even Jesus stated that a 'house divided cannot stand'....so do we really believe that God can be divided into different religions?

Last edited:
We have to accept that God chooses the way to approach to him, not us. Now Jesus is the one promised in hebrew scripture to be 'a prophet like moses' and the jewish diciples of Jesus knew this fact and they preached it.

Too bad what Moses is alleged to have taught and Jesus is alleged to have taught couldn't be more different - you'd think they'd agree on a few things.

The laws of Moses are simply disgusting by modern ethical standards, you'd think truth would be truth for all time...

Unless you think Jesus would have agreed people should be stoned for working on Sabbath or non-virgin women war captives should be put to death while virgin ones be distributed to the conquering soldiers?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Too bad what Moses is alleged to have taught and Jesus is alleged to have taught couldn't be more different - you'd think they'd agree on a few things.

The laws of Moses are simply disgusting by modern ethical standards, you'd think truth would be truth for all time...

Unless you think Jesus would have agreed people should be stoned for working on Sabbath or non-virgin women war captives should be put to death while virgin ones be distributed to the conquering soldiers?

what you see in the OT and in the mosaic laws, written 4,000 odd years ago, are the things people were doing without God to guide them. When he chose the Isrealites, they already had an existing culture and lived according to the way of a world without God.
He gave them laws to 'improve' some of their customs... he didnt create the customs though. Why did he outlaw incest? likely because that was something they were practicing. Also slavery....God didnt say 'take slaves for yourself'. No, he gave regulations that outlawed abuses because they were already practicing slavery and likely were abusive towards slaves.

If you move forward to Christ, you'll find that he stipulated that his followers were to show 'love' to all...he didnt promote slavery but promoted all people showing love to each other...hence a slave owner who showed love to his slave would not abuse the slave. So moses and Jesus were not all that far apart.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
muslim_xmas.jpeg

:facepalm:

the worst thing about this is that the stupid people who wrote this think there are equally stupid people out there who would be dumb enough to believe it,there isn't of course,is there

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I'm Muslim.

I haven't suffered from any of these plagues.

The poster is true.

I'm Hindu.

I haven't suffered any of these plagues.

The poster is false.

...:areyoucra:confused::cover::shrug:

Very silly reasoning. Unless you're being sarcastic. I can't tell without the smileys.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Raves, blasphemy, what many Muslims might consider promiscuity such as simply having sex outside of marriage, paganism, alcohol, some drugs aren't even "plagues" anyway... :rolleyes: