• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convergence Of Signs

InChrist

Free4ever
I could say as much.
You could say it, but I don’t think you could do it. We’ll see Jesus come again, though…

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
Revelation 1:7

F1fan

Veteran Member
You could say it, but I don’t think you could do it. We’ll see Jesus come again, though
Christians have believed this for over 1000 years and it’s still not happening. Could it be that you have adopted a bad idea? Who told you that Jesus will return? Why did you believe them?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Christians have believed this for over 1000 years and it’s still not happening. Could it be that you have adopted a bad idea? Who told you that Jesus will return? Why did you believe them?
Almost 2,000 years. In fact the Bible says that he was supposed to return before all of his disciples had died. That prophecy is either ignored or reinterpreted.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Almost 2,000 years. In fact the Bible says that he was supposed to return before all of his disciples had died. That prophecy is either ignored or reinterpreted.

This reminds me of what a pastor once said during a discussion about all of the evangelical Christians who support the former president. He said that if Jesus were to appear today, then the vast majority of these Christians would most likely reject him because if he had dark skin (because he was allegedly Middle Eastern), they would decry that he was an illegal immigrant and demand that he be deported. I thought that was very bold of this pastor to say.

Audie

Veteran Member
You could say it, but I don’t think you could do it. We’ll see Jesus come again, though…

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
You did not notice the "if "?

What he (is claimed to have ) said is as true
of me as of himl

F1fan

Veteran Member
I remember there being a big end times freak out happening in 999 with the year 1000, I think it was. Called Y1K. Thank God people in 1999 didn’t freak out because they learned the lesson.

Dave Watchman

We’ll see Jesus come again, though…

Amen.

I'm with you 100%.

You're doing a good job on the thread.

But it's a bit disappointing we couldn't have had a bit bigger of a cloud of witnesses to chime in on the convergence of signs.

2000 years just means the harvest is ripe, He's overdue.

2000+2000+2000. There's two different video people who both are counting Jubilee cycles from creation week. They both agree that the last heptad is 2023 to 2030. I think it's sooner. I think we're in it already.

Then there's this Florida guy on the net. He's also counting the biblical genealogies. He thinks it's happening now, from 2023 to the fall Feasts of 2026. I agree that 2026 is a thing, but I think it still will probably happen before then.

Most of the signs were subtle. It had to be that way. Both for the Christians who were not willing to accept it, and especially for those who are perishing. So that even though we are not in darkness so that that day would overtake us as a thief, the Son of Man will still be able to come at a time, and on a day, that we are not expecting.

Like if the Two Witnesses were Moses and Elijah flying around shooting fire out of their mouths killing the reprobate for 3.5 years, then everyone would know that we are in one of the days of the Son of Man.

Then everyone would know that His hour is here.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Bthoth

*banned*
Jesus does not have to come back since Jesus successfully accomplished His mission on earth, which was to bear witness unto the truth about God and sacrifice His life for the sins of humanity.
Then what is revelation(s) about and what are people awaiting a return?
Some of the Old Testament prophecies refer to the coming of Jesus, but any of those prophecies that refer to the messiah who will come in the end times (end of the age) are not referring to Jesus.
I agree, jesus is not coming back to save the day, rapture, end times............... as messiah. Dying to forgive sins, is not a messiah, that is from religion, religious beliefs, pharisee, blaspheme!!!

The very claims of the christian beliefs are no better than islam using participants to start the end times prophecies.

Bthoth

*banned*
I think that depends upon which religious beliefs one is seeking to overcome.
Any beliefs (religiously) taught to mislead any person. Giving false hope that accepting a religion will fix the day has ruined far too many and will unleash a whole bunch of hatred world wide. For example see how many hate islam for how the believers use the beliefs for war, suicide missions and to abuse women, in the name of religion (god).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, that is different from biblical, Christian theology,..
It is different from Christian theology, which was derived from how Christians interpret the Bible, what they believe it means.
It is not different from what is recorded in the Bible, it is just a different interpretation of what is in the Bible.
They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”
Act 1:11
I am well aware what 'Christians believe' this verse means as I discussed it at length with more than one Christian over the course of 10 years.
I cannot speak for all Christians but the common Christian understanding of this verse is that the physical body of Jesus was taken up to heaven on the clouds, and the same physical body of Jesus will come down from heaven on the clouds.

I have my own interpretation of Acts 1:10-11.

Acts 1:10-11 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The disciples were staring up into the sky. The two men dressed in white (angels) came along and asked why they were staring up into the sky. The two men then wondered why the disciples were staring up into the sky and said that the same Jesus who was taken up to heaven will return as he went to heaven. It does not say that the disciple saw a body go up.

It was the Christ Spirit that ascended, not a body, which is why the angels wondered why the disciples were staring into the sky, since there was nothing to look at. That makes sense since angels can see spirits. Descending from heaven upon the clouds means that the spirit of Jesus, the Christ Spirit, will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God and will appear in the form of a human being who had the Christ Spirit. Though delivered from the womb of Mary, the soul of Jesus that has always existed descended from heaven, by the will of God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As an aside, how do you think the 'physical body' of Jesus can exist in heaven? Do you believe that heaven is a physical world? I believe that heaven is a spiritual world and there is nothing physical there. I believe Jesus has a spiritual body in heaven. I know Christians who believe that Jesus has a glorified physical body since He rose from the dead, but even if Jesus rose from the dead that does not mean that He ascended to heaven in a physical body. The Bible says that there are two kinds of bodies, earthly bodies and heavenly bodies. The Bible does not say that there is any such thing as a glorified physical body. That is Christian dogma.

The physical body cannot exist in the Kingdom of God in heaven. That is why it needs to be transformed into a spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 15 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.

51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
John 14:3
I think I already posted my interpretation of that verse. In short, that is not Jesus saying that He will come again to earth.
I just wrote a briefer modified version of my previous longer interpretation.

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

When Jesus said “I will come again” He was not referring to coming back to earth again. Jesus said that His work was finished here and He was no more in the world: (John 14:19, John 17:4, John 17:11).

John 14:2-3 is Jesus speaking to His disciples. It is not Jesus promising anyone else He will return to earth. When Jesus said “I will come again” He was not talking about His physical body returning to earth, He was referring to His Spirit coming again, which I believe it did, in another person who I believe was the return of the Christ spirit with a new name (Isaiah 62:2, Revelation 2:17, Revelation 3:12)

Jesus said to the disciples “I will come again, and receive you unto myself Jesus knew He was going to heaven, and He was telling His disciples that He would prepare a place for them in heaven so they could be with Him in heaven -- that where I am, there ye may be also.
Hypothetically speaking, if Jesus returned to earth now, the disciples could not 'receive Jesus' since the disciples are no longer living on earth.

John 14:3 is one of the most misunderstood verses in the New Testament so it is no wonder the Bible commentaries do not agree on what it means.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Then what is revelation(s) about and what are people awaiting a return?
Christians believe the Book of Revelation is about the return of the same man Jesus because that is what Christianity teaches.
I believe that the Book of Revelation is about the return of the Christ spirit in another man with a new name. I do not believe it is about the same man Jesus who walked the earth 2000 years ago.

Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 3:12-13 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Any beliefs (religiously) taught to mislead any person. Giving false hope that accepting a religion will fix the day has ruined far too many and will unleash a whole bunch of hatred world wide. For example see how many hate islam for how the believers use the beliefs for war, suicide missions and to abuse women, in the name of religion (god).
That might be true of the older religions like Christianity and Islam, but it is not true of the new religion, the Baha'i Faith.

Bthoth

*banned*
Christians believe the Book of Revelation is about the return of the same man Jesus because that is what Christianity teaches.
I have read the dialogue and why I posted what I did. You wrote what 'christians believe' but then below contradict it with what you believe.
I believe that the Book of Revelation is about the return of the Christ spirit in another man with a new name. I do not believe it is about the same man Jesus who walked the earth 2000 years ago.
Here is that evidence. So I will not debate that part since there is nothing consistent.
Isaiah 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.
The prophets of old do appreciate 'the name'. That is what messiah addresses, the name of god. Jesus did not fulfill exposing the last word. That which has been unknown.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

As evidenced by prophecy.
Revelation 3:12-13 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Same style of biblical evidence, Jesus did not provide what was promised. The only thing new is few comprehended what you just evidenced.

Or did I write my response in a way that you will deny?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have read the dialogue and why I posted what I did. You wrote what 'christians believe' but then below contradict it with what you believe.

Or did I write my response in a way that you will deny?
I am not sure what you are trying to convey.

InChrist

Free4ever
Just an addition concerning the technological aspect…

“What quantum computing can do is unlike anything we have seen to date. Not only will this technology have the ability to control every aspect of life, business, finance, medicine, government, etc., but it will also be able to do this with such precision and speed that every person on earth could be placed into a one-world system. This technology will virtually force the world into a one-world financial system, a one-world government, and eventually a one-world religion. This super technology will cause the world’s systems to merge into one unified and computerized way of life. Choices will be eliminated. Freedom will be severely limited. Control will be delivered into the hands of the one who oversees this worldwide interconnecting network.

Scott Townsend of I Am a Watchman Ministries describes how quantum computers combined with AI will be used to establish the Mark of the Beast system. This technology will allow the Antichrist to seemingly replicate the attributes of God during the Tribulation. Only God is omnipotent (all-powerful) (Genesis 1), omniscient (all-knowing) (1 John 3:20, Matthew 10:29-30), and omnipresent (present everywhere) (Psalm 139:7-9), but technology will allow Satan’s Man of Lawlessness to deceive the world. Like the Father of Lies, those technology-enabled lies will cease when Jesus returns in glory.

Scripture warns that mankind will succumb to a one-world government. Quantum computing and AI are the technologies that will make it possible. Understanding the anticipated threat is one thing, but witnessing end-time technologies and events fall into place before our eyes is amazing.”

wellwisher

Assuming a God exists. We don't see any God acting in our world, so all we are left if you believers trying to back up your fantastioc claims. Since your God is absent, why don't you explain how your exagerated beliefs are true and we should take them serioulsy. Don't forget the history of Christianity that has many hundreds of false predictions, so your track record is very bad. Since your track record is so bad we can't just take your word for it. Where is your absent God?

Well the Catholics and Lutherans of 1940's Germany had no problem exterminating 6 million Jews, so it's fair to say Christians aren't the most emotionally stable bunch historically. Why do Christians need to believe at all when atheists and Muslims and Hindus get along fine without Christian dogma? Why do fundamentalist Christian need to drag everyone down in their toxic theology? At least atheists don't believe so we are immune to this emotional expoitation. I feel bad for Christian children who are exposed to this toxicity and are emotionally damaged as a result. It borders on abuse.

How about you, do you think it cruel and unnecessary to tell children what you are saying in this thread if it causes them distress?
In my experience, the end times is not a large group event, which occurs outside yourself. Rather, it is an internal dynamics of events; symbolic command lines and time projections, where various parts of you, become active and play all the roles. We are both the good and evil symbols, since knowledge of good and evil teaches us both. The goal is an update in the brain's operating system. When the symbolism is complete, after the final plagues, as the story goes, the humans that are left, are transformed. The dark side of the personality is essentially erased and the Satan subroutine is shut off.

Historically, the big group event does not occur, however, in each generation there are individuals and pockets of individuals, who go through an internal struggle, in outward anticipation of the end times. When the predicted due date occurs, and it did not happen as expected within the outside world, one is at a critical cross roads in the update process. What you do next; which path, will decide if the update occurs or aborts.

There are two critical symbols for the cross roads, which are Divine woman in labor pain about to give birth. Near her is Satan, the Red Dragon who is waiting to devour her child when it is born. She gives birth and her child is caught up to God and to his throne; male child is faithful and true. The Divine women is then given the wings of eagle, so she can fly to a place that is prepared for her. The Red Dragon pursues her and pours out water trying to drown her, but the earth helps her and drinks up the water. Satan, then leave her and goes off to make war against those similar to her. She lands in her safe place.

In my own experience, the anticipation of the end times, was very stressful and I felt the need to warn everyone. However, people do not want to be warned for many reasons. So I decided the ends; helping them, justifies the means; apply pressure, using anger and fear. The self righteousness caused me to become the very darkness I was trying to escape. When you reach the due date, and what you have anticipated does not happen, what you do next, decides the fate of the update.

The ideal path will be one of humility in terms of your continued faith, but with acknowledgment of your misunderstanding of the symbolism, and what that misunderstanding, caused you to become. What happened to me was the blend of faith, stress, and my angry self righteousness, at the cross roads, split into the two symbols above. They had been merged, but now they separate.

You want to choose the Divine woman side of the split, even though this will make you very vulnerable to Satan, who will pressure you with extreme distress. The path of Satan, on the other side of the split, will make you feel stronger and less trippy, but that path does not end well. The flight of the Divine Women become an internal struggle, where the Satan subroutine beats the crap out of you; stressful internal thoughts and imagery. But it ends; Satan goes elsewhere. Then you have to face the seven plagues, for atonement and the last of the uninstall. The child symbol is like a compressed file, for the update, but it will not decompress until the atonement is done.

In my situation, the seven plagues gave me an evolving perspective in terms of my lifetime of memory. What had been seen as my glory days, was now being shown to me as being connected to Satan. The old feeling tones connected to the original writing of this lifetime of memory was reassigned, and later subjected to purge. The great earthquake was connected to my entire memory, from a boy to the then present, played before my eyes, and then it was shaken so hard, it collapsed and the stress ended. It was like the inner self hit a 3-D memory ball of my life, with a golf club and this distorted all the rational plane; islands and mountains moved out of place.

When the memory purged ended, I was still me, but now very calm, but with amnesia. I kept a journal of those times and could read what I wrote, but it did not seem to matter, anymore. I understood I had to grow again; born again, with no past, that I could fully remember. I would be nurtured from the inside, via my new rapport with the inner self, while trying to figure out how to get back to culture, alone, without losing the updating update. I even forgot my knowledge of science, and had to reinvent science from scratch; help to anchor me in physical reality, which now gives me unique perspectives on science and in other areas of knowledge.

About 20 years ago I started to write on science forums, learning my old science knowledge again, by reading the ideas of others. I was trying to strike a balance between my inner self training, and some outer collective training so I could build a bridge back.