• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contradiction: Which geneaology of Jesus is correct?

The Anointed

QUOTE="Mitty, post: 6730234, member: 67829"]That's just an imaginative fantasy and doesn't change the fact that Psalm 2:7 says that David was his god's begotten son, even though David never went to heaven, nor did Abraham or Moses or Noah etc (John 3:13). And where does David say "he was not abandoned in the world of the dead; his body did not rot in the grave", or did the writers of Acts 2:31 just make that up?

We live in Northern Victoria so it's not an issue for us.[/QUOTE]

Nah mate, it's not some imaginative fantasy, it's the gospel truth, Psalms 110; GNB: David states, "the Lord said to my Lord the King, “Sit here at my right until I put your enemies under your feet.”

In Psalms 2: 7; David the prophet said; "I will announce says the King what the Lord has declared, David is referring to his Lord the king, who was installed by the Lord God on his sacred hill, Zion, and this is what David's Lord the king declared; " He said to me: ‘You are my son; today I have become your father. Ask, and I will give you all the nations; the whole earth will be yours. You will break them with an iron rod; you will shatter them in pieces like a clay pot.’ ”

The prophet David says in Psalms 110: 1; The LORD said to my lord, “Sit here at my right until I put your enemies under your feet.” From Zion the LORD will extend your royal power.

“Rule over your enemies,” he says. On the day you fight your enemies, your people will volunteer. Like the dew of early morning your young men will come to you on the sacred hills.

The LORD made a solemn promise and will not take it back: “You will be a priest for ever in the priestly order of Melchizedek

Never did the Lord promise that David would be a priest forever, but he did say that of Jesus in Hebrews 5: 5; "In the same way, Christ did not take upon himself the honour of being a high priest. Instead, God said to him: “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.” He also said in another place, “You will be a priest for ever,in the priestly order of Melchizedek.”

Long after the body of David had decomposed, Isaiah said in 42: 1; The Lord says; "Here is my servant, whom I strengthen, the one I have chosen, with whom i am pleased, I have filled him with my spirit; and he will bring justice to every nation, etc.

I'm glad to hear that the virus is not an issue with you. Likewise with the wife and myself, we live over 50 miles from the nearest town, and we only go there when we need to restock on groceries or other necessities.

Last edited:

Mitty

Nah mate, it's not some imaginative fantasy, it's the gospel truth, Psalms 110; GNB: David states, "the Lord said to my Lord the King, “Sit here at my right until I put your enemies under your feet.”

In Psalms 2: 7; David the prophet said; "I will announce says the King what the Lord has declared, David is referring to his Lord the king, who was installed by the Lord God on his sacred hill, Zion, and this is what David's Lord the king declared; " He said to me: ‘You are my son; today I have become your father. Ask, and I will give you all the nations;
the whole earth will be yours. You will break them with an iron rod; you will shatter them in pieces like a clay pot.’ ”

The prophet David says in Psalms 110: 1; The LORD said to my lord, “Sit here at my right until I put your enemies under your feet.” From Zion the LORD will extend your royal power.

“Rule over your enemies,” he says. On the day you fight your enemies, your people will volunteer. Like the dew of early morning your young men will come to you on the sacred hills.

The LORD made a solemn promise and will not take it back: “You will be a priest for ever in the priestly order of Melchizedek

Never did the Lord promise that David would be a priest forever, but he did say that of Jesus in Hebrews 5: 5;
"In the same way, Christ did not take upon himself the honour of being a high priest. Instead, God said to him:
“You are my Son; today I have become your Father.” He also said in another place, “You will be a priest for ever,
in the priestly order of Melchizedek.”

Long after the body of David had decomposed, Isaiah said in 42: 1; The Lord says; "Here is my servant, whom I strengthen, the one I have chosen, with whom i am pleased, I have filled him with my spirit; and he will bring justice to every nation, etc.

I'm glad to hear that the coved virus is not an issue to you. Likewise with the wife and myself, we live over 50 miles from the nearest town, and we only go there when we need to restock on groceries or other necessities.
Doesn't change the fact that Psalm 2:6-7 says that David was his god's begotten son and a king. And the writers of Hebrews 5:5 plagiarised Psalm 2:7 to try to link Jesus to David, as demonstrated in the genealogies for Jesus' adoptive father and his biological father (Matt 1 Luke 3).

Last edited:

The Anointed

Doesn't change the fact that Psalm 2:6-7 says that David was his god's begotten son and a king. And the writers of Hebrews 5:5 plagiarised Psalm 2:7 to try to link Jesus to David, as demonstrated in the genealogies for Jesus' adoptive father and his biological father (Matt 1 Luke 3).

When you have accumulated the required data and have gained the ability to comprehend that which is written in Psalms 2: 6-7, perhaps you will understand that those scriptures are not referring to DAVID AS THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD, But if you choose to remain ignorant to the truth as revealed in the scriptures, that is your God given right old mate..

Mitty

When you have accumulated the required data and have gained the ability to comprehend that which is written in Psalms 2: 6-7, perhaps you will understand that those scriptures are not referring to DAVID AS THE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD, ..
Nonsense. Clearly Psalm 2:6-7 is obviously referring to David, given that David was a Jewish king and that it is written in the first person and in the past and present tense, and is not written in the third person and the future tense.

Or are you claiming that Jesus wrote Psalm 2:6-7 and/or was a contemporary of David, even though Jesus was never a Jewish king despite being mocked by the Romans as the "King of the Jews" when they executed him for sedition?

But if you choose to remain ignorant to the truth as revealed in the scriptures, that is your God given right

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When you claim science, it is human group imposed as symbolism created by a group human agreement to teach information as science, for science, using scientific symbolism.

You never owned any symbolism for O planet Earth the stone.

You did however know a mountain top tip ^ removal of by UFO...and you rebuilt it by cutting of stone blocks to a condition you claimed is PHI.

PHI on the ground.

PHI was always in the heavens, it was never on the ground, why you are wrong scientist.

The spirit of gases first owned natural light being God as spirit gas burning, owned by the planet is how it was taught as owned by God...created by God and the spatial womb. Immaculate.

You told this story brother, so cannot lie about it.

You said God the spirit of, gases moved in the great deep spatial womb flowing on the face of the water. And that just meant you idealised circulation or circular movement. O gases burning swirling remaining cooled but also burnt out....O circular movement.

You changed that theme by inferring a circle O a number, and then activated PHI yourself by evaluation O G swirling cooling back into an O, then as you extra burnt it for UFO radiation extra dispersion O split into D and D. But it remained in the heavenly spirit.

So by our lives natural giving you a reviewed statement about science you lied.

O God the stone as MASS, science never owned God.

Gases in the Heavenly spatial condition natural Immaculate, you never owned in science either.

Just a coercive liar.

When you study a bio life. You know we have a human body, human cells, human skin, blood and water/bio chemicals for a bio human life. As our own selves.

No body or no other thing or presence owns it. A human does.

And the scientific genetic biological appraisal says, closest to the form of water by percentile of water mass used by the body......actually.

What has that got to do with an especial DNA genetic lived experience...owned only by the Holy land fusion of the stone body upon which you stand. Which is a variation in every country living upon the ground mass.

So we said that GOD the stone fusion owned the reason for genetic diversity, yet we own the GENETICS....human, not God.

You seem to have a muddled up head....oh that is right, you are science possessed by AI, ancient machine artificially carbonised our water mass that we owned, feed back as a liar coercer.

Just like the Catholic brother taught you, possessed by your own evil causes.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
1. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
(a) Jacob (Matthew 1:16).
OR
(b) Heli (Luke 3:23).

This so called contradiction was also highlited by Zakir naik in 2000 with his debate against DR Campbell. His question was, If we read "Matthew 1 and Luke 3, we find a contradiction on who the father of Joseph, Jesus's father was. there is not a single person in the namelist the same as the other. How can one trust the Bible if it does not even know the ancerstors of Jesus and gives 2 totally different name lists?"

Well, I learned that naik got his information from the Atheist website, annodated bible.com, where this accusation is used as "evidence" that the Bible is somehow corrupted, incoherrent and not reliable.
I went and read for myself and found the following:

Mat 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
Luk 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Yes, a contradiction so it seems does exist in the geneaologies of Jesus.

But one thing caught my eye, this words in brackets: "(as was supposed) ".
Why, I asked myself?
I went to the Greek to see if this word is in the scripture, and I found the following.
Answer:
I found the word, "Nomidzo” to describe that Heli was Joseph’s father by “Custom” or “Regulation”.
Then it hit me!
Heli was Mary's father, and Joseph was his Son in law!
Just shows you how one can miss pure logical practices when we read the Bible.
When I got married, I had a father, AND A FATHER IN LAW.
My grandfathers were now 4, out of who I did not call 2 of them Grand Fathers in law!
Thats silly, they are my grandfathers, and my father in law, is My FATHER BY CUSTOM!

THIS MEAN THAT THE WHOLE LIST OF THE 2 GENEAOLOGIES WHICH THE ATHEIST CALLS A CONTRADICTION, IS ACTUALLY THE NAMELIST OF MARY'S ANCESTRY, AS WELL AS JOSEPH'S ANCESTORS!

I can only say: "WOW"!!!!
Who would have thought that the Bible would contain such a correct and detailed version of events.
and to top it off, If the Atheist and Muslim did not demand this to be a Biblical error, I would never have discovered this nice detail so precious to the history of Jesus Christ.

He was king of 2 lineages, tracked from the first man created by God, and the descendend of the seed of the Woman.
And He is King of everything.
The question is not which if either genealogy of Jesus is correct. The question is whether either is relevant.

Matthew and Luke add genealogies because the messiah is to be a descendant of David, of the tribe of Judah.

The problem is, Tribal identitity is passed on only paternally, and I mean the BIO dads. Jewish identitiy is different -- you get that from your Jewish mom. But are you tribe of Judah? Levi? Benjamin? This is solely dependent upon the tribe of your biological father. If for some reason your biological father is not known, you have NO tribal affiliation.

So, the genaology of a foster father or adopted father would be irrelevant. So would the genealogy of the mother. So long as Christians claim that Joseph is not the biological father of Jesus, they cannot also claim that he is of the tribe of Judah.

It's either virgin birth or tribe of Judah. You can have one, but you can't have both.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If you discuss personal genealogy, then you discuss relative land ownership status on planet Earth. Country of ownership of the DNA expressed in a bio life body.

If you discuss science history and state, a long time ago, lying Satanic occult UFO sciences attacked all life on earth and altered the atmosphere, and also my DNA/genealogy in the land where I live, then it is just a descriptive human storytelling analogy about their owned mutative life inheritance.

Who caused it, why it was caused and how it was caused.

If you talk about reason of personal life reincarnated and returned in your own land, then you would claim human science reasons why the irradiation effect had disappeared, and that is described by males as the inventor science terms, teacher of science terms in human life, as an ownership agreed taught statement.

Scientific reasoning, as applied by adult human males on and for the human baby life changed/returned then sacrificed attacked once again.

To prove that science in the past had caused it....same technology, reuse of that technology caused it again.

Males did science in elite claims to ownership of anything that a group enforced ownership of.

A simple example, nature grows the food for everyone. When status and control was group enforced, the elitists said, you will all work for me. I will pay you if you are lucky, or you will just be my slaves. If I feed you, be grateful he would claim....or I will pay you with food, whilst I live a rich life. If I want to punish you, I will force you to starve...even if you try to get food I will claim you are a thief.

The history that we all hated living. Lying evil male cult group ownership and life takeover. I will grow the food, when Nature grew the food for everyone.

This type of male mentality we have fought against forever. Liars.

They said the same about God the stone and powers in stone...that because they thought about, claimed land ownership they said it was theirs, personally. It never was anyones to own. Males in groups are liars.

So when a male discusses the gases, they claim it is an ownership of theirs.

How it should have been taught, if those gases of multi colours or Noble gases do not exist in natural atmospheric mass, our life gets attacked. I owned it naturally and it supported all life naturally, is how it was meant to be taught.

Teaching however was taken into controlled ownership and not taught rationally for how it was discussed. No human personally owns as that self a gas...space does......we live inside of water/oxygen atmosphere supported by the presence of those gases. Science said it was spirit, and science lies...coercive teaching is part of the status of confusing everyday humanity.

God was stated to be ST ONE....males as humans said stone is a name that I give a planet, O a body, I will also name it Earth. Seeing names in natural reality do not exist. Rationally humans give names to everything for humans.

So when males said O a planet is first ONE and gave it title ST ONE...it was to hold the mind at this place of worded information, first, origin and one so that occult scientists could no longer lie to us about ownership in false claims.

Naming had its own reasons.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The question is not which if either genealogy of Jesus is correct. The question is whether either is relevant.

Matthew and Luke add genealogies because the messiah is to be a descendant of David, of the tribe of Judah.
Exactly, and also we need to remember that there was and is no master chart whereas everyone or most could trace themselves back to David or before him. On top of that, the tribes got largely mixed together during the Babylonian exile and the "remnant" that returned back to eretz Israel.

Like so much of scripture, it's basically a subjective attempt at establishing connections back to other figures and/or events.

The Anointed

Exactly, and also we need to remember that there was and is no master chart whereas everyone or most could trace themselves back to David or before him. On top of that, the tribes got largely mixed together during the Babylonian exile and the "remnant" that returned back to eretz Israel.

Like so much of scripture, it's basically a subjective attempt at establishing connections back to other figures and/or events.

Through his Bio father, Heli, Jesus was a descendant of Nathan the stepson of David and bio son of Bathsheba, the daughter of Ammiel the son of Obed Edom, a Levite descendant of Moses,

Jesus who has been chosen to be our King and High priest had to have come through the genetic lines of Levi and Judah. Through Shealtiel the ancestor of Both Joseph the son of Jacob, and Joseph the son of Heli

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

There were houses that could trace their lineage back to David. Some exist even today. Of course, so many records were lost in the holocaust -- that was a deep loss. But there are still some who have the proof.

metis

There were houses that could trace their lineage back to David. Some exist even today. Of course, so many records were lost in the holocaust -- that was a deep loss. But there are still some who have the proof.
Ya, but the question is how accurate are they, especially since some can fabricate a connection and no one can prove them wrong.

OTOH, the one connection there can be is through genetic testing, whereas one component is believed to link back to the cohen, if my memory is correct. Maybe you can help remind me on this?

The Anointed

Ya, but the question is how accurate are they, especially since some can fabricate a connection and no one can prove them wrong.

OTOH, the one connection there can be is through genetic testing, whereas one component is believed to link back to the cohen, if my memory is correct. Maybe you can help remind me on this?

Did you ever see the TV series called 'ROOTS?' The oral tradition recoding the line of Ancestors? The Jews also had an oral tradition.

IndigoChild5559

Yes, there is a marker that is associated with the Aaronic line. Most (though not all) Kohanim have it today.

In the past I would have simply stated that Jewish courts don't consider genetic evidence. However, it has come to light that the Orthodox Rabbis in Israel have been using DNA testing to help determine whether a person is a Jew. So who knows.

metis

Did you ever see the TV series called 'ROOTS?' The oral tradition recoding the line of Ancestors? The Jews also had an oral tradition.
Yes, but that's quite shaky since we're talking about thousands of years, plus records were destroyed at various intervals throughout Jewish history. At the time of Jesus, plus before and after Jesus' time, many declared themselves to be the "Messiah" from the line of David but it was virtually impossible to prove them wrong-- or right.

One can see this being played out is the Gospel whereas Jesus doesn't want the Twelve to talk about it publicly after they accepted him as being the "Messiah". Declaring one's self as being as such had its risks.

Oral traditions are interesting, but establishing their accuracy is extremely difficult to often virtually impossible to establish. However, I don't lose any sleep over it one way or the other, so my oft used line is "whatever it was, it was".

metis

Yes, there is a marker that is associated with the Aaronic line. Most (though not all) Kohanim have it today.

In the past I would have simply stated that Jewish courts don't consider genetic evidence. However, it has come to light that the Orthodox Rabbis in Israel have been using DNA testing to help determine whether a person is a Jew. So who knows.
Thanks for that clarification. Hey, at 75 I got this CRS thingy down pat, let me tell ya.

Although, now I can't remember who "pat" is? :emojconfused: