• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

consider this..

corrupt_priest said:
my appologoies, but i have not read the rest of the thread

i think that even if jesus christ turned out to not exist, i have seen the power of God work throu miracles to be enough evidence (for me atleast) that God exists - so even if jesus is fictional, this fictional character helps me to relate to this God i have seen evidence of - so even if he is fictional, he is as good as real

but also, even if i die and their is nothing, then all this was for nothing, but if i die, and their is God, then it was worth believing

pascals wager ;)

C_P
So the reason you live for God is because you are in fear that if there is a God, and you did not believe, you would not be rewarded?

Miracles are just amazing and wonderful occurences, not an act from God.

blueman

God's Warrior
Binyamin said:
No, but lets keep this on-topic. Why don't you answer the questions that you've been asked.
No, why don't you bring some substance to the table rather than relying on Deut? :)

Popeyesays

BeautifulMind said:
So the reason you live for God is because you are in fear that if there is a God, and you did not believe, you would not be rewarded?

Miracles are just amazing and wonderful occurences, not an act from God.
Punishment and reward should not be reasons for worship.
"WORSHIP thou God in such wise that if thy worship lead thee to the fire, no alteration in thine adoration would be produced, and so likewise if thy recompense should be paradise. Thus and thus alone should be the worship which befitteth the one True God. Shouldst thou worship Him because of fear, this would be unseemly in the sanctified Court of His presence, and could not be regarded as an act by thee dedicated to the Oneness of His Being. Or if thy 78 gaze should be on paradise, and thou shouldst worship Him while cherishing such a hope, thou wouldst make God's creation a partner with Him, notwithstanding the fact that paradise is desired by men.
Fire and paradise both bow down and prostrate themselves before God. That which is worthy of His Essence is to worship Him for His sake, without fear of fire, or hope of paradise.
Although when true worship is offered, the worshipper is delivered from the fire, and entereth the paradise of God's good-pleasure, yet such should not be the motive of his act. However, God's favour and grace ever flow in accordance with the exigencies of His inscrutable wisdom."
(The Bab, Selections from the Writings of the Bab, p. 77)