• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conservative Random Thread

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
For all of your random, conservative, political-related thoughts, I present to you the Random Thread of power!

I'll start: I greatly enjoyed last night's debate. I think both candidates brought their A-game, and Trump hit Biden hard on just about every issue. It's like he finally listened to all those conservative podcast hosts that I've been listening to over the last couple of years. :) He hit him on Ukraine, fracking, illegal immigration, etc.

What did you guys think?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Hopefully I'll be able to watch it later and make a more informed opinion :)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I enjoyed the debate... I actually turned off the first one and was happy they cancelled the second

The moderator did quite well--a surprise for me.

Biden was polished as if he practiced the lines. (Not that Trump didn't also have his practiced lines)

I have come to the conclusion that too many people hear what they want to hear instead of what is being said. It was a great "revelation" when Biden admitted he wanted oil to go away. Yes, there will be millions of jobs created if we go green, but the unspoken reality is that tens of millions of jobs will be lost in the process. (Love how people play with numbers).

The computer was a great revelation. IMV, I saw a straight faced Biden who said it was Russian disinformation at work (as the lawyers of Hunter requested the return of his computer). So much for integrity and character.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
It was a great "revelation" when Biden admitted he wanted oil to go away.
Yeah, obviously it's not really a revelation, but he probably shouldn't have said it out loud.
IMV, I saw a straight faced Biden who said it was Russian disinformation at work (as the lawyers of Hunter requested the return of his computer). So much for integrity and character.
Whether he's picked or not, that really won't be good for him during the hopefully eventual trial.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member

Recommended. I found it very interesting. I especially liked what Kushner had to say by way of explaining why Trump is friendly towards various crazy dictators, explaining that calling out someone in public makes them less likely to want to negotiate with you, something many politicians don't understand, but is more understood in the world of business. I never thought of it like that. It makes sense. Who likes being told off, especially in public?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've watched most of the second debate. I have half an hour left. So far here are my thoughts:

Trump seemed to be en bonne forme here. He seemed open; he seemed confident and his usual dramatic self. He did seem to brush over some questions, but I expect that from both sides. I wish he would have been given more time to speak about his relationship to Kim Jong Un, but the moderator stopped him. He did interrupt, but I think neither debaters were given enough time and so I can understand why both would interrupt or feel they hadn't said enough. It could come off as bad manners though, which I can see from another perspective. Trump seemed determined to put his points across in as clear language as possible, which I always appreciate. He sometimes threw back 'No you!' at Biden, which in most cases I found Biden didn't counter very well.

I can understand Trump wanting to open the country even given Corona, and I can understand Biden wanting to stay in shelter. I don't really support either position, as I favour a sort of imbetween approach - Trump is right that people losing jobs, kids not going to school etc. is terrible and must be sorted, but Biden has a point that the virus has killed already so many folks and we need to perhaps take more decisive action; I just don't agree with him on what that should necessary be. However, I'm not sure full lockdowns are a good idea now; in Europe we have second waves bigger than the first and that's after total lockdowns; so now I'm sceptical.

I think Trump sees things at more of a state-level than a nationwide level and I much prefer this approach; Biden has lots of big talk about being 'one United States', but in practice in a country so big it just doesn't work that way and things do need breaking down to state and other local levels.

I found Biden too typically politician like. That always rubs me the wrong way. He seems to talk and make lots of promises but not say anything. He has a good demeanour, a great eloquence to his speech, and he stays calm, which I can appreciate. He seems to have a lot of experience in politics yet, as Trump points out, hasn't really done much. His arguments were so-so, but not totally terrible. I agreed more with Trump on the North Korea issue, on the Corona issue, on the immigration issue and on dealing with China, but both I found lacking in the healthcare issue as the US healthcare system is so foreign to me as a Brit neither option really makes any sense.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've finished the debate. Trump definitely had the better performance and arguments imo.

My bear is with the local delivery carrier :)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
20201030_163159.jpg

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I heard on the Dailywire Election Night livestream that the last time Americans went to sleep at the end of Election Day without knowing who won was in 2000. :hushed:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I heard on the Dailywire Election Night livestream that the last time Americans went to sleep at the end of Election Day without knowing who won was in 2000. :hushed:
I think the only two times I really cared about who won an election here was during the last one and at Brexit. Both came out in my favour. As far as this nation's concerned, as long as lefties like Corbyn aren't in, I'm alright! And the Lib Dems (who???) have never won so that's fine :blush:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I went to sleep last night shortly after Fox reported Biden to be at 264, fully expecting Biden to be announced as winner by the time I woke up. Surprisingly, I woke up and Biden was still stuck at 264, the counting hasn't ended yet, there are more and more reports and pieces of evidence of voter fraud in various states coming in and Trump's chances are still looking good.

I'm kind of okay with kicking back with some popcorn and watching what a Biden/Harris presidency would look like (would we see any of the apocalyptic predictions made by conservative pundits come to fruition or not), but I much prefer that Trump will make it. It's preferable to wonder "what-if" than to know how that's actually going to be...

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
(would we see any of the apocalyptic predictions made by conservative pundits come to fruition or not),
I don't think so. I think it will basically be a standard do-nothing-but-keep-the-status-quo kind of presidency. No huge changes. It depends on what happens externally though. I mean, no-one could see Corona coming. I do hope that he can make some positive changes if he is elected but he seems too standard fare on that front.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think so. I think it will basically be a standard do-nothing-but-keep-the-status-quo kind of presidency. No huge changes.
That's what those same pundits predicted now that it seems the GOP will maintain its Senate majority and "Cocaine Mitch", as they call him, will remain Senate Majority leader.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Highly aware that pro-Bidenists and perhaps even more neutral type people will look at this post and shake their heads at the perceived denial, but...

It ain't over till it's over.

When the courts announce a winner, we'll have a winner. :)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Highly aware that pro-Bidenists and perhaps even more neutral type people will look at this post and shake their heads at the perceived denial, but...

It ain't over till it's over.

When the courts announce a winner, we'll have a winner. :)
Conservatives are still in power over here! :)

I mean, even if they are the kind that legalised 'gay marriage', it's better than the other options :expressionless:

We have them til 2024.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I like how many of the folks who voted for Biden are telling us to shut up about the threads KenS has recently posted. If it were Trump voters doing this we'd never, ever, hear the last of it.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
@KenS I commend you for trying to spread some information in the sea of disinformation and continuous denial of reality from our 'friends' on the other side of the aisle. I don't really have the stomach or the nerves to get lambasted over and over again.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
@KenS I commend you for trying to spread some information in the sea of disinformation and continuous denial of reality from our 'friends' on the other side of the aisle. I don't really have the stomach or the nerves to get lambasted over and over again.
I've been quiet too long, IMO. I figure that I have nothing to loose at this point.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Ken

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't have enough understanding of US politics to really comment on stuff like this, but I try to make as much sense of it as I can; however, as @Harel13 says, there is so much disinformation and denial it's hard to wade through. It was hard enough to find anything about the Hunter Biden affair, let alone anything else. I leave the US politics threads to US citizens. I do read through them, however.