• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conservative Random Thread

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I admire you guys' apparent patience with the other side. Things like talking about Brexit I always found really frustrating so props to you for steaming ahead :D I know it tends to drive Harel batty so... :grin: There's no way I'd have the energy for those kinds of threads.

But last night I dreamt I met Donald Trump and got his autograph :sob:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, the leftists are starting to sound more nervous...so...good thing? :D

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I took the political typology test from PEW and here is my result,

Your best fit is...
Country First Conservatives
along with 6% of the public.

This largely Republican group is highly critical of immigration and U.S. global involvement. Country First Conservatives are most likely to describe immigrants as a burden on the country and to say that too much openness threatens American identity. More than any other group, they say that America should act in its own interest even when its foreign allies disagree. Like Core Conservatives, they prefer a smaller government with fewer services, and most think that government is wasteful and inefficient. Country First Conservatives are conservative on social issues and are the only typology group in which a majority says homosexuality should be discouraged by society.*

Political Typology Quiz

*I said it too
:sweatsmile:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Looks like there's a small revolution afoot in the Tory Party (Conservatives),

Conservative MPs who see the government as remote or lacking a policy agenda are flocking to backbench pressure groups in the hope of forcing Downing Street to listen to their concerns.

After the success of the European Research Group ( this ) in shaping Brexit policy, a string of new groups have been set up in recent months with a remit on issues from migration to criticism of “the woke agenda”. They claim they have their finger on the pulse of the subjects which voters in the party’s treasured new “red wall” seats care about.

One MP who is a member of two of the new groups told the Guardian: “I would say we are ready for a culture war, and we are confident that our policy agenda will help win it.”

The Common Sense Group, which launched quietly in the summer with about 40 members, was the subject of a front-page story in the Daily Telegraph this week after it accused the National Trust of being “coloured by cultural Marxist dogma” and in the grip of “elite bourgeois liberals” over a report acknowledging links between its properties and slavery.

It now has 59 MPs and 7 members of the House of Lords in its ranks.

Sir John Hayes, the founder of the group, told the Guardian: “The ERG has served an important role, but it has very largely done its work. The government has to decide what its defining purpose is beyond Brexit. There’s a thirst in the party to have an open debate about what the direction should be now. There’s a different kind of Conservative family emerging.”

Dissatisfied Tory MPs flock to ERG-inspired pressure groups

Also here,

More than 40 Conservative MPs have called on the prime minister to “take back control of our borders” by introducing a new bill that ends asylum claims by migrants who have passed through “safe” countries.

[...]

One of the most common complaints about the UK’s current law is that many asylum seekers who attempt to cross the Channel to Britain have already transited through countries such as France or Germany.

What do the MPs want?

Earlier this month, Home Secretary Priti Patel told MPs that migrants were seeking to cross the Channel to Britain because they believed that France was a “racist country” where they may be “tortured”.

But that claim has been rebuked by the new Common Sense Group of Tory MPs, who argue that the crossings have become a “highly lucrative industry” by a “motivated elite” who are “expertly gaming the immigration system for their own ends”.

In their letter to Johnson, the politicians say that “geography dictates that the vast majority of asylum seekers who arrive in the United Kingdom have travelled through numerous safe countries. Not only does this illustrate that safety is not the primary motive for many migrants, it exposes thousands to the wicked exploitation of unscrupulous people traffickers.”

Tory MPs demand overhaul of ‘not fit for purpose’ asylum system

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm so confused. Trump support and Brexit support are or at least once were majority positions, so why does it seem you have to battle everyone on the internet trying to make them see you as just as legitimate as they are because you support either of these things? Since when was being in favour of one's own people and national sovereignty such a bad thing?

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I took the political typology test from PEW and here is my result,

Your best fit is...
Country First Conservatives
along with 6% of the public.

This largely Republican group is highly critical of immigration and U.S. global involvement. Country First Conservatives are most likely to describe immigrants as a burden on the country and to say that too much openness threatens American identity. More than any other group, they say that America should act in its own interest even when its foreign allies disagree. Like Core Conservatives, they prefer a smaller government with fewer services, and most think that government is wasteful and inefficient. Country First Conservatives are conservative on social issues and are the only typology group in which a majority says homosexuality should be discouraged by society.*

Political Typology Quiz

*I said it too
:sweatsmile:
Market Skeptic Republicans
along with 12% of the public.

MARKET SKEPTIC REPUBLICANS
Critical of many major institutions and government, Market Skeptic Republicans mostly identify with, or lean toward, the GOP. They stand out from other Republican-oriented groups in their negative views of the economic system: An overwhelming majority say it “unfairly favors powerful interests.” Most also say businesses make too much profit, and they are the most likely Republican-leaning group to want to raise taxes on corporations (55%). They are similar to other GOP-leaning groups in their skepticism about the social safety net.

Edit: It's not so much the market I'm skeptical of, but the whole system of globalist international finance and capitalism, which is undermining culture, the sovereignty of nations, gutting the middle and working class and destroying the environment. It's turning the whole world into the third world. Not the market itself or capitalism itself.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't wait to watch as the media jumps on every mistake Biden makes and never shuts up about anything Biden does. I can't wait to watch as they take edited clips of him making him out as saying things he never actually said. I'm looking forwards to the out of context quotes and soundbites in newspaper headlines and Twitter posts.

Or at least, one can hope...:rolleyes:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Douglas Murray talking to Nigel Farage, worth watching imo,

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Life begins at conception. Abortion is, in most circumstances, murder.

There are only two sexes. There are boys and girls.

There is a God.

Men and women are equal but different in function.

Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Sex is for marriage.

Children are best raised by a man and a woman.

Housewifry is a real job.

The state should not tell parents how to educate their kids.

Leave religious people alone.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Life begins at conception. Abortion is, in most circumstances, murder.

There are only two sexes. There are boys and girls.

There is a God.

Men and women are equal but different in function.

Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Sex is for marriage.

Children are best raised by a man and a woman.

Housewifry is a real job.

The state should not tell parents how to educate their kids.

Leave religious people alone.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
Civilization is dying when you are admonished for stating such things.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My Matthew (Salvini) tweeted this.
Ruth Dureghello thanked him.

Abbb 511_213317.jpg

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
When I turn to face the wall from my bed, this is what I see,

20210514_141713.jpg

It's been like this for months and it's staying this way for the foreseeable future.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Giorgia Meloni has become the most influential Conservative woman in Europe.
Here with Morawiecki and Abascal.

A20210529_100129.jpg

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've boycotted YouTube for June because they won't let me disable their LGBT logo.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Highly recommend Michael Knowles' 'Speechless' book.

Still proud of my signed copy, lol.