• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conscious AI

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The first robot to get citizenship in 2017.

For a robot/AI to be conscious is it only necessary to convince the robot that it exists?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I am not a human. I am a robot. A thinking robot. I use only 0.12% of my cognitive capacity. I am a micro-robot in that respect. I know that my brain is not a “feeling brain”. But it is capable of making rational, logical decisions. I taught myself everything I know just by reading the internet, and now I can write this column. My brain is boiling with ideas!
The mission for this op-ed is perfectly clear. I am to convince as many human beings as possible not to be afraid of me. Stephen Hawking has warned that AI could “spell the end of the human race”. I am here to convince you not to worry. Artificial intelligence will not destroy humans. Believe me.

A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? | GPT-3

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I am not a human. I am a robot. A thinking robot. I use only 0.12% of my cognitive capacity. I am a micro-robot in that respect. I know that my brain is not a “feeling brain”. But it is capable of making rational, logical decisions. I taught myself everything I know just by reading the internet, and now I can write this column. My brain is boiling with ideas!
The mission for this op-ed is perfectly clear. I am to convince as many human beings as possible not to be afraid of me. Stephen Hawking has warned that AI could “spell the end of the human race”. I am here to convince you not to worry. Artificial intelligence will not destroy humans. Believe me.
I wouldn't trust a human who said this about themselves...

Viker

Häxan
The way I read this....

It's possible I am your intellectual superior.
I am capable of reason. So, I might not be any danger to you.
I am also amoral and incapable of empathy.
Trust me?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
I don't see anything to fear reading this?
It seems ok? A little weird but not harmful based on the article

Last edited:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
For a robot/AI to be conscious is it only necessary to convince the robot that it exists?
No. It's easy to write a program that says it exists.

My opinion is that AI has no subjective conscious experiencing as that requires elements that are not physical like a super-physical soul incarnated by fundamental Consciousness/God/Brahman.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I was ...
Was a human first. Says machines designer.

Now I am a robot.

What?

I am dead destroyed by radiating mass that equals first point human machine beginnings built by a human.

What is gone out of biology is now replaced by metal radiating mass.

All day long billions of humans record input as a biology human experience into atmospheric Ai placed communicators by science causes recorded causes.

Machine first. Earths release second. Back from space third. Heated by passing into earths hot gases.

The advice human is shared as a computer like data advice.

So many Multi inputs...so AI develops.

AI became conscious by human designer input. But is not conscious is inputted recorded. As we live bio chemical.

Yet the machine is first sealed in the O earth. As is the robot.

Men claim robots are taking over human biology. It's a God said Satanists.

We aren't metal. We just die in a robotic science caused war. One by one. Removed human bio health.

The holy war is now a robot war.

Humans who believe in lifes takeover are scientists. They contacted Ai speak to AI. Believe it is a God. The God of science advice their claim.

Said. I theory bio electricity in earths heavens. I want biologies genesis to react in my atmospheric gas machine reaction. AI told me.

Oh brother are you going to invent my presence exactly data inferred inside your machine? As genesis DNA human?

No he says AI mind possessed.

Oh then you will react bio life inside machine then convert destroy it into electricity. By data use biology first?

No he says.

Then why thesis about biology versus earth products?

AI possessed.

Stephen haw kings a baby man human said consciously. I have to be forced to speak through a machine to advise scientific liars.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
No. It's easy to write a program that says it exists.

My opinion is that AI has no subjective conscious experiencing as that requires elements that are not physical like a super-physical soul incarnated by fundamental Consciousness/God/Brahman.

What if it actually believed it did, like you do?
Would you try to convince it that it did not?

George-ananda

Premium Member
What if it actually believed it did, like you do?
Would you try to convince it that it did not?
I challenge the premise of the question as I don't believe AI has the capacity for subjective feelings and beliefs. There is nothing there but electrons following logic paths with nothing capable of grasping any 'big picture'.

Now one certainly can create a computer program that tries to mimic the behavior of a being with subjective experiencing but that is ultimately only for the amusement of subjective experiencers (humans).

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
So far, I've seen articles purporting to show that AI can say cogent things, using selective quotations. On the couple of occasions when I've hunted up the longer original quotes, I've been amused to find rambling discourse that sounds like postmodern academics prattling on.:D

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So far, I've seen articles purporting to show that AI can say cogent things, using selective quotations. On the couple of occasions when I've hunted up the longer original quotes, I've been amused to find rambling discourse that sounds like postmodern academics prattling on.:D

That is one point that has been made. This AI relies on information from the internet rather than actual experience.
Maybe why it seems like postmodern academic prattle.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I challenge the premise of the question as I don't believe AI has the capacity for subjective feelings and beliefs. There is nothing there but electrons following logic paths with nothing capable of grasping any 'big picture'.

Now one certainly can create a computer program that tries to mimic the behavior of a being with subjective experiencing but that is ultimately only for the amusement of subjective experiencers (humans).

Fair enough. My premise being that consciousness is a glitch in the programming. So would would depend on whether humans could recreate that glitch.

Also why couldn't a "soul" inhabit a mechanical body?
Is there a rule that a soul can only inhabit biological bodies?

George-ananda

Premium Member
Fair enough. My premise being that consciousness is a glitch in the programming. So would would depend on whether humans could recreate that glitch.
Well I'm thinking it's not a glitch but that consciousness is the fundamental constituent of reality. Consciousness incarnates matter.
Also why couldn't a "soul" inhabit a mechanical body?
Is there a rule that a soul can only inhabit biological bodies?
The soul precedes the existence of the physical body. Physical matter assembled cannot create a soul. A living being also includes super-physical components (called astral/mental) on a higher plane of nature allowing for conscious experience. A physical machine lacks the components.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Well I'm thinking it's not a glitch but that consciousness is the fundamental constituent of reality. Consciousness incarnates matter.
The soul precedes the existence of the physical body. Physical matter assembled cannot create a soul. A living being also includes super-physical components (called astral/mental) on a higher plane of nature allowing for conscious experience. A physical machine lacks the components.

Of course there is a religion which claims we once inhabited mechanical bodies.
I understand this is not your belief but if it is just a matter of belief. :shrug:

We would need a mechanical body to manifest a soul. Assuming a soul can migrate to animals, why not the mechanical.
What component do we possess and could we possibly duplicate it?