• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congratulations PM Designate Modi

Kalidas

Same in French media, where he is depicted as some kind of dangerous religious extremist that want to make India a autocracy.

A shame. A real, real shame, that they spread so much misinformation instead of really doing their jobs and educate themselves on how politics works in India. :facepalm:

The icing on the cake was in a french news website, when it was like "Look, at his Gujarat campain he had a picture of a Hindu god ! (Râma) What a dangerous religious extremist !" :facepalm:

We need a real Hindu news website.

I honestly think a part of it is the "Big Boy upstairs" don't want to see India improve. A lot of these "super power" countries rely on "weaker nations" for inexpensive labor, goods, and services. Why create a robot to do menial labor for roughly a million dollars(to make said robot) when you could hire someone for 2$ a day?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes, invitation to Rajpakse is painful to Hindus just like that to Sharief, but geopolitical compulsion.

I think it will please vegetarians immensely. Snack at the Modi swearing-in at President's House are going to be vegetarian, no chicken tikkas or kababs. Kachauri, Imarti, and of course, Khaman Dhokla. Poeticus Bhai, aawajo!

DSC02182.JPG

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
A note on Kiran Bedi, whose name has cropped up for Chief Ministership of Delhi. It will be a scoop for BJP. She is one woman whom all Delhi loves:

She sailed through college and a masters degree and, in 1972, at the age of twenty-two, won the women's lawn tennis championship of Asia. That same year she entered the police academy and, in 1974, became the first woman to enter the elite Indian Police Service. Kiran Bedi is remembered as a strict up-right police officer, a terror to corrupt Delhi policemen and criminals, and also as a woman with a soft heart.

She redirected former bootleggers to honest livelihoods by arranging friendly loans and assistance. Women's peace committees, set up at her initiative, promoted neighborhood harmony. As community participation rose, crimes fell. Observing the link between drug addiction and chronic criminality, Bedi set up community-supported detoxification clinics, a model she later developed for wider application as deputy director of the Narcotics Control Bureau.

In 1993 Bedi became inspector general of prisons (Delhi) and took charge of Tihar, India's largest prison complex. In this brutally overcrowded purgatory dwelled more than 8,000 prisoners, 90 percent of whom were unconvicted and merely awaiting trial. Bedi rapidly transformed Tihar. Today its inmates follow a positive regimen of work, study, and play. Illiterate prisoners learn to read and write. Others earn higher degrees from cooperating colleges. In prison workshops, prisoners keep their skills tuned and earn wages to save in Tihar's new bank. Bedi is a recipient of the Magsaysay Award.

In 2007, in spite of being the senior most officer, she was not appointed as the Director General of Police in Delhi as she would not toe the line of her political masters. She was side-lined as the Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development. Bedi opted for voluntary retirement. She was a part of Anna Hazare's 'India against Corruption' campaign but did not enter politics as Arvind Kejriwal did.
(Based partly on Wikipedia's page on Kiran Bedi)

'Himmat Hai' (I dare)

images

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sharief asked for time for replying to the Indian invitation (He said he has to consult the army. Why?). ISI, in the meantime fomented an attack on Indian Consulate in Herat. All Indians safe, four attackers killed.

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Kiran Bedi!

I recall, it probably was in the 1980's or early 90's, being in Delhi and purchasing a book of her's and it must have been at or about thr time of her duty in the Indian Police Service and she was a huge hero at that time. When I brought the book to Kolkata, anyone who saw it told me she is wonderful! I hope all the best for her future appointments, yes she would be very good indeed!

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Yes, invitation to Rajpakse is painful to Hindus just like that to Sharief, but geopolitical compulsion.

Sharief asked for time for replying to the Indian invitation (He said he has to consult the army. Why?). ISI, in the meantime fomented an attack on Indian Consulate in Herat. All Indians safe, four attackers killed.

In my opinion, too much unnecessary critique is being
placed upon Modi due to these "invitations". Many seem
to forget that SAARC leaders are invited, and leaders of
Sri Lanka and Pakistan are among them. And since Modi
is still a Designate, it would be completely unfair to even
critique these invitations. The "invitations" are not even
exclusively formal. They are purely procedural.

More importantly, if Sharif doesn't come, it will be good
for Modi politically; and if Sharif does come, it will still
be good for Modi - either way. Because of this "invitation",
the current political atmosphere in Pakistan has become
even more clear: it is the army that rules, not Sharif.

Karzai is coming, I believe. This will be good for Indo-Afghan
relations.​

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Isi liye bulana zaroori tha (That is why it was necessary to invite him). Can we change our neighbors? Pakistan, China, or Srilanka? I will be glad to do so if it was possible.

AAP breaking like Chelyabinsk meteor. Shazia Ilmi and Capt. Gopinath resign - No democracy in AAP.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Afghans will always be friends (Karzai is slated to leave) unless the Taliban take over.

This reminds me an statement of Afghan Pm when he said "India is our friend but Pak is our brother and in case of war we will support our brother".

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How? Let them first settle their own issues. Sometimes brothers are worse than enemies. Are not India and Pakistan brothers? Had it not been for Pakistan and their Taliban, Afghanistan would have had peace. I do not think you are in tune with either the Afghans or the Pashtun. Pashtuns hate Punjabi and Punjabis, and so do the Punjabis. :)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
4000 invitees! Like the Sardar Patel statue. And then the Scorpios. Modiji, what was wrong with BMWs? Now a whole industry of equipping the Scorpios will come up. Don't waste money. You can use it for benefit of the people. (Scorpio is an Indian manufactured SUV (Mahindra & Mahindra) preferred by Modi till now)

Another topic. India, Gujarat, take care of the Modi family and that of Jasoda Ben. He should ask the family to come to 7 RCR. It is large enough for that. They deserve it. Modiji's leaving them rankles my Hindu sensibilities. Modiji would not do anything for them. (7 Race Course Road, officially 'Panchavati' since it incorporates 5 Lutyen-time bungalows, adjoining Ashoka Hotel in New Delhi, is the official residence of Indian Prime Minister. It spreads over 12 acres)

Last edited: