• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

conflicted about strict monotheism (vs trinitarianism)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
And I'm going to disagree. One God is one God. The Nicene Creed even starts out saying "I/we believe in one God". I believe in the Trinity and I still believe in one God. You can think it's idolatry or whatever but I'm not too concerned about the opinions of others about it.
I'm not denying it's monotheism, because yes the Creed says, "We believe in one God." It the nature of that one God that compromises the monotheism. You cannot divide God up into three persons and still claim it is a pure monotheism.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
In all seriousness, I don't mind he or she. It's why I'm not always correcting folks.
Well I do like to get things correct. Now I've established a bad habit of referring to you as a he. If I revert back to that, please supply a swift kick in the tuchas.