• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comrade Neal of the House Ways and Means Committee DEMANDS Trump's tax returns

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The Communists disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
1913fe70385601378fc3005056a9545d

Stanyon

WWMRD?
From what I understand they have to provide a good reason to request it, I wonder what the reason cited was.

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be an acceptable reason but it would probably be more honest as to why they want them so badly:
"Me and my allies don't like Trump and we need his forms because we want to try and find something we can use against him since the Mueller report didn't work out the way we wanted, we have no proof of anything but we are on a fishing spree- please help us IRS, you're our only hope"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
From what I read, the Committee is explicitly authorized to demand the tax returns of every or any American citizen for any reason it wants. Granted, Trump is not a true American, but he is a citizen. The Committee is within it's legal rights to demand the Treasury Secretary submit to them his returns.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
From what I read, the Committee is explicitly authorized to demand the tax returns of every or any American citizen for any reason it wants. Granted, Trump is not a true American, but he is a citizen. The Committee is within it's legal rights to demand the Treasury Secretary submit to them his returns.
From what I understand the committee is just involved in legislation involving taxation.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I doubt the IRS would snitch on a sitting president. He's been in office for 3 years now, and he could be re-elected for another term. I don't know how things work, but it seems very top-down and police like. Where do IRS agents come from? Are they born from wombs? I have no idea.