• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Compulsion to Pray is Predetermined

Ostronomos

A few times I was in God's world and I had the compulsion to pray because I knew it was mandated by the universe. It was almost like laughing while being tickled. I could not help myself. It was automatic. This is because it was done for the sake of protection against demonic entities who, assumed human form and otherwise would have forced me to fight them, only to then get the police involved later. After I returned to the world of blind nature. It was almost as if people with obvious evil in them and who gave off warning signs as evil people were put there so I would fight them in public places. Thankfully, I read on a young girl's computer in the library I was in about not resorting to the primitive behaviors of the ID. I have never witnessed such obvious signs of evil until I started entering this world.

I sense evil with a 6th sense in this world.

pearl

I believe the desire to pray is initiated by God, especially if one is aware of always being in God's presence.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
A few times I was in God's world and I had the compulsion to pray because I knew it was mandated by the universe. It was almost like laughing while being tickled. I could not help myself. It was automatic. This is because it was done for the sake of protection against demonic entities who, assumed human form and otherwise would have forced me to fight them, only to then get the police involved later. After I returned to the world of blind nature. It was almost as if people with obvious evil in them and who gave off warning signs as evil people were put there so I would fight them in public places. Thankfully, I read on a young girl's computer in the library I was in about not resorting to the primitive behaviors of the ID. I have never witnessed such obvious signs of evil until I started entering this world.

Based on what you have freely admitted to here I do think you could benefit from psychiatric counseling. Nip this while it is still in the bud before you go completely off the deep end.

Cougarbear: The Lord gave us this earth gain knowledge of good and evil. Then, to see if we could learn to choose good over evil. He has provided, prophets and apostles to give us assistance and teach us what prayer is and why we should pray and what to pray for. We are to fill the measure of our creation and be happy in our life's journey as much as we can. You were given a great gift to be born in this day and in this country. Make the best doing good to people helping those you can help. He also provided Himself as our Lord and Savior to be forgiven if we repent of our sins and transgressions so that we can be happy and have a fulfilled life.

The Anointed

I believe that the greater majority of people, including atheists, would feel a terrible compulsion to pray before hitting the ground, when pushed out of a plane at 2,000 feet.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe that the greater majority of people, including atheists, would feel a terrible compulsion to pray before hitting the ground, when pushed out of a plane at 2,000 feet.
So far in all the life-and-death situations I've been in, I haven't felt the compulsion to pray. But even if I had, I think that speaks more to our selfishness and how easily we give into fear than anything else.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'd say the most likely scenario would be ....

"AAAAAAAAAH HHHHHH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, ****!!

The Anointed

So far in all the life-and-death situations I've been in, I haven't felt the compulsion to pray. But even if I had, I think that speaks more to our selfishness and how easily we give into fear than anything else.

The greater majority of people my friend, the greater MAJORITY. If you can HONESTLY state, that you would not say a little prayer while floating alone in the ocean at night after a boat capsize, and knowing that you are forty miles from the nearest land and will not be missed for at least another two days, then you would prove to have a greater faith in your atheist religion, than the majority of people of which I am one.

I, who am 76 and have lived an extremely adventurous life, and believe that I have faced more life and death situations than many others, have proved to myself, the power of prayer.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The greater majority of people my friend, the greater MAJORITY. If you can HONESTLY state, that you would not say a little prayer while floating alone in the ocean at night after a boat capsize, and knowing that you are forty miles from the nearest land and will not be missed for at least another two days, then you would prove to have a greater faith in your atheist religion, than the majority of people of which I am one.

I, who am 76 and have lived an extremely adventurous life, and believe that I have faced more life and death situations than many others, have proved to myself, the power of prayer.
There are whole websites dedicated to people who live in dangerous situations as atheists. And it has nothing to do with having faith in atheism so much as not having faith in gods. http://militaryatheists.org/atheists-in-foxholes/ The majority of people are religious, so it makes sense that the majority of people would pray. But I don't think belief borne from fear is healthy or wise, personally.

The Anointed

There are whole websites dedicated to people who live in dangerous situations as atheists. And it has nothing to do with having faith in atheism so much as not having faith in gods. http://militaryatheists.org/atheists-in-foxholes/ The majority of people are religious, so it makes sense that the majority of people would pray. But I don't think belief borne from fear is healthy or wise, personally.

Only those who have lost the will to live, do not fear death. Those who love life tend to avoid any situation that could lead to their death. Belief is not born from fear, but from the overwhelming evidence of intelligent design that is all around us.

In an interview which was published by G. S. Vierech in 1930, Einstein said, “I'm absolutely not an atheist. I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza’s pantheism, but admire even more his contribution to modern thought because he is the first philosopher to deal with the soul and body as one, and not two separate things.

It is also recorded that Einstein was more inclined to denigrate disbelievers than the faithful. "The fanatical atheists," he said in correspondence, "are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who--in their grudge against traditional religion as the 'opium of the masses'-- cannot hear the music of the spheres." Although he did not believe in a personal God, he indicated that he would never seek to combat such belief because "such a belief seems to me preferable to the lack of any transcendental outlook"

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Only those who have lost the will to live, do not fear death. Those who love life tend to avoid any situation that could lead to their death. Belief is not born from fear, but from the overwhelming evidence of intelligent design that is all around us.

In an interview which was published by G. S. Vierech in 1930, Einstein said, “I'm absolutely not an atheist. I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see the universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. I am fascinated by Spinoza’s pantheism, but admire even more his contribution to modern thought because he is the first philosopher to deal with the soul and body as one, and not two separate things.

It is also recorded that Einstein was more inclined to denigrate disbelievers than the faithful. "The fanatical atheists," he said in correspondence, "are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who--in their grudge against traditional religion as the 'opium of the masses'-- cannot hear the music of the spheres." Although he did not believe in a personal God, he indicated that he would never seek to combat such belief because "such a belief seems to me preferable to the lack of any transcendental outlook"
Not sure why you're posting this to me. He also said that, "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
Obviously we will disagree.
Anyway I didn't say belief is borne of fear, rather that fearing for one's life prompting a disingenuous sudden interest in gods is.

Ostronomos

Based on what you have freely admitted to here I do think you could benefit from psychiatric counseling. Nip this while it is still in the bud before you go completely off the deep end.

Such an Oversimplification of the situation. there is nothing wrong with my mental state.

I've also experience the absolute need to pray while in the 6th sense and alone in my room. The 6th sense originates in the mind.

And God is real. But you don't know that.

Last edited by a moderator:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You are clearly an idiot and you are not qualified to make that assessment. Such an Oversimplification of the situation. there is nothing wrong with my mental state.

I've also experience the absolute need to pray while in the 6th sense and alone in my room. The 6th sense originates in the mind.

My assessment is that anyone who talks about anything demonic is clearly not dealing with a full deck. I urge you to seek counseling.

Cougarbear: I think it's more the realization we aren't infallible when confronted with life and death situations. Thus, we pray for a higher power to save us. I don't know if that is selfishness. A desire to live I don't think is selfish.

Cougarbear: That's not what he is saying. And, I think it's a bit intolerant to say his belief is borne out of fear. He already had his belief and knew in all situations he can rely on the arm of Jehovah (Jesus Christ). Who can you rely on? Other people? sometimes but most of the time people run from scary situations.

Such an Oversimplification of the situation. there is nothing wrong with my mental state.

Cougarbear: No need to name call. I think he was trying to help. Your post did seem like you had some issues with mental stability.

Last edited by a moderator: