• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comparing veiws Evolution and Creation.

What do you think

• God created us without evolution

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • God created us and evolution also occured

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Evolution (big bang)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Evolution (no big bang)

• Dont know but don't believe in God

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World just came about

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We were created by a different god instead of the god of Cristians, Jews and Muslums.

• Other religous explamations

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other non-religous explamations

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

OmarKhayyam

Where is your evidence that carbon dating is not accurate. Do post it as you may well have a Noble Prize coming IF you have proof.

OTOH, if you don't . . why do you doubt what has tested and verified many times over?

JJM

The bible can't serve as it's own source. You think the bible is true because it says it is? That's circular logic. What about all of the other religions and their holy texts with miracles, prophecies and various other claims? Why not believe the stories of Odin, Krishna, Osiris, Zeus, etc?
the Pagans didn't have any holy texts thats why they questioned there religion so much.

JJM

Where is your evidence that carbon dating is not accurate. Do post it as you may well have a Noble Prize coming IF you have proof.

OTOH, if you don't . . why do you doubt what has tested and verified many times over?
There isn't any proof that carbon dateing is accurate either.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No, because proof is for math and liquor. Science deals in evidence. Radiometric dating has it, and you don't.

Tristesse

the Pagans didn't have any holy texts thats why they questioned there religion so much.

Text is the worst form to show divinity. Language changes, phrases get misinterpreted, it goes through so many different editing measures. I would never trust in a book, who no one knows who the authors were, it was written in a primitive era(meaning gods were all the rave back then). I think your relying on really bad reasons to believe this.

JJM

So now truth is determined by how many people believe a proposition? I dare you to tell a hindu he has the wrong religion. And yes they are Abrahamic religions, but they all believe different things about the same god, so, you might say they are actually different gods.
I don't know any Hindus but I wouldn't be affraid to confront one on his religion.

Tristesse

I don't know any Hindus but I wouldn't be affraid to confront one on his religion.

I'm sure if you did, he could point out the fallacies in your reasoning, and I'm sure you could do the same to his reasoning. But you both wont realize the flaws in your own reasoning. Which is the main point.

JJM

Text is the worst form to show divinity. Language changes, phrases get misinterpreted, it goes through so many different editing measures. I would never trust in a book, who no one knows who the authors were, it was written in a primitive era(meaning gods were all the rave back then). I think your relying on really bad reasons to believe this.
Ok so why is it then that if you study the Egyptian Empire and Pharoh Rameses the second you here mention of Moses.

OmarKhayyam

"There isn't any proof that carbon dateing is accurate either."

Post your evidence son. Your bare assertion will get you nowhere.

OR

Simply admit that evidence doesn't matter and you will believe what you like facts to the contrary notwithstanding. At least be honest.

Ignorance is bad enough. Intellectual dishonesty is despicable.

Tristesse

Ok so why is it then that if you study the Egyptian Empire and Pharoh Rameses the second you here mention of Moses.

What? I don't understand what your talking about? There isn't any evidence to confirm a man named moses lived. So, I'm at a loss of what your talking about.

JJM

What? I don't understand what your talking about? There isn't any evidence to confirm a man named moses lived. So, I'm at a loss of what your talking about.
Historians have read Egyptian hieroglyphics and there is recorded histoty of Moses.

JJM

"There isn't any proof that carbon dateing is accurate either."

Post your evidence son. Your bare assertion will get you nowhere.

OR

Simply admit that evidence doesn't matter and you will believe what you like facts to the contrary notwithstanding. At least be honest.

Ignorance is bad enough. Intellectual dishonesty is despicable.
I don't have proof that carbon dateing is inaccurate but scientists don't have proof that it is accurate either.

Tristesse

I don't have proof that carbon dateing is inaccurate but scientists don't have proof that it is accurate either.

Yes, they have evidence that it's reliable and consistent. But what does that have to do with your holy book. If carbon dating is inaccurate that doesn't justify your holy book.