• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Community service in and for online communities

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I'm thinking that sometimes maybe people whose way of life includes some kind of community service, have never thought about possibilities for community service in and for online communities, other than possibly in hosting and managing them. I see people doing other things that look like community service to me, like starting discussions that other people might enjoy, or genuinely trying to be helpful. What have you seen people doing in Internet Forums, social networks, blog circles, YouTube circles, and other online neighborhoods and villages, that look like community service to you, even if the people doing it aren't thinking of it that way or doing it for that reason? What other ideas do you have for possible ways of serving online communities?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I appreciate people on forums who try to keep things light by throwing in some humour. Many folks take themselves too seriously, and it's a subtle reminder to live life joyously.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Does anyone have any more ideas or examples for community service in and for online communities?