• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Communism, Capitalism, and Heaven

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I am not certain what your words mean. I am sorry I do not understand.
it's an old story ....I grew up with it

and God created Man a little less than the angels
and said to them.....
That Man is less than you, he is fragile
Therefore seek after him that he stub not his toe nor dash his head

one third of heaven, led by God's Favored said .....NAY!
that Man is less than we are.....he should be made to serve us!

a fight broke out....swords drawn
and one third of heaven fell

but there is nothing wrong with the logic
we humans do so.....unto anything less than we are

even unto each other

and to whom?......do we bear resemblance

it's an old story ....I grew up with it

and God created Man a little less than the angels
and said to them.....
That Man is less than you, he is fragile
Therefore seek after him that he stub not his toe nor dash his head

one third of heaven, led by God's Favored said .....NAY!
that Man is less than we are.....he should be made to serve us!

a fight broke out....swords drawn
and one third of heaven fell

but there is nothing wrong with the logic
we humans do so.....unto anything less than we are

even unto each other

and to whom?......do we bear resemblance
I am not sure how to reply, thank you for your words though.

But 'righteousness' was construed as an abdication of freedom.The righteous were the orthodox; those who accepted and enforced the injunctions outlined in Leviticus, Deuteronomy....

Sorry, I think that is not true. I recommend to read what Bible tells about righteousness, I think there is many interesting scriptures about it. Here are few examples:

The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, But the perverse tongue will be cut off. The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, But the mouth of the wicked is perverse.
Pro. 10:31-32

The thoughts of the righteous are just, But the advice of the wicked is deceitful… … A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel… … A righteous person is cautious in friendship, But the way of the wicked leads them astray.
Pro. 12:5,10,26

A righteous man hates lies, But a wicked man brings shame and disgrace…
Pro. 13:5,9

A righteous man walks in integrity. Blessed are his children after him.
Pro. 20:7

There are those who covet greedily all the day long; But the righteous give and don't withhold.
Pro. 21:26

The righteous care about justice for the poor. The wicked aren't concerned about knowledge.
Pro. 29:7

Righteousness in Bible means wisdom of the just, right understand that leads to right actions, not because person tries to gain something, but because he understands it is good and right and wants it freely.

Off course you could not. So how could you refer to beliefs as a "choice"?

I think belief is always a choice. I choose not to believe in Santa Claus, because there is no good reason to believe in him. I choose to believe in Bible, because it has shown knowledge and understanding that I think people would not have without God.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I think belief is always a choice. I choose not to believe in Santa Claus, because there is no good reason to believe in him.

No. You are compelled to not believe in Santa because the evidence isn't there and / or doesn't convince you.

If beliefs were truly a choice, then you COULD "choose" to believe in Santa despite the lack of evidence.
So in your own words, by including the "because the evidence..." part, you have actually acknowledged my point.

I choose to believe in Bible, because it has shown knowledge and understanding that I think people would not have without God.

In your opinion.
Not in my opinion. So I can not believe it. In the same way you can not believe in Santa. Or any of the thousands of gods you don't believe in either, for that matter.

Belief = not a choice.

If you still feel like arguing this point, then actually answer my question which you clearly dodged:
Could you choose right here, right now, to honestly and sincerely believe in Santa?

If your answer is "no", then you acknowledge the point I made.

And to be perfectly honest with you... if you answer "yes", I won't believe you.
Be honest now.... So.... could you? Sincerely and honestly?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But not like the ones in earth history and no one is dissatisfied with their position and the King is perfect, righteous, beloved, worshipped and emulated by all.
Certainly sounds like a well entrenched master-slave relationship to me.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Either communism or capitalism is only needed when there are limited or scarcity of resources. In paradise, there is no scarcity or limitation on what each person can have, there is plenty for everyone - no system of allocating resources/goods to people is needed.

capitalism only exists where service to self exists without service to all as self. in heaven there is no personal property because it all belongs to god in service to other as self and service to self.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Au contraire.

I'ld say creativeness comes from / is motivated by people trying to meet their needs - whatever they may be.

No clue what you mean by "self actualization" though.

In any case, I call it "boring" because the quest always is more interesting then the end result. In fact, everything is pretty much a quest.

Once I dreamed about owning a nice drumset. I saved up and was on a mission to get me that drumset. Then I had enough money and bought. That need was met, only to make place for a new need: learning how to play the drums. So I learned how to play the drums. The need was met. Again it was replaced with a new need: learning how to play the drums well and better.

This need will NEVER be met, because no matter how good I get - I can always get even better :)

Once I was single.
Then I wanted a girlfriend.
Then I wanted that girlfriend to be a life partner to share a life and house with.
Then I want kids with that life partner.
Now I want my kids to grow up well.
And I'm pretty sure that 20 years from now, I'll want grandkids.

Etc etc etc

Life / existence is interesting, precisely because you have to work for everything. Nothing magically appears simply because you want it. That would make life incredibly dull and boring imo.

So an eternity of having my needs met with no major run-up to it where I actually have to get my hands dirty to get to that ever moving end-goal.... NO thanks. That would not be a life worth living imo.

maslow's hierarch of needs explains it.

https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Heaven also has Hierarchy

as above
as below
these are the seven chakras/seals being opened. when the 7th seal is opened the Unconditional Way is revealed as being ONE whole, oneness, monism

Rev 8:1

for a moment one is dumbfounded by the revelation

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It is a Kingdom ruled by an eternally righteous loving perfect merciful King who wants us to become like Him and He has said so.
then become NOW. God is NOW

thy kingdom come

a person's body is their kingdom that the spirit dwells within

in some cases the kingdom enslaves the spirit.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Communists go to communist heaven even the atheists. Capitalists go to capitalist heaven even the atheists.

Sooner or later they realize that capitalism and communism are limited human conceptions.

I believe there is no such thing.