• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comfort Food

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
My stomach still turns when I think about the scones and gloopy white sauce they tried to make me eat for breakfast in Virginia

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
We used to have regular ol' spaghetti and marinara once a week. These days I add a little minced garlic and a dash of Frank's hotsauce. Perfect easy meal that just feels like my childhood.

Yes! Just did Spaghetti this week. A classic. I tend to do seasoned ground beef in my sauce, and I make the sauce myself. Lots of herbs, like thyme, sage, oregano, parsley, garlic, onion powder, S&P.

Crap I'm hungry now. :oops:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Nope. Scones are OK with jam and cream and a cuppa tea, they're not breakfast food.

Something like this?
Fisher_Fair_Scone_cpd8j4.jpg

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
When I was a kid, my mom would serve cottage cheese...with dill pickles.

I love it! Probably the only food mom served that stuck with me.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes! Just did Spaghetti this week. A classic. I tend to do seasoned ground beef in my sauce, and I make the sauce myself. Lots of herbs, like thyme, sage, oregano, parsley, garlic, onion powder, S&P.

Crap I'm hungry now. :oops:

I have a killer marinara sauce I copied from the New York Times. I have read that marinara sauces were supposed to be "quick" sauces, as opposed to a Bolognese that can take four or more hours to cook properly. This one is done in a bit over a half an hour and it is amaing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oooo I love biscuits and gravy. Pity I aint ate it in years
They are simple to make. You can even cheat and get the Pillsbury type of biscuits. To me the gravy is the important part.

Oh, and I like mine with an egg over extremely easy. Oh my, I just ate dinner, but the thought of that egg yolk running down a mess of biscuits and gravy is making me hungry again.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Reminds me of eating leftover white rice, with milk and sugar for breakfast. :) I haven't had that in years. :)

Cold or cooked?

I know I've seen that in recipe books cooked... wanna say its a northern Europe thing, but can't say for sure...