• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colorado unemployed the lowest since 2008

factseeker88

factseeker88
Here in Grand Junction, CO, the unemployment rate in April has dropped from 8 percent down to 5.5 percent in August, the lowest it's been since 2008.

How is your state doing?

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

"Question everything." TV Science channel

Wirey

Fartist
I live in Alberta. We have too many jobs. We're literally bringing in foreign workers by the plane load to keep up.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Here in Grand Junction, CO, the unemployment rate in April has dropped from 8 percent down to 5.5 percent in August, the lowest it's been since 2008.

How is your state doing?

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Just moved from Oregon to California. Oregon's rate is much better these days.

Stats from June say it's 6.8%, down from 11.6% in May of 2009. :eek:

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

How is your state doing?

Here were I live they claim the unemployment level went down, but it is easy to see that it is not true.

Then come to find out that the number of people receiving unemployment dropped (because they ran through their allotted maximum amount) by the exact same number.

Interesting that the vast majority of them are not back to work, merely no longer eligible for benefits.

So I doubt the unemployment rates are accurate enough to take seriously.

Alceste

Vagabond
I think if bc legalized pot, our unemployment rate would drop a few points too, as all those dealers would suddenly become tax paying business owners.

factseeker88

factseeker88
I think if bc legalized pot, our unemployment rate would drop a few points too, as all those dealers would suddenly become tax paying business owners.

Here in Colorado, pot sales are booming, over a million a day in Denver alone, probably why the unemployment rate has dropped to 5.2 percent.