• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College students unclear about Free Speech - FIRE

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Didn't stop you before. Just PM me with your "evidence"
I kept the topic brief and in relation to how Twitter can basically do whatever it wants (likely even change the rules without notification - but I haven't read their ToS to know exactly, but it's very common to see such a clause) to keep it on topic. You basically complained about "I can't say what I want," and I pointed out you don't have that right on Twitter and in light of the crack downs of fake news and hate posts such claims of transgender people being someone other than their identity will probably at least be examined because it is not backed by scientific evidence.

Shad

Veteran Member
I kept the topic brief and in relation to how Twitter can basically do whatever it wants (likely even change the rules without notification - but I haven't read their ToS to know exactly, but it's very common to see such a clause) to keep it on topic. You basically complained about "I can't say what I want," and I pointed out you don't have that right on Twitter and in light of the crack downs of fake news and hate posts such claims of transgender people being someone other than their identity will probably at least be examined because it is not backed by scientific evidence.

I pointed out something that is not controversial results in a ban. I was pointing out their rules are arbitrary in nature as twitter is run by leftists. It has nothing do to with signing up but that they make up rules as they go with no reason nor logic while acting like they promote dialogue when in fact they don't.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I pointed out something that is not controversial results in a ban. I was pointing out their rules are arbitrary in nature as twitter is run by leftists. It has nothing do to with signing up but that they make up rules as they go with no reason nor logic while acting like they promote dialogue when in fact they don't.
So does Google and Facebook.

Shad

Veteran Member
So does Google and Facebook.

Yes. Which goes right back to a point I made awhile ago that media giants are a major issue as they have a near monopoly on internet media yet have arbitrary rules based on their politics. In FB's case their profit margin. Twitter claimed to be pro-free speech but that was a lie to get people on to the platform.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yes. Which goes right back to a point I made awhile ago that media giants are a major issue as they have a near monopoly on internet media yet have arbitrary rules based on their politics. In FB's case their profit margin. Twitter claimed to be pro-free speech but that was a lie to get people on to the platform.
If you don't like what's on the TV, turn the channel.

Shad

Veteran Member
If you don't like what's on the TV, turn the channel.

I do not use twitter anymore anyways. Still arbitrary rules created by a few people that impacts billions while lying about their platform being about free speech. It isn't. This is why all those media giants need to be treated as public commons.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
freespeech.JPG