• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I never did watch college football until about way into last season. My room mate watched it every night, and I started to watch. Glad I'm did.

jonny

I'll be honest, I've been waiting for this day since last January. My life isn't complete without football.

I'm nervous about how BYU will do this year. BYU fans are not very good at losing & we have a brand new quarterback. If Max Hall doesn't fall flat on his face, he might be given the honored position of my avatar. If he does, you might be seeing John Beck in a Dolphin's uniform on the forums.

Oh, and Katzpur - Johnny Harline is STILL open! YouTube - Last Second Winning TD - BYU Beats Utah

You know it's football season when everyone who was rejected from BYU suddenly become Ute fans. :)

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Glad I'm did
Welcome to the fold!

You know it's football season when everyone who was rejected from BYU suddenly become Ute fans.
Hahaha... too bad for Ute fans though... anyone who is one know how bad Brian's injury is/was?

jonny

Hahaha... too bad for Ute fans though... anyone who is one know how bad Brian's injury is/was?

I'll answer this. Ute fans are bandwagon fans, so they probably all disappeared last night. :D

I hear he'll probably be out for a few games. Too bad because the Ute's offense wasn't designed for Grady. I have a feeling that it'll be a long season for the Utes.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I can't believe my dad.
Instead of watching college football, he insist he doesn't like college football and turns the TV to a NFL preseason game. Thats like watching a fire cracker in one direction when you can watch a mortar shell in another.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Hahaha...

I was listening to FoxS radio last night, the guy started giving the NFL scores, he stopped midway and went on this rant "I am reading these like they have any significance at all, like they mean anything" etc...

I only watch the pre-season if a UL player is playing or no other FB is on...

Though thursday the line-up wasn't so great... it was a bunch of blowouts... today though, there should be som good games... Tenn @ Cal, GT @ ND...

edit:
That sucks... I heard he was a good QB and was looking forward to a good game at PJCS...

slabbey06

Bond-Servant of Christ
I was going to start a college football thread if someone hadn't already! Is there a better way to spend a Saturday then with ESPN College Game Day? I think not.
Go VA Tech! They're not playing so hot right now....but they will prevail!:)

Virginia%20Tech%20Logo.jpg

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
From everything I heard, Appy St. was the better team...

ECU got hosed by the refs...

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
BYU won! Now, let's see what they can do to UCLA...

I am not really a BYU fan but since all of the Mormons here are rabid BYU fans, I watched the game with some friends and I think the new QB will do fine. He has a great arm but needs to figure out how to put touch on his short throws.

Unga was excellent. If the defense is for real, they could do well this year.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I'm not really a Football fan, but I will tell you that the Nebraska CornHuskers beat Nevada 52-10 yesterday at a home game.

Smoke

Done here.
I'll bet Jonny's excited about BYU's win; congratulations!

The Gamecocks beat the Ragin' Cajuns 28-14! (South Carolina is my alma mater.)

The ASU Mountaineers beat Michigan 34-32 in a surprise victory that had ASU students celebrating in the streets of Boone and Coach Moore admitting, "We're still sort of shocked." ASU students and fans were so excited that -- even though it was an away game -- they tore down the goalposts at home. :D

asuwins-2.jpg

Photo from The Watauga Democrat.

jonny

I am not really a BYU fan but since all of the Mormons here are rabid BYU fans, I watched the game with some friends and I think the new QB will do fine. He has a great arm but needs to figure out how to put touch on his short throws.

Unga was excellent. If the defense is for real, they could do well this year.

The Mountain West has some really good defenses this year. It'll be fun to watch (although I love watching the offense light up the scoreboard)!

I was worried about the new QB since he hasn't played in a real game since high school (four years ago). It looks like he'll do good. He has a strong arm and will carry the BYU QB tradition.