• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee: it's not just for breakfast anymore!

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I tried coffee for the first time about two years ago. I started drinking it about once or twice per week after that, and always with cream and sugar. It tasted good and felt good for a bit, but then the sugar felt bad after that.

So I haven't bothered to have any in about a year.

technomage

Finding my own way
I tried coffee for the first time about two years ago. I started drinking it about once or twice per week after that, and always with cream and sugar. It tasted good and felt good for a bit, but then the sugar felt bad after that.

So I haven't bothered to have any in about a year.
I can understand that. Coffee is actually good for you, as you doubtless already know. However, I'm also certain that the sugar I put in the coffee undoes any possible benefit. :)

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can understand that. Coffee is actually good for you, as you doubtless already know. However, I'm also certain that the sugar I put in the coffee undoes any possible benefit. :)
Coffee appears to be decent for people in moderate amounts, although it depends. Some people are more sensitive to the caffeine, and one must consider total caffeine intake from coffee, tea, chocolate, etc. Black coffee does overall have some good research for its benefits.

But yeah, I think the sugar content generally outweighs the mild benefits. Maybe if it is just a drop of sugar, it would still be healthy.

Personally, I avoid almost all added sugar, except for a few grams in my dark chocolate and several grams in my vanilla ice cream on occasion. So any other things like coffee with added sugar would result in overall more added sugar per day.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Usually with a Vanilla or Hazelnut cream. That usually makes it sweet enough to where sugar is not really necessary.

lunamoth

Will to love
I love good coffee and usually have 2 cups in the morning. I prefer skinny vanilla lattes, but at home its just Folgers with coffeemate and a little sugar.

I never drink coffee after about 9 am.

dust1n

Zindīq
Personally, I avoid almost all added sugar, except for a few grams in my dark chocolate and several grams in my vanilla ice cream on occasion. So any other things like coffee with added sugar would result in overall more added sugar per day.

If you stick to high quality brands of coffee, than drinking coffee black is good enough in itself... though it make take a few times to get use to.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I usually drink it black with sugar if hot and almost always add a dash of cinnamon or vanilla flavoring in it. I am also a very big fan of iced coffee and usually leave all of my leftover coffee int he fridge for this so it won't spoil. I take a scoop of icecream or use milk and add flavorings like strawberry, caramel or maple syrup(sometimes cinnamon or vanilla) then shake it in a bottle along with the sugar. This produces a whipped coffee malt of some sort usually.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I forgot. But this is a picture I put in my album a day ago. Homemade iced coffee :). I leave it in the freezer often times for extra effect. I prefer to mix maple syrup in the beverage and then dash the top of it with cinnamon. If I am in a good mood I swirl some caramel or strawberry syrup on top :D.

sha-irullah-albums-my-life-picture5212-what-i-drink-every-morning-homemade.jpg

ZooGirl02

I've been known to drink coffee any time during the day or night that I need a caffeine fix. That said, I prefer milk/creamer and sugar in mine but a plain coffee with sugar is good too. I can also drink my coffee black. I'm not picky when it comes to coffee and I love to experiment with various flavors of creamer and such.