• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton Kleptocracy

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Arbitrage is the practice of buying something (such as foreign money, gold, etc.) in one place and selling it almost immediately in another place where it is worth more.

Raising the interest rate purposely or manipulatively almost always results in consumers having less money to spend. With less spending, inflation decreases. The base currency, such as the dollar, becomes stronger. U.S. dollar strength tends to have a further adverse effect on inflation as a stronger dollar gives consumers more purchasing power, while making commodities such as gold and oil relatively less expensive. For example, with a strong dollar against other currency fluctuation, it takes less dollars to buy one barrel of oil or one ounce of gold. Thus the price per barrel or per ounce drops.

But if you sell this oil for example some place else in return for foreign currency, you get more of that currency which is weak against the dollar than you would have gotten in the past. But this could be a temporary window, another country may even devalue their currency to make their exports more attractive. However certain products, in this case let us say oil and gold, drop in value even though other products may become more attractive due to devaluation.

But as commodities fall too rapidly, this actually can pull down the markets. You could buy oil or gold for example on the cheap using the dollar. Then sell it right as soon as possible in a scheme where the bottom line is another currency - of which you are getting more of that currency than previously when it had not be devalued.

You then try to create inflation some place else. If interest rates rise in the US for example, currently rates are strongly influenced by FFR rates set by the Federal Reserve (the "Fed"), the dollar becomes stronger, inflation decreases, but in another country which is dropping interest rates they start to increase inflation trends in that country. Those consumers also have more flow of cash or can borrow more, but things start to become "more expensive" to buy since the money is "worth less than before" viz it takes more cash to buy something.

You can now arbitrage the buying of some commodity in the US where it is "cheap", selling it "someplace where it is more expensive" in terms of once it is converted to the other currency due to "inflation"... then wait. As soon as there is even a moderate downturn for example in the dollar and the strengthening of the other currency, you buy something in the US such as having foreigners buy property or simply exchange the money back into dollars but placed in foreign accounts. This can be sped up using computer technology. It is a form of currency manipulation and manipulating variance in inflation on a global scale.

The "oligarchs" amassed fortunes by the simultaneous purchase and sale of an asset in order to profit from a difference in the price. It is a trade that profits by exploiting price differences of identical or similar financial instruments, on different markets or in different forms. The difference between domestic prices for commodities and the prices prevailing on the world market can be exploited.

I am not sure 100% if that is what is happening now, or in the works - but I suspect it. It is not illegal.

It will not bode well for the middle class.

I *think* players in this include the Clinton Kleptocracy. And McConnell. And Paul Ryan. And Jeb Bush.

I might be wrong. Or shortly have an IRS audit. Or arrested.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Are you trying to tell me america isn't an oligarchy?

I wasn't trying to "tell" anyone anything, merely expressing an opinion and no I don't feel
this country is an oligarchy.
Definition of such is:
  1. a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution:
From wiki.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Oligarchy is:
  1. a small group of people having control of a country, organization, or institution:
No I don't think the U.S. is such.
Sounds like some conspiracy theory dreamed up by the imaginative.

Aquitaine

Oligarchy is:
No I don't think the U.S. is such.
Sounds like some conspiracy theory dreamed up by the imaginative.
I would have figured most countries are and have been Oligarchies. The very privileged and influential elite having incredibly disproportionate amounts of power over a country, via the big three avenues of power: Government, Corporate and Religious.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
This is simply the way things happen as the “oligarchs” become desperate – and they are having HUGE losses right now. The interest rate<>inflation<>currency fluctuations opens the door for arbitrage and especially in commodities where these factors create this divergence of the same commodity on the global scale.
But here is where a mistake in terms is made: the term “oligarchs” …

- there is some confusion regarding oligarchs, they are not the “super rich” or “corporations” or “Wall Street” but they typically are part of all three and yes can be super rich but are only one “sector” of the “circle”, what makes and distinguishes an “oligarch” from just your ordinary “super rich” or some corporate head et all is that oligarchs have a DIRECT LINE WITH GOVERNMENT, the government agencies and the pairing of the government and Central Bank(s). This is WHAT a true oligarch IS – an alliance or “understanding” between the oligarchs and the government (i.e. “crony capitalism”)…

Right now all these three dynamics are impacting the per barrel of oil and the UPSTREAM sector in oil energy as an example of what is coming into play here with the oligarchs (this is different from DOWNSTREAM sector which is focused on REFINING verse the UPSTREAM which is getting it out of the ground… downstream/refining centric business is doing WELL, or at least holding their own as they are making money refining the influx/spigot of crude, but the upstream is getting killed! … and until oil prices stabilize the market in the US will continue to DECLINE, the upstream has concerns indeed!) …

So that is the TRUE OLIGARCH – the private interest and the government interest in conjunction with a focus on interest rates<>inflations<>global currency values. The oligarchs are not necessarily “bad people”, but when the situation gets dicey, they may (and it appears ARE NOW) turning to arbitrage to “turn things around” – VERY DANGEROUS and happens in desperation. This allows the oligarch to “eek out” a couple billion here and there, not the same as true profits and GDP etc., these “few billions” can then be used to try and keep “money moving on ventures”. But what happens is, they get “addicted” to the few billions, not as good as good times but pays the bills, and it is all based on leveraging arbitrage. Once “addicted” they start to feel that they need to perpetuate the arbitrage while pocketing the billions in foreign accounts (paranoia). Then they become corrupt, fearful and the next thing you have is Kleptocracy in some cases among the oligarchs.
One astute member mentions George Soros. Very good. He is an oligarch. They are behind actually MULTIPLE politicians viz GOVERNMENT and their agencies, absolutely they are behind Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton right now (i.e. “establishment”).

Is Amerika an “oligarchy”? (as someone asked) … Well, there is no “chy” but there are “archs” viz PERSONS in this crony capitalism and the “pips” (on the penny like in Forex and currency trading) are all eeked out by means of different interest rates, different inflation rates, different currency values GLOBALLY where one advantages these differences in the buy/sell OF THE SAME COMMODITY. You ALREADY have to have a LOT of money to do this, and you need to be in BED with government and influential to Central Bank(s). This is NOT a “best practice”, the oligarchs turn to this however in desperation – first in claims of trying to turn things around, but then there is HUGE risk, and the problem of Kleptocracy. The Clintons are Kleptocracy. America is not an oligarchy – but oligarchs are now turning to arbitrage and we are facing great risks to the Middle Class.
My gut is watch out for the disaster to come.