• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Best version of yourself - pus suggested!

Everyone wants to become the best version of themselves, but few actually do it. We’re our own worst enemies when it comes to achieving success, chasing our dreams, and living a life that’s filled with passion and purpose.

Some of us are self-destructive without realizing it, and others are conscious of the fact, but lack the tools and/or knowledge in order to improve. But no matter who you are, there are 6 main habits that continually get in people’s way of becoming a success.

How to Be the Best Version of You And Live Your Best Life

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I remember the first time I got my hands on self-improvement books. I was baffled. At that moment, I realized my fate was not set in stone. I could become my own drill master and coach. The best self-improvement books that I read would set out the training course for me to overcome. All I had to do was listen to that voice that aspired to climb higher and higher.

Every time I committed to a new challenge, I knew it was going to be outside of my comfort zone. But after enough iterations, I also knew it will not just be part of my repertoire, it will be part of me.

Not all personal development books are made equal. Some help in starting you out on your journey, others give you a boost when you’ve achieved experience in certain areas.

27 Best Self-Improvement Books to Read in 2022

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
1-Sentence-Summary: Self-Compassion teaches you the art of being kind to yourself by identifying what causes you to beat yourself up, how it affects your life negatively, and what you can do to relate to yourself in healthier and more compassionate ways.

Read more -

Self-Compassion Summary

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Before we begin, a quick note.

I’ve used mindfulness to grow my awareness of myself through my experience of the present moment. Through doing this, I’ve come to a deeper understanding of what’s going on in my head and heart.

However, I’ve noticed that many people practicing mindfulness use it for building up their ego. For me, mindfulness has helped me to do the exact opposite. It’s enabled me to connect with the present moment in a very humble way, where I feel part of something far bigger than myself.

117 mindfulness quotes (powerful, inspiring and real)

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The standard way of reducing stress in our culture is to put as much energy as possible into trying to arrive at a moment that matches our preferences. This ensures that we feel some level of stress until we get there (assuming we ever will) and worse, it makes the present moment into an unacceptable place to be.”

David Cain

Comes from this page -

117 mindfulness quotes (powerful, inspiring and real)

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Anywhere, Anytime, Any Posture. Meditation is not something that only happens when you’re sitting cross-legged in silence. Not at all. It’s what happens when your mind and intentionality are inclined towards release and freedom. And that can happen anywhere, whatever you are doing. Buddha’s right-hand-man Ananda got enlightened when lying in bed and moving his arm! So it can be very good to practice in different places, inside and outside, in private and public. Practice standing up. Sitting in a chair. On a walk. In the shower. Washing your dog — whatever — it doesn’t matter! This all is very helpful for blurring the boundary between life and practice, until you see that every moment is an opportunity for awakening, and meditation was just a concept all along — it’s all awakening all the time. *enters the stream of the mystery*

40 Practical Meditation Hacks

All the best!