• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What I hear from most of my clients and students is that uncertainty is what creates the most difficulty. As much as we would like to know, to control, and to plan every little part of our lives so that it all works out in a way that creates more security and ease, we cannot. Life will always be impermanent and therefore always uncertain. We never really know what is coming next and sometimes the best and most courageous thing we can do is put one foot in front of the other and keep breathing through all of it. The power of learning how to live a mindful life is to embrace this truth as much as you possibly can and live for the moment with some future planning that you hold loosely.

Comes from this site -

A 10-Minute Meditation to Work with Difficult Emotions

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The choices we make are either based on love or fear. For example, I moved to Paris for a job I was really excited about. That was based on love. Then I stayed a bit too long because I was afraid of what would happen if I quit. That was based on fear.

I’ve made all my fear-based decisions out of insecurity and a feeling of scarcity. They’ve never taken me in the direction I wanted.

Make sure love is the foundation for your choices. To stay on track, ask yourself this powerful question, “What would love do right now?”

13 Things to Do Instead of Comparing Yourself to Others

Plenty more at that site - the menus at top-of-page!

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Not-all-in-the-same-boat-600x600.png

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Mindfulness on it’s own is simply a present moment non-judgmental awareness, as researchers say. But to develop the beautiful peace, gentleness, and stillness of meditation, a kindly awareness is required.

So Brahm developed a new term—kindfulness. And I like it!

Mindfulness and kindness are the two wings to help you soar to the dizzy heights of insightful wisdom, unconditional joy, and deep peace.

It's Not Mindfulness Without Kindness - Mindful

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Lessons learned from books - several -

If you asked me, "What is the one fundamental trait that any entrepreneur has to have?" First, I would tell you to go back to the first book on this list and work on adopting a growth mindset.

Next, I would tell you that you must develop grit -- an insane amount of grit. You've got to be legendary on this one. To put a fine point on it, grit is the willingness and ability to push through toward your goal even when it's hard and/or boring.

8 Life Lessons From 8 Good Books That Everyone Should Read

Has links to even more books!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For Schiz page as well! -

We are all mentally ill.

While this should not quite raise the eyebrows of mental health professionals, it is a rather bald (apologies to Ajahn Amaro!) statement to make in public. However, it does set the tone of Kingsland’s book which takes, by turns, an unflinching look at the state of the mindfulness industry today and the roots of its conception in Buddhist teachings. Kingsland presents his work imaginatively. Using the development of the Buddha, Siddhartha, from pampered and protected prince to a teacher of the Eightfold Path to liberation from suffering, he weaves what we know of Siddhartha’s quest and practice into what we know of the results of our current pursuit of liberation through mindfulness. And, it begins with acknowledging that we are all mentally ill.

Full review here -

Book Review: Siddhartha’s Brain by James Kingsland

All the best!