• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
"If we can allow some space within our awareness and rest there, we can respect our troubling thoughts and emotions, allow them to come, and let them go." —Tsoknyi Rinpoche

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - happiness advice gratitude -

What do you think about for the majority of the time? What do you spend most of your time talking to others about? Are you aware of this? A lot of the time, we drift through life with no idea where we’re putting most of our energy. Spend one week objectively observing your thoughts without judgement. You might like to write them down, then reflect on the exercise after the week is up. If you spend the majority of your time complaining, make a mental note to change your thinking habits. With time, you’ll find yourself being less negative and more objectively positive. Remember, thoughts act as affirmations when repeated enough. Be mindful of what you’re intentionally or unintentionally manifesting.

If You Don't Know How To Be Grateful, These Can Help You.

Plus suggested!?

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Meditate on gratitude

A few videos ... plus this -

If you want a dynamic and effective way to quickly improve your life, and bring happiness, harmony and success to it, look no further than the practice of gratitude.

Gratitude is a deeply undervalued trait in today’s fast-paced, technology-infused world. Many of us have little time to spare. Any free time we are able to enjoy, we usually spend in an attempt to catch our breath before plunging back into the chaos.

The practice of gratitude is one that can have a deep and lasting impact on our wellbeing. The small investment of time it requires is well worth the effort, and with regular practice, gratitude can become a daily habit that permeates your life.

But just what is gratitude? And what’s the best way to practice gratitude on a daily basis? We’re glad you asked.

Top 3 Gratitude Meditations To Bring You Happiness Harmony and Success

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness living with purpose

Most of us want a purpose to our lives. For some, having a family, a secure job, a strong community or deeply-held religious beliefs mean that we can find it quite easily. But as society changes, fewer of us can rely on the things that have traditionally given people purpose and a sense of meaning to their life. So it’s completely normal to feel that you need to discover it for yourself!

Research shows that having a sense of purpose is good for our well-being, and improves our resilience to stress and even our ability to think. The founder of positive psychology, Martin Seligman, includes meaning in his PERMA model of happiness.

Purpose — Museum of Happiness

Looks a good site to explore ...

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness inner resources

What is happiness and how can we achieve it? Happiness is not limited to a few agreeable sensations, intense pleasure or a burst of joy. Rather, it is a way of being and of experiencing the world; a profound fulfilment that suffuses every instant of life and endures despite the inevitable daily hazards we encounter.

A lack of well-being reflects a fundamental vulnerability to suffering, which ultimately can lead to a sense of self-loathing, a feeling that life is not worth living because we cannot find any meaning in it.

We all seek some kind of happiness and a sense of fulfilment. No one wakes up in the morning thinking, "May I suffer the whole day." When we engage freely in any long-term activity, we do so in the hope that it will increase our well-being or that of others.

We usually look outside for the causes of happiness. Likewise, when things go wrong, we instinctively search for outer remedies and try to change the conditions to suit ourselves. This often fails as, unfortunately, our control of the outer world is limited, temporary and often illusory.

Comes from this Aussie site -

Cultivating the inner condition for genuine happiness

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happy world be mindful - plus suggested searches?

Everyone always says live in the present and it can be such a cliche but WHY do we actually need to do this?

You can live in the present, the past or the future. Lets explore these.

You can live in the past but most the time when people do this, they are living with the bad things that have happened. The good times go down as good memories. The bad times continue to dictate how we feel and act. The issue is, we legitimately cannot change the past and therefore are forced to move on. We can either continue to live with anger, frustration, pain and regret or we can find peace and be a better version of ourselves with the lesson we learnt. At the end of the day, this IS the choice we have to make.

You can live in the future. I did this for SOOOOO long as a part of my life, always basing my decisions today based on my end goal. I gave up opportunities and made the self destructive moves today based on what I thought was going to happen in 6 months. I lived today as if ‘my thing’ was about to happen tomorrow.

Guess what? It never happened when I thought it would.

Read more -

5 Ways to be more mindful and happy

Cheers!